Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NaC View Post
    mrb1972,
    This issue of HDNM on pfl6007 models was discussed here and in many other threads. It is not my first post here, and I think Philips has all the information they need and so much MORE.
    All descriptions, all movies that were given here as examples (like bee movie), movies prepared by Manuj, ALL is here in this thread. (btw: Manuj, I did not turn my TV into PNM. If it's a good solution, Philips should do that!!)
    I'm tired to repeat again and again on the same explanation.
    Now, it's Philips turn!
    Philips, response now! We are tired from this ignoring!! no more excuses! Find solution to all of us right now!! You had all time required, now it's your turn to speak!
    Ok I am fully aware problems have been reported, what I meant was you may have watched a particular film or TV show which highlighted the problems, the more material we lets philips know about the better

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb1972 View Post
    Ok I am fully aware problems have been reported, what I meant was you may have watched a particular film or TV show which highlighted the problems, the more material we lets philips know about the better
    Philips has ALL the information they need!
    I think that everyone can notice this problem, it's not difficult to notice it, I'm sure Philips is aware of this problem from the beginning, however they decided to release it as is.
    If we are all noticed it, the PROFESSIONAL people in Philips surely knew that. You don't release TV in such bad picture quality condition.
    Maybe it just financial strategy, trying to save some money and hope no one will complain.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I am back!!! ))))

Want to hear the latest news? The Ambilight is broken !!!

One side of the has only 2 leds working ok. The rest of them are broken. Please see the pictures with both sides. In one of them you will notice only 2 good working leds.

I can believe I could buy such a crappy TV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken-ambilight-philips-47pfl6877-bad.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	1539 defect ambilight side

Name:	Broken-ambilight-philips-47pfl6877-bad1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	1540 ambilight working

Silver Member
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Si I went to a TV shop with many panels.
    They were mostly displaying some slow motion promotion video... So nothing to really see.

I could only see :
    => Samsung 50ES6900 : for sure not at all the artifacts we see on Philips.
    => Sharp Aquos (70 inches I think) : I could see exact same stuff. I believe they use the same processing... Not worse, not better, just same (well, to my understanding). Anyone knowing about common electronics/CPU ?
    => Panasoninc 42 inches (Sorry I can't remember the exact panel) : perfect. There was a "fast" moving overlay menu just to boast about processing. Well, they could because on Philips pfl6xx7 this black and white overlay menu would have been damaged !

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gstan80 View Post
    I am back!!! ))))

Want to hear the latest news? The Ambilight is broken !!!

One side of the has only 2 leds working ok. The rest of them are broken. Please see the pictures with both sides. In one of them you will notice only 2 good working leds.

I can believe I could buy such a crappy TV.

Name:	Broken-ambilight-philips-47pfl6877-bad.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	1539 defect ambilight side

Name:	Broken-ambilight-philips-47pfl6877-bad1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	1540 ambilight working

Good thing I bought also 5 years warranty + for this TV.
    When will I break something, immediately replace this crap tv with another one...no more PHILIPS!!!
    And I'm not the only one who has such opinion.

several years, I was happy with crt tv philips 29pt9521...100Hz,pixel plus,hdmi,...
    http://www.amazon.de/Philips-29-PT-9.../dp/B000FCSJZ6 and I thought that it will be even better next PHILIPS tv.

I wonder if these comments even reach the right people to do something about it,
    or is it all ignored...I think we should send these comments to "higher" persons.
    Any other suggestions?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down Philips - please help us now, this is ridiculous!

Hi JuAN!

First of all, I would like to say that you guys at Philips have handled this case exeptionally bad.

Second of all, the Philips support team have got all evidence, material and other stuff they need to solve this issue, and if not being able to solve the issue, come with an official statement saying that the problem can't be solved and that you recommend us to go to our local store and return the TV's.

As you can see, this thread was starded in August 2012 by gstan80 and has been updated with material and complains every single day ever since and we have reached 20 pages of material now. What has happened since - absolutely nothing!

Your latest reply to this thread was absolutely nonsense. Let me reply to your post:

1. The nr. of instances doesn't matter, because all of the TV's manufactured are affected with this issue. If you go to different TV stores like I did you can clearly see that. Second of all the severity is high since it's completely destroying the picture quality of the TV.

2. Since you have passed the task on to the technical team, you have acknowledged, that the nr. of instances is high and that the severity is high. The technician team just clearly hasn't come up with anything yet, because this issue has low priority. I can clearly tell that from your replies, your solutions etc. If the issue had priority, the case was solved and you would have told your customers what the solution will be.

3. and 4. I don't need to comment on, because Philips haven't reached these steps yet.

So what I will do today is to call all the big local stores in Copenhagen (Bilka, Elgiganten, Expert, Fona etc.), tell them about the issue, check literally ALL their televisions and make them report to Philips about this serious issue. Maybe you will react then.

To put things into perspective, I had an a year and a half old iPad 2 (out of warranty). I found a bug on the iPad and thought I needed it to be fixed. I went to the local store and told them about the issue. They took it in for inspection. 2 days later they called me and said that they had replaced the unit and gave me a brand new iPad 2. That's customer service and a company that cares for their customers.

At last I would like to say you have handled this case so poorly that no company in the world could have handled it worse!

Best regards an extremely dissapointed customer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Dear all,

Again I would like to point out that the HDNM (or Juddering) issue is under our full attention. At this point in time, unfortunately I can only repeat myself: we are looking into this and we will for sure get back to you a.s.a.p.

Let me explain the process a bit, not as an excuse but just so you understand where we are:
    1. As with all issues, we first need to evaluate them (nr. of cases, severity, etc.).
    2. Then, after evaluation, we pass on the information to the respective teams who technically look into the reported issues. This is what we did.
    3. Our TV (software) teams from then on look into the issues and involve parties as needed. Also this process might take some time.
    4. Finally, after a solution has been found, this must be tested thoroughly. You guess it, again takes time....

These kind of complex things are very time consuming, that is unfortunately a fact. So I apologies for this, but do hope for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    JuAn

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    This is how the 8007 handles motion, all picture processing off except Clear LCD. Turning them on doesn't make it better. You can see that picture processeing is divided to these blocks, you can clearly see that it doesn't have the power to handle fast movement. It's recorded from myZen.tv HD channel, not the best quality but the problem is visible (watch in HD). I paid 2500€ for a mosaic like picture.

Last edited by aise; 11-13-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typos

Silver Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aise View Post
    This is how the 8007 handles motion, all picture processing off except Clear LCD. Turning them on doesn't make it better. You can see that picture processeing is divided to these blocks, you can clearly see that it doesn't have the power to handle fast movement. It's recorded from myZen.tv HD channel, not the best quality but the problem is visible (watch in HD). I paid 2500€ for a mosaic like picture.

Wow I haven't seen anything like that on my 6007 although I have a similar clip to that so will try it out tonight

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    As always, it would be great to be able to share the source video.
    Between us, and maybe Philips (and their "partner")

I would propose to use this one : http://www.mothernaturevideos.com/20...-falls-closer/
    There's water and thin lines (branches). I'll also test tonight.
    This video might be great as well for testing

But on the exact same site, there are a few downloadable videos (720p or 1080p).

About electronic partner, can anyone confirm this is Sigma Designs ? Anyone knows the exact chip reference used in those Philips LCDs ? (could be the Pro-Fusion SoC).
    I'd love to know...
    Last edited by Manuj; 11-13-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo + adding video

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

yes - Fusion SOC

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks

Do you know if this video processing is hardware "only", and via this SoC only ?

In that case we maybe should better contact Majors to stop those fast motion scenes. Spiderman could also stop jumping around buildings (and all those edges/verticals). Finally who would have expected those fast action movies ?

Do you know if other brands officially use that SoC ? (like Sharp Aquos that I felt have same artifacts).

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    i just watched "FernCreekFalls-Close-720.mp4" from USB drive and water is blocky like in the video i posted, also tried to play it through PS3 (HDMI), result is still the same, BLOCKY! i'll go to the store tomorrow to try the same clip on ES8000.

1080p material would be better fot testing. can't find anything.
    Last edited by aise; 11-13-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    i just watched "FernCreekFalls-Close-720.mp4" from USB drive and water is blocky like in the video i posted, also tried to play it trough PS3 (HDMI), result is still the same, BLOCKY! i'll go to the store tomorrow to try the same clip on ES8000.
    Should I say "Great" ?

Hopefully I'll try tonight as well.
    Can you see the branches over the water ?
    To all, this is the video we are talking about.

I must say I'm really disturbed as well. This is all the more visible with high contrast.
    Again it only requires an fast moving arm to have it disappear, blur or even be doubled if thin.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    By the way, people watching your above youtube video should not care about the visible "grid".
    This is usual Moirť effect because your camera (pixel grid) is recording/sampling the panel (another pixel grid).
    What we are discussing is the lack of details, sharpness, pixel precise,... or whatever you call it.
    Still images are great, motion scenes get awfull. If only I wasn't seeing that all the time and from first minute I switched the TV ON...

Anyone has a high-speed, high-definition camera ?
    This would help so much !

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    1080p material would be better fot testing. can't find anything.
    Why not this one ?

On the first page of this website, you can click the keyword 1080 on the bottom to get the 1080p selection.
    I will also test the birds here

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic