Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuj View Post
    Hi,

I have finally spent some time testing hdnm on 150.82.
    There are much less artifacts (as in bee movie introduction), also fast moving scenes are not "collapsing" as they uses to in previous firmware (and reason why I posted so many images and videos).

So now I can live with hdnm set to minimum.
    Since all the youtube videos I posted are outdated, I just deleted them so that they don't misguide people.

Only future buyers (looking at TVs in shops), should make sure they compare brands with, at least, firmware 150.82.
    Updated to 150.82 today to see if I could spot any improvements, when watching TV it seems I can get away with hdnm set to min 90% of the time. Also it works well for sports.

However I find movies show up the problems the most, for example Spider-Man 2 today was not good in the swinging around the city scenes

My conclusion is general tv and sport the min setting works well, but turn if off for movies

Silver Member
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb1972 View Post
    Updated to 150.82 today to see if I could spot any improvements, when watching TV it seems I can get away with hdnm set to min 90% of the time. Also it works well for sports.

However I find movies show up the problems the most, for example Spider-Man 2 today was not good in the swinging around the city scenes

My conclusion is general tv and sport the min setting works well, but turn if off for movies
    You're certainly right in your recommendation.
    Spiderman 2 is also one of the worst because of background buildings (and thus verticals). Urban Acrobat clip has improved, (kind of the same as Spiderman, but with high contrast which the hdnm does not like at all !).
    Fast panning is best for sure (I used to say the whole scene was collapsing/falling), but fast objects still flicker/disappear too often.

I also have tested with one of "my" videos. Strangely the calculation is not the same depending on area on the screen (for same object moving at same speed on same background but different location). It got better in the center with 150.82, but seems to be as ugly on the sides for that video.

Anyway, I think I had to delete my shared youtube videos because they were not reflecting current state.

@Rosane : I also have that problem. I don't understand why so few people complain about that "strange judder" in 3D. The moving scene does not have to be so fast... and this judder is just very bad and tiring to watch.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @Rosane : I also have that problem. I don't understand why so few people complain about that "strange judder" in 3D. The moving scene does not have to be so fast... and this judder is just very bad and tiring to watch.
    I haven't tried any 3d with 150.82, I did watch some last week with 133 and didn't notice any judder

Silver Member
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb1972 View Post
    I haven't tried any 3d with 150.82, I did watch some last week with 133 and didn't notice any judder
    Thanks to you, I downgraded to 133 and could discover that the 3D intermittent stutter problem was probably about my home setup. "probably" because the TV's mediaplayer is not stuttering but only when using hdmi input. I imagine the TV is dealing correctly with hdmi input, so this must be external. So sorry for that confusion.
    So I'll keep double checking with Philips media player, as I have always done in the past, before posting.

Then I switched back to 150.82, and could never get a decent hdnm again. I had played last week-end with the hdnm setting (Off/Min), watching again several clips, and posted here it was much better. I also have seen it was better for several days.... also in 3D I could still see some artifacts, but much better.
    But after tomorrow's new upload of 150.82 fw, I could never get rid of those damned artifacts.
    I tried many settings combinations but could not find a good one again... and just regretted not to have written down my previous settings.
    I hope someone will have some explanation...

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hey Guys.
    First of all I love the TV that Philips makes. Cool design and great pictures. But listen I have a Philips LCD thats about 5 years old (model # 37pf9731d) that I bought for almost 3500 euro at the time. I have the same problems with my old Philips TV as you guys that when fast objects move I get this jagged edge around the objects! So yesterday I went to buy a new TV and I was thinking about the model that you guys have bought BUT was shocked to see that this brand new phillips TV in the store display had the same problems with fast moving objects that get jagged around the edge as my 5 year old phillips tv have. So guys this problem is nothing new to your new philips models.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks to you, I downgraded to 133 and could discover that the 3D intermittent stutter problem was probably about my home setup. "probably" because the TV's mediaplayer is not stuttering but only when using hdmi input. I imagine the TV is dealing correctly with hdmi input, so this must be external. So sorry for that confusion.
    So I'll keep double checking with Philips media player, as I have always done in the past, before posting.

Then I switched back to 150.82, and could never get a decent hdnm again. I had played last week-end with the hdnm setting (Off/Min), watching again several clips, and posted here it was much better. I also have seen it was better for several days.... also in 3D I could still see some artifacts, but much better.
    But after tomorrow's new upload of 150.82 fw, I could never get rid of those damned artifacts.
    I tried many settings combinations but could not find a good one again... and just regretted not to have written down my previous settings.
    I hope someone will have some explanation...
    That's odd - I have gone back to 133 for now, I just prefer the image quality it just seems better than the 150's or its my imagination.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    At first I thought it was just because 3D isn't always sharp and clear. Only after I saw it on 2D with action scenes I linked the two together. I'm suprised that Philips haven't already replied to my message in this forum and seems not very fast in fixing this problem. It almost seems like they don't understand that people how pay around 1500 euros expect a tv that is at least just as good, but mostly better then tvs around 500 euro. The images in fast scenes can be so bad and irritating that cheap tv's seem better then this one. I would be embarrassed if I was Philips. I'm very disappointed.

Rosanne

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hello i'm new here...
    And i'm very dissapointed now then i found that so many people have this problem. I thought that i will return this tv and i'll get another the same but normally working, but now i'm f***ng stucked with this tv. I pay so many for tv who jus got a nice color and can play from usb, but no nice motion no quick interface many problems. It's like take 400 euros and burn it. That's how i feel right now. The only option i see right now to give it back and take lg or samsung if it's possible unless philips morons operating system engineers will fix it....

Silver Member
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Thanks
    Philips is going to concentrate on business areas now it seems:

Philips bows out of consumer electronics market
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/n...tronics-market

Apparently the hand over will occur in 2017. I just hope we will still get firmware updates.

EDIT: apparently the TV business is not be affected?
    Last edited by martytv; 02-04-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi everybody , I join the forum because I realised the PNM problem since the first days of my new 42PFL6057H/12 .
    I bought this TV because the seller claimed that this is the most good picture I could have in this price .....1000 euros !!!
    So .... I read several threads about this problem ... and I'm sure that it's not my imagination.
    It suppose that a 600 Hz TV with a 1000 euro price 42'' should be perfect at least in picture performance ......
    I choose this TV instead of a 400Hz other brand just because it is +200 Hz more and because I trust Philips.
    I dont care about the poor internet TV platform and unusefull applications .... neither for the slow responce menou , Iexplorer delays .... neither the EPG .... MKV files ....subtitles etc. .........
    I spend 1000 euros for the best picture ..... and I feel very stupid for this .....
    I would like to buy a 55'' cheap brand but I deside to pay more for a smaller panel but best picture. Now I have a small panel and a quite often flicker/judder picture !!!
    Its my imagine or not when every 5-10 seconds ther is a judder/flicker on not so fast motion images ? At the moment I turned off your PERFECT NATURAL MOTION and I have a perfect simple picture like a 500 euro TV , ok maybe the best picture in comparison to other brands, but 500 euro more for what ? just for the PNM + smart TV ? and where is the 600 Hz PNM ? I payed more than 1 euro per Hz.
    I consider that someone (gues who) should have a sticker on TV with the notice:
    **many times the picture flickering even if there is a 600Hz process system** , but I didn't read anything about this ,just **PERFECT MOTION .... PERFECT MOTION PICTURE ... because of the 600 HZ**
    Thanks for reading ,and apologise for my aggressive post ....
    I hope to have a good SW soon !!!
    Last edited by jeik; 02-09-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    hi everybody, i have a year 2010 46PFL8685H series tv and i cannot read mpeg-4 576P movies . Is this a limitation of the model of my tv ? i have installed the latest software but i still can't read these 576P files. Any suggestions ? Thank you for any help.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    OMG. i came to this forum to make a review of my model (42PFL6877T) and just came across this thread. now i will add to it instead of making my own since this one got alot of attention!

sorry but i stopped reading after page 10 - theres simply too much and it seemed it was just the same problems all over. Do anyone care to throw me a update about the situation, i haven't seen OP write in the last pages (29 and 30) has he given up ?

I am having EXACT same problems with those 2 features HDNM and PPHD. running software Version: QF1EU-0.150.82.0 i have seen a new update came out im updating while im writing this.

Also im surprised many of you don't mention the unbelievable slow handling of simple navigation through the menus in the TV and simply Start-up. HELL my GF's old 3000 DKK samsung tv menu navigation goess much more smooth (nearly INSTANT)

is anyone else also experiencing this or is it just me? id like to know

i brought this TV exactly 6 months ago, also from Elgiganten Denmark, where i actually also work. first head-on with the TV i was seriously disappointed because of the mentioned features not working at all. hell just watching harry potter were nothing else than glitchy spells and pixel destroyed towers in fast moving situations.
    later then i watched LOTR were again i had to experience destroyed pictures and blurred spears as shown in some of the previous videos (referring here to the video in the prison)

i unfortunately didn't return the tv just a few days after (which i now regret!) to buy the alternative Samsung, LG or Sharp i also had looked upon, because my co-worker told me of an update to fix these thing were coming in just a few days, and it did, it fixed the slow handling in menus much but its still hell to go through and NOT ACCEPTABLE yet! still i haven't seen a update about the buggy HDNM and PPHD.

for long i tried to ignore these glitches, since i completely LOVE the design and ambilight, now i cant ignore it any more. we can just assume that the TV's don't work as intended, either your software/firmware is so poorly written that it cant handle it OR the hardware simply cant handle the requirements for these features. i would say you have promised something in your products that WE have paid for but not received. there have been all but trouble with these series from the start, as of i can read.

I DO NOT BELIEVE these problems only occur on few models since our DEMO in store have exact same problems AND that TV's have been retuned because of it, so the number is far greater than you can see PHILIPS
    like others have mentioned you have not found a solution yet and its been on for several MONTHS! i know this is not a fix with a snap of a finger, but we have given you way more time than that.

stop writing your software if you cant find any more coding problems then give as a hardware upgrade and if that's not possible a new TV with the capability that we have been promised, and that you are marketing - i believe that is our reclamation rights!

However id also like to say its quite amazing seeing 3 Philips representatives answering to people in this thread, something not seen from other companies, but im sorry to say : it doesn't change the fact that we are still having these problems and feeling ignored since no solution has been found

hope to hear from you soon

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RabbitinaHat For This Useful Post:

jeik (02-10-2013),lacekw (04-18-2013)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Look friends, to be honest I still love the picture and ambilight of this TV, the picture is amazing also in SD channels, and I watched some days before the picture of a S**y , ~450 euro tv at my friends house, I checked very carefully the picture in diferent SD channels.
    MMM .... it was vey poor , I tried to change some settings but no big diferencies , except the more bright/color pictures .
    Yesterday also I visited the TV store to ask if I can return/change the model , ofcource they dont accept this, and informed me that none else complined about this model !!! .... ok maybe it's my immagination .
    I repeat that the point is the 600Hz system which suppose fix the judder , but this is a joke , it doesn't !!! .... judder very often in minimum setting , in normal motion (people walking) and also the most disturbing ... I can see very often when titles running fast /panning down in the picture to be double letters like a 3d film , some seconds normal and some seconds double , continously .
    I could buy a 600 euro TV 100Hz instead , what's the difference if I have to switch off the PNM !!!
    Last edited by jeik; 02-10-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi All.
    I have a "same" problem with my 47PFL6067K/12 tv. ( Perfect Natural Motion )
    The official service sad : this is normal.... ????!!!!!!
    Congrat. to Philips !!!! and congrat. to Hungaryan Philips Team, nice work !!

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Tags for this Topic