Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

I've fixed mine and I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by riccolesmana View Post
    So yesterday I got contacted back from Phillips Service Centre, and they told me that the power supply and the enclosing rubber inside the door is sort of melt. It costs me IDR 740.300 (USD 75) for both spare parts and service. I'm happy the spare parts are available, due this product is kinda too old.

edit:

I have received back the unit yesterday. The Power Supply Unit (PSU) has been replaced and now it's working perfectly again. Specifically the PSU costs 55 bucks. Another 20 bucks were spent for the belt for the door and the service.
    I do alot of searching on the internet and have successfully repaired many items through what I learn.
    I read over this post when I first started searching for a resolution for My Phillips equipment. Understand that there are alot of politics and lawyers involved in making decisions at a corporation...
    However, I am usually a one to two post guy to those who REALLY need the help. Being that there is NO solution that I could find on the internet, I figured I'd go ahead and see if this would resolves someone's issue without costing them anymore in repair or heart ache! lol

Here is how I repaired my problem...no sound. I cannot vouch for the door jams....
    My problem was found within the sub woofer. This is where the power supply is located. Best i can tell without schematics is that there is a primary and secondary power unit contained within the power supply. One powers the the amplifier board and the other powers the sound bar.
    Do this at your own risk!
    Remove the board (further most lower board contained in the subwoofer, watch out because there are some tricky screws to remove) and you will notice that there are two IDENTICAL electrolyte capacitors ( if you don't know what one looks like, google it) on ONE the side of the board. Mine are marked> 200V 330uf 85C. Without going into the circuitry of how I discovered that the ONE was faulty and the OTHER was on its way faulty, replace them. Don't attempt to replace them with a different value as the original as failure is sure to occur. Spend the extra money and get the exact voltage, micro-farad and most importantly, temperature.... I can go on and on about how they are applied within the circuitry, I have a feeling that no one would really care about it! Just know that the circuitry is set to rely on the primary capacitor , which will eventually lead to another failure...If this is your issue, you will see that there is wear around the plastic of one of the capacitors. My unit has been running for a few days now, so be confident that if, indeed, yours has this same issue, this will fix it.

Good luck! And I hope it resolves your issue...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drlnguptx For This Useful Post:

jcbdigger (04-22-2014)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    My unit just started with this problem last week. Have had it for approx 4 yrs and really happy with the performance. But the CD/DVD door has always been problematic and now with the sound problems, the unit is almost unusable. Anyone else find a fix, short of a do it yourself repair?

fduvall

Quote Originally Posted by Drlnguptx View Post
    I do alot of searching on the internet and have successfully repaired many items through what I learn.
    I read over this post when I first started searching for a resolution for My Phillips equipment. Understand that there are alot of politics and lawyers involved in making decisions at a corporation...
    However, I am usually a one to two post guy to those who REALLY need the help. Being that there is NO solution that I could find on the internet, I figured I'd go ahead and see if this would resolves someone's issue without costing them anymore in repair or heart ache! lol

Here is how I repaired my problem...no sound. I cannot vouch for the door jams....
    My problem was found within the sub woofer. This is where the power supply is located. Best i can tell without schematics is that there is a primary and secondary power unit contained within the power supply. One powers the the amplifier board and the other powers the sound bar.
    Do this at your own risk!
    Remove the board (further most lower board contained in the subwoofer, watch out because there are some tricky screws to remove) and you will notice that there are two IDENTICAL electrolyte capacitors ( if you don't know what one looks like, google it) on ONE the side of the board. Mine are marked> 200V 330uf 85C. Without going into the circuitry of how I discovered that the ONE was faulty and the OTHER was on its way faulty, replace them. Don't attempt to replace them with a different value as the original as failure is sure to occur. Spend the extra money and get the exact voltage, micro-farad and most importantly, temperature.... I can go on and on about how they are applied within the circuitry, I have a feeling that no one would really care about it! Just know that the circuitry is set to rely on the primary capacitor , which will eventually lead to another failure...If this is your issue, you will see that there is wear around the plastic of one of the capacitors. My unit has been running for a few days now, so be confident that if, indeed, yours has this same issue, this will fix it.

Good luck! And I hope it resolves your issue...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Are there any Moderators still looking at this thread? I just got off the phone with Philips Support in the UK, but they could not help me since I am in Spain. But they did tell me that there is no real information on this problem and it is NOT a "known issue." Or it is not a common issue. I would like to know if I can repair the problem myself, by installing a few capacitors, as was suggested earlier in the thread. If not, I will look for a Philips Authorized repair near Barcelona. Unfortunately, it seems the closest is in Manresa, which is not so close!

Would appreciate any advice from the Thread Moderator(s).

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Laat ik nu ook dit probleem ondervinden. Normaal staat het volume op 3 of 4. Nu moet ik tot 20 gaan en hoor enig geluid. Zelfs op de max is het niet overdreven.
    Wat kan het zijn??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234