Silver Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fdc View Post
    I also bought the pfl476877t and is quite satisfied except for the socalled natural perfect motion, wich works very poorly, with fast movements. As an example of this, you can try setting the natural motion to max and then watch the scene from Avatar, when Jake takes his avatar running, theres a lot of blurring/unstabe picture effects around him.
    Another example is in the 20th century fox logo, when the projector lights comes in front of the text ("century").
    Really hopes this is just af software error wich can be fixed, if it isn't, well Philips you really have to say something!
    I hadn't even noticed that on the 20th century fox logo until you pointed it out, the problem goes away once the motion system is disabled.

I know this motion systems can cause problems on all LEDs, I think most experts turn them off, I hope they can improve it.

Also the backlight system is only usable in standard mode, best picture and best power show visable dimming between scenes, hope they can tweak that too

There is a lot of this tv to like, just needs a some improvement in the above areas

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    hello! after buying a 37pfl6007h, I can not set it in optimal conditions. I have a problem with the movement of the hands, suffers as relentizaciones, fuzzy. The HD Natural Motion I have it in the middle while the engine is off mpeg. someone could hand me a good configuration?
    thank you very much for your attention

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    So what you are saying is that we shall wait for how long? Come with an estimate. If we are talking months, nobody on this forum will wait and everybody will return their TV's!

Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Dear all,

Just to let you (again) know: we are currently looking into this issue, it has been escalated to development. But do not expect a solution "with the snap of a finger"! This must be thoroughly investigated, and that unfortunately takes (a lot of) time!

We greatly value your feedback and always take it seriously, but we do not have for all cases ready-made answers or solutions. Often we even have to involve our IC-makers to help us in finding solutions (time, time, time...). So, until we come up with a possible solution, I'm afraid you have to be patient.

To show that we take your feedback seriously: we have weekly meetings between the forum mod's, our callcenters, and development to discuss all your posts and see where we must/can help. Although the forum is initially set up as a user-to-user platform (users helping each other), in serious cases we will of course step in and look for satisfactory solutions.

Regards,
    JuAn

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Philips 47PFL6877 SOURCE AND VOLUME MENU PROBLEMS

One more..
    Philips 47PFL6877 MENU PROBLEMS

Please see the video..

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all,

A bit worrying topic I must say since I have 47PFL6877 on order myself! On other hand, of the big number 6***-units sold, just about 10 or 12 people complaining that hard about it on here. Doesn't that say more about them then about the TV's I ask myself?... How bad will it be, taking into consideration it's a mid-range TV, stuffed with a truckload of features and options? IMHO, issues mentioned are bugs, not nonconformities.

Is the 47PFL6887 really that bad that I better cancel it, pay 400 euros more, and buy 46PFL8000? Or should I rather first try 6887 for myself and then decide if it's flaws are that disturbing to me? I find the glasses for passive 3D much nicer and more comfortable then the ones for active 3D for instance... I'll keep you posted about how the story ends here!

Regards!

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Reasons I bought this for and I did not returned yet.

1. colors
    2. contrast
    3. passive 3d
    4. smart capabilities even if not quite useful and disturbing due to long loading times and reduce nr of apps
    5. the keyboard on the remote backside - a solution above all the others even if response time is an issue and sometimes it does not take command on key pressing. Would be very useful if would have a some strong apps to work with and faster browsing experience on smart tv mode.
    6. Ambilight - truly their biggest hit along with colors and contrast.
    7. quite decent frame even if LG overpass them with the frame-less models.

Reasons I am not happy with the model and the company response on it's issues:

1.The motion problems are quite disturbing especially for somebody that is picture quality educated and is really expecting to get what it was promised.
    2. The tv sometimes does not react on commands like Power UP, source selector..
    3. Hard menu navigation due to loading time and long route to some options.
    4. Company not admitting problems (quite normal in a world where you have to survive) that I have noticed from the very 1st day I got the TV. I assume they still have a Quality Control dep. and also lots of tests before launching a product on the market. Obvious the released the product knowing it's problems very well and they bought lot of time probably to work on issues in the meantime. We have had about 4 or 5 upgrades since July and nothing changed. I feel no impact improvement..

I think this is a hardwired problem that Philips has to deal with and if they will do some callbacks like any major and respectful manufacturer will do, they will manage to wash the dirt created so far.

Since Philips is not Toyota, I assume this will be hard to achieve.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by DadGommit View Post
    Hi all,

A bit worrying topic I must say since I have 47PFL6877 on order myself! On other hand, of the big number 6***-units sold, just about 10 or 12 people complaining that hard about it on here. Doesn't that say more about them then about the TV's I ask myself?... How bad will it be, taking into consideration it's a mid-range TV, stuffed with a truckload of features and options? IMHO, issues mentioned are bugs, not nonconformities.

Is the 47PFL6887 really that bad that I better cancel it, pay 400 euros more, and buy 46PFL8000? Or should I rather first try 6887 for myself and then decide if it's flaws are that disturbing to me? I find the glasses for passive 3D much nicer and more comfortable then the ones for active 3D for instance... I'll keep you posted about how the story ends here!

Regards!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gstan80 View Post
    One more..
    Philips 47PFL6877 MENU PROBLEMS

Please see the video..

Hi Gstan.

When you are pressing these buttons (sound + source), can you hear any clicking sound from the remote control?

Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes.. they are clicking )))) I make sure I press all the way each time but yiu can hear that in the video too..

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gstan80 View Post
    Yes.. they are clicking )))) I make sure I press all the way each time but yiu can hear that in the video too..
    Don't you just love being regarded as an impecil....?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Can configuration help to resolve motion problems?

Hi All,

As a potential buyer (interested in the 37 or 42pfl6xx7) I'm following this thread with interest to see if the motion problems will be resolved (soon).

On a German site I found a user reviewing this tv with the remark that he solved the motion artifacts by changing the settings. He indicated the following settings:

for bluray:
    Lebhaft
    Kontrast BL 95
    Farbe 76
    Schärfe 3
    Rauschunterdrückung Maximum
    MPEG-Artefakteunterdrückung Minimum
    Perfekt Natural Motion Aus
    Clear LCD Ein
    Erweiterte Schärfe Ein
    Dynamic Contrast Minimum
    Dynamische Hintergrundbeleuchtung Optimales Bild
    Farboptimierung Maximum

Sat (SD & HD) : habe ich Schärfe 2 und Perfekt Natural Motion auf Minimum

It's German and I haven't translated it, but I think it will be clear for most of you. Would some of you be willing to give it a try and see if these settings improve the resulting picture with fast moving objects?

Thx,
    Moviefan

Silver Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moviefan View Post
    Hi All,

As a potential buyer (interested in the 37 or 42pfl6xx7) I'm following this thread with interest to see if the motion problems will be resolved (soon).

On a German site I found a user reviewing this tv with the remark that he solved the motion artifacts by changing the settings. He indicated the following settings:

for bluray:
    Lebhaft
    Kontrast BL 95
    Farbe 76
    Schärfe 3
    Rauschunterdrückung Maximum
    MPEG-Artefakteunterdrückung Minimum
    Perfekt Natural Motion Aus
    Clear LCD Ein
    Erweiterte Schärfe Ein
    Dynamic Contrast Minimum
    Dynamische Hintergrundbeleuchtung Optimales Bild
    Farboptimierung Maximum

Sat (SD & HD) : habe ich Schärfe 2 und Perfekt Natural Motion auf Minimum

It's German and I haven't translated it, but I think it will be clear for most of you. Would some of you be willing to give it a try and see if these settings improve the resulting picture with fast moving objects?

Thx,
    Moviefan
    Looking at that all he has done is turn off the motion system - not really a fix, just turning off the option that causes the problems

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb1972 View Post
    Looking at that all he has done is turn off the motion system - not really a fix, just turning off the option that causes the problems
    I suspect you are right, still curious though. If he did see the motion artifacts, he must have seen the judder as well, but indicated that with these settings he got rid of the issues.

He kept Clear LCD at On, and I wonder : is there some relation with noise-filters, sharpnes, dynamic contrast etc. Whilst I'm not too hopeful about a 'golden' combination that actually works to some extend - you never know. Assuming this will not be fixed overnight, to what limit can you keep this under control?

Another question I have: if you turn it all off, how bad is the judder. Is it like a standard 50Hz tv, or worse?

Something else is that the pfl6877 is 600PMR and the 6007 is 400PMR. However, it does not look like there are less issues on the 6877...isn't that odd?

thx,
    Moviefan

Silver Member
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DadGommit View Post
    Hi all,

A bit worrying topic I must say since I have 47PFL6877 on order myself! On other hand, of the big number 6***-units sold, just about 10 or 12 people complaining that hard about it on here. Doesn't that say more about them then about the TV's I ask myself?...
    [...]
    Well, I personaly read those threads every 2 days for weeks before registering and complaining. So there are more readers than active people... as usual in everyday life. I can give you some other forum with people also complaining and waiting for corrections.

I knew there was some bugs, but I underestimated the 2D 3D judder problem. And I'm concerned this can't be corrected without lessening performance on other aspects.

I used to tell interested people to wait and see what correction(s) will come from Philips (because of other good points of the TV, same as gstan80). After roughly 8 weeks, I now would recommend to look into other brands as well, especially for those who don't care about passive 3D.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Philips!

I bought this TV (pfl6877t) from Elgiganten in Sweden some months ago. Due to a lot of travelling I couldn't test it until this week. I noticed this problem with fast motion scenes and it's really disturbing. I actually don't want to keep this tv if this is not fixed, but I can't return it to Elgiganten since I bought it more than 30 days ago.

Philips, are you working on fixing this? I would not have expected such an expensive TV to have this serious defect. It's really that bad and you must prioritize fixing this issue.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    hello. I would like to provide you with a list of rulings bearing the tv. spoke on behalf of a very important forum of Spain and we have collected many failures. I hope you have in mind after the big money paid. and so they can fix it in future updates.

Tv 1 presents the fast Scenes difuminaciones especially rapid movements of hands even with odd shadows. also always seen in a football game on the ball.

2nd TV in specific cases while running is stuck and does not respond to the remote control keys. must be removed to fix the electric current.

3rd after reboot where PHILIPS appears rather large, in the top left aparace few lines ugly and unattractive for the brand.

4th include quick access to switch modes tv game mode. is very slow now the process to switch between both menus.

5 º to exchange audio. not support DTS then that could change languages ​​or formats.

6th smart tv totally disastrous hardly any applications and less in Spanish. besides the fluidity of navigation is very very slow.

7th sometimes creates the 3D double images and artifacts.

I think this would be it. would be the most outstanding image quality in terms of fast motion judder effects with ghost ... the natural motion works really bad. All these failures are with the latest update installed 000,133,005,000, 09/03/2012

expect an answer, thank you very much for your attention.
    a greeting

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic