Topic: 47pfl6877t

• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Mojoman it is obvious that they have a huge problem and I really doubt this is only a software issue. I have been polling the alarm signal for 2months allready, time in which they had 2 updates for the 47PFL6877 and nothing has changed with the motion issue. Also Philips has not deliver any "it might be because of" answer on our complains. I have also been told that the technical service team will come and check my tv. They never showed up. I have been told I will receive a free gift for my patience in their try of washing the dirt created. A toothbrush, a phone or a remote control. Lol. I feel ofended honestly...
    Benedicktte sorry, I know you are just doing your job and probably there is nothing you could or can do but tell your manager we want an official answer and not ambiguous and ridiculous instructions about things not solving the issue. I will consider your question about the demo clip a joke.

Best regards.
    G.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Motion Issue

Quote Originally Posted by gstan80 View Post
    Mojoman it is obvious that they have a huge problem and I really doubt this is only a software issue. I have been polling the alarm signal for 2months allready, time in which they had 2 updates for the 47PFL6877 and nothing has changed with the motion issue. Also Philips has not deliver any "it might be because of" answer on our complains. I have also been told that the technical service team will come and check my tv. They never showed up. I have been told I will receive a free gift for my patience in their try of washing the dirt created. A toothbrush, a phone or a remote control. Lol. I feel ofended honestly...
    Benedicktte sorry, I know you are just doing your job and probably there is nothing you could or can do but tell your manager we want an official answer and not ambiguous and ridiculous instructions about things not solving the issue. I will consider your question about the demo clip a joke.

Best regards.
    G.
    I'm really in chocked to hear your story. Philips is this how you treat your customers? You better give us an honest answer as soon as possible. Can the horrible motion effects be solved or is it due to an hardware issue?

I expect to receive a true, realistic and serious answer within 24 hours. If not I have to go to my local store and return my TV, and explain them that the Philips Team obviously is having an issue and that the Philips Team is not willing to help their customers at all. I have all the documentation on this page and have taken dumpscreens of all the posts in this forum.

Hopefully you'll take this issue seriously and give me an answer as soon as possible.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Best regards.
    G.
    Hi G.

You will get contacted by the repair company during the day.

Regards,
    Benedickte
    Last edited by Philips - Benedickte; 09-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi G.

You will get contacted by the repair company during the day.

Regards,
    Benedickte
    Finally! Yessss!!! Service Team will come tomorrow after 5pm.
    Thanks Benedickte! )))))

The part will be changed but we do not know what is wrong. So no diagnostic whatsoever but instead they will change some part.

Are we having problems because of that part or?

The patient has temperature. What are we doing? We cut out the appendix, it could be because of that. )))))))))

How can Philips replace parts without letting us know what could be wrong. I am so looking forward to see what it will happen tomorrow.

Guys wait for my reply tomorrow after 6pm. CET. )

Thanks once again Benedickte for your effort.

G.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation

Finally! Yessss!!! Service Team will come tomorrow after 5pm.
    Thanks Benedickte! )))))

The part will be changed but we do not know what is wrong. So no diagnostic whatsoever but instead they will change some part.

Are we having problems because of that part or?

The patient has temperature. What are we doing? We cut out the appendix, it could be because of that. )))))))))

How can Philips replace parts without letting us know what could be wrong. I am so looking forward to see what it will happen tomorrow.

Guys wait for my reply tomorrow after 6pm. CET. )

Thanks once again Benedickte for your effort.

G.
    This is SO WRONG! How can Philips prioritize one customer and not give support to their other customers? I'll most definitely return my tv right away then and let my philips store hear this story!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    This is SO WRONG! How can Philips prioritize one customer and not give support to their other customers? I'll most definitely return my tv right away then and let my philips store hear this story!
    Hi Mojoman.

Have you been in contact with your local customer service?

Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Mojoman,

They are not prioritizing me.

I did a complain about 2 months ago. You do not have to be upset on that.

Be upset that we do not receive an answer of what is causing the problem. I do not want to prejudge but I have a strong feeling that the service will not be able to fix it. As I said, they are changing a part but no official answer from Philips said that is that part that has to be changed (including name of the part) because it is it creating the motion problem..

So stay tuned! I will let you know what happens.

Best, G

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all.

Could you please check if this also appears on the demo video you find on the TV?
    Please provide us with a video showing this issue.

Thank you.
    Benedickte

Thank you Benedickte for your respond. I will check the bad motion problem on the demo video as you said. And I also try to film the effect.
    I can add that, I watched a original bluray movie (not mkv) and bad motion effect is a bit less than the mkv format.
    And I can also add that, I watched the same mkv on a samsung tv and there is no such bad motion on that one.
    I'm doing such things to point the problem accurately and clear some questions for the philips team at least.

Regards.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Mojoman.

Have you been in contact with your local customer service?

Benedickte
    Hi Benedickte,

No I haven't contacted Philips customer service yet, but it is quite obvious that Philips are having a serious "Motion Effect" issues on their televisions.

This is the fourth time I'll be asking you:

Is the "Motion Effect" issue, that everybody in this forum is aware of - including you - is a serious issue, a software problem or is it a hardware problem.

I haven't been able to get an answer to my question yet.

But since the Philips team are going home ti Gstan80 private adress, to change a physical part on his television, to help sort the motion effect problem, it seems as Philips are admitting that they are having a serious hardware issue.

If I wont get a serious answer to my question today, I will return my tv tomorrow, and show my local store the bad customer service in this thread, that all of Philips clients have received. This is totally unacceptable and we should all really consider a lawsuit against Philips Customer Service Team.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Philips 47PFL6877 bad motion problems, edge judder, ghosting

Quote Originally Posted by dbah View Post
    Thank you Benedickte for your respond. I will check the bad motion problem on the demo video as you said. And I also try to film the effect.
    I can add that, I watched a original bluray movie (not mkv) and bad motion effect is a bit less than the mkv format.
    And I can also add that, I watched the same mkv on a samsung tv and there is no such bad motion on that one.
    I'm doing such things to point the problem accurately and clear some questions for the philips team at least.

Regards.
    dbah,

That clip is not relevant. It does not contain fast moving objects in the scene. A fast moving object is when the scene is staying still or moving slow but the object inside it is moving faster.

I have experienced all the possible sources like DVD, blue-ray, 3d blue-ray, full HD TV, VGA, smart tv.. all.

Is always depands. It is not a precise rule.

We have to scenarios:

Instance 1: Camera following a car (the car stays in the center of the scene) as the camera moves from left to right.

If you do not turn on Perfect Natural Motion then you get judder for the terraces behind the race track. That is called ghosting.

Instance 2: Turning Perfect Natural Motion ON, will make nice motion for "Instance 1" but will create object breaking or edge judder in the following:
    Camera is not moving and inside the scene you have a table tennis game. As the players are making fast moves their edges are breaking apart not being able to follow the normal motion.

In this case you will feel the need to take Perfect Natural Motion Off, which will take away the problem, but in case the camera is moving like in "Instance 1" you get the other problem.

..and so on..

As I said before you have to chose which bad behavior you want to have. It is impossible to run the TV without any of the above problems.

Best to all!
    G
    Last edited by gstan80; 09-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Benedickte,

No I haven't contacted Philips customer service yet, but it is quite obvious that Philips are having a serious "Motion Effect" issues on their televisions.

This is the fourth time I'll be asking you:

Is the "Motion Effect" issue, that everybody in this forum is aware of - including you - is a serious issue, a software problem or is it a hardware problem.

I haven't been able to get an answer to my question yet.

But since the Philips team are going home ti Gstan80 private adress, to change a physical part on his television, to help sort the motion effect problem, it seems as Philips are admitting that they are having a serious hardware issue.

If I wont get a serious answer to my question today, I will return my tv tomorrow, and show my local store the bad customer service in this thread, that all of Philips clients have received. This is totally unacceptable and we should all really consider a lawsuit against Philips Customer Service Team.
    What the hell?!?
    Let me tell you something: if this is such a "serious issue", how come I didn't even see it so far on my TV set (42PFL6097K/12)? My set is performing perfectly fine!
    By reading what you just wrote I'm somehow gettin' the impression that this is some sort of of epidemic issue (at least that's what you want to make us believe here, I think), which is actually far from the truth.

From my point of view, it's neither a hardware nor a software problem - the product just doesn't meet your expectations.

One question, though: why do you think that Philips is admitting that it's a known issue by offering a home repair to a consumer, just to see whether there really is something with the set or not?
    No offense, but there's something seriously wrong with your perception of things.
    By the way: what you're going to do is defamation

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    We have here people from diferrent parts of the world complaining and you are saying we have issues and not the tv itself. Your tv model seems to be diferent and probably you's is working well. Lucky you. Do you think we have nothing better to do than spending time talking here, looking for answers on other forums and loose our time recording videos and taking pictures hoping to help Philips identifying the problem.
    Last edited by Philips; 09-14-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Removed abusive language.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by l00pu5 View Post
    What the hell?!?
    Let me tell you something: if this is such a "serious issue", how come I didn't even see it so far on my TV set (42PFL6097K/12)? My set is performing perfectly fine!
    By reading what you just wrote I'm somehow gettin' the impression that this is some sort of of epidemic issue (at least that's what you want to make us believe here, I think), which is actually far from the truth.

From my point of view, it's neither a hardware nor a software problem - the product just doesn't meet your expectations.

One question, though: why do you think that Philips is admitting that it's a known issue by offering a home repair to a consumer, just to see whether there really is something with the set or not?
    No offense, but there's something seriously wrong with your perception of things.
    By the way: what you're going to do is defamation
    l00Pu5,

1. Your television is not the same as the televisions that are having this serious issue (yes it is a serious issue, that a television for around 11.000 DKK has a motion effect issue. It is one of Philips' top models. A motion effect issue shouldn't occur in that price range).

2. My expectations to a TV in that price range is that it doesn't have such fatal errors. Additionally I was told by the local store locator, that this TV had the best motion picture - even better than Samsungs 7 and 8 series. So yes, off course my expectations are high!

3. I think that Philips are admitting that there is a hardware issue - indirectly. I just want the statement from the Philips team: "There is a hardware issue, contact your local customer service" or what I hope for "There is a software issue, wait for the upcoming update!".

What I am doing is not defamation, but trying to get things right! So far, the service has been horrible!
    Last edited by Philips; 09-14-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Removed abusive language.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I couldn't agree with you more gstan80.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    I couldn't agree with you more gstan80.
    Let's sum up some of the facts:
    -> you all (which is 3 individuals in this thread until now) see intermittent artifacts generated by the motion compensation mechanism
    -> we have 3 TV sets affected: 2x 47PFL6877T + 1x 55PFL6097
    -> my 42PFL6097 is working fine (at least I'm not seeing any strange things that I wouldn't have expected, given that the set uses its built-in motion compensation mechanism)
    -> all 4 sets share the same chassis, (almost) the same SW stack and are LVDS-driven
    -> out of 4 sets, we have 3 different screen sizes here
    -> all these different models share exactly the same level of picture enhancement mechanisms

What makes you think that my 6097 cannot be possibly affected then? Please enlighten me by giving me a logical explanation for that.
    Last edited by Philips; 09-14-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed abusive language.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic