• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Problems with network connection

Hi all,
    I have TV 47PFL7696H and i have problems with the network connection of the TV. TV is connected by cable and what happens is that if I turn it on when the router is already on, it never connects. However if I turn on the router after the TV, the TV connected without problems.
    I tried both fixed and dynamic IP, and even add TV MAC as authorized MAC in the router.
    The router I have is a Comtrend CT536 VDSL.
    What is the problem?.

Regards.
    Last edited by abekain; 08-17-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abekain View Post
    Hi all,
    I have TV 47PFL7696H and i have problems with the network connection of the TV. TV is connected by cable and what happens is that if I turn it on when the router is already on, it never connects. However if I turn on the router after the TV, the TV connected without problems.
    I tried both fixed and dynamic IP, and even add between macs authorized the router, and still this behavior.
    The router I have is a Comtrend CT536 VDSL.[/B]
    What is the problem?.

Regards.
    Hi Abekain.

Could you please confirm to me what software version you got on your TV?
    How long have you experienced this? And did you change anything(setting, software update etc) before this started?

Best Regards
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Abekain.

Could you please confirm to me what software version you got on your TV?
    How long have you experienced this? And did you change anything(setting, software update etc) before this started?

Best Regards
    Benedickte
    yes, i have the last version, 0.14.99. This problem was already in earlier versions.

Thanks.

Regards.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abekain View Post
    yes, i have the last version, 0.14.99. This problem was already in earlier versions.

Thanks.

Regards.
    Hi Abekain.

Thank you for quick answer. I would advise you to try another router. Please post back result after this is done.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have exactly the same problem but with a 40pfl8606 and a zyxel modem/router. It will detect my laptop and synology nas when the Zyxel starts after the tv has been turned on. Otherwise the tv will keep on surching without any results. Fixed or dynamic doesn't make a difference. And my tv allso has the latest firmware. What to do???

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    It seems to be a configuration in router because I've tested several times with other router and it works.
    The problem is that two routers are different brands and it's not easy to view all differences.
    I've tested DHCP on and off, IP fixed and dynamic, ... but it doesn't work.
    i'll continue testing them.
    Benedickte, any idea with router configuration?

Thanks and regards.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Dutch and Abekain.

This can be a setting on the router. Where it is and what it's called i am not sure about, so would recommend you to check the manual or contact the customer service for help on this.
    If it still doesn't work, i would advise using another router.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Straneg problems with network connections

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Dutch and Abekain.

This can be a setting on the router. Where it is and what it's called i am not sure about, so would recommend you to check the manual or contact the customer service for help on this.
    If it still doesn't work, i would advise using another router.

Best regards,
    Benedickte

I have almost same problems and I believe that problems comes from Tv software not from router or e.g. firewall settings.

Tv is 42PFL4307T/12 and router/ADLS box is Bewan IAD A2100N. Router have latest software with default settings of ADSL operator.

Anyway router see my PC, Laptop and TV as PC - all of them are same kind of devices for router:
    - PC have Ethernet1 100baseTx-FD connection to router
    - TV have Ethernet2 100baseTx-FD connection to router
    - Laptop have Wireless 802.11b+g with WPA2 connection to router
    Router see all these devices if them are open and connected to home network.

Problem is that connection from TV to home network or internet is possible to create only immediately after TV is set on and max. 15-20 minutes after that. After 15-20 minutes TV needs to set off and on again for network connections. It's funny but TV also inform this if I try to use Smart TV area (TV shows a small text in display - upside left corner) but not if I try to read/use/stream/share files from PC or laptop. Router still see the TV and inform that connection is OK before and after that 15-20 minutes or even later.

This problem not occurred with sharing or sreaming files between PC and Laptop - connection never stops without my request. This problem occurred only if I stream/share files from PC/Laptop to TV - after 15-20 minutes TV don't see the network connections - router see TV but TV not see router - after rebooting TV (set off and on) TV again see the network 15-20 minutes etc. ...

So I believe that problems comes from TV software. Is it possible that TV is partly in shop-mode even it's defined as home-mode? If I remember right in shop-mode some features reset to default after certain timeout? Or how it is possible to see timeout for network connection - it shouldn't be there and it cannot comes from router or firewall because both of them see TV in same profile than PC and Laptop.

And again - if I go at first to home network to play one song e.g. from PC, I cannot go after that to Smart TV area - TV ask at first to set TV off an on ... before it can continues.

----
    IP address is shown correct mode in area "Show all network settings": like xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
    but this same IP address is shown incorret mode in area "Network settings -> IP configuration -> IP address:" like xxx.xxx.xxx.0xx

So there are extra null/zero that shouldn't be there.
    Another question: Why IP address is saved in two places? Every developer should know that it's the easiest way to collect some harms for SW ... to save same information twice.

----
    When I play music from Laptop (Win Media Player 11.x), TV shows everything in alphabetical order also inside of Albums, not original order of Albums?

With PC and Win Media Player 12.x TV shows songs of Albums in original order. PC see Albums from Laptop in original orders, why TV don't see the order same as PC?

----
    Sometimes I have to use feature "Clear Net TV memory", just because Smatr TV don't start before clearing the memory.
    So ... why it clears also everything important info like registering info?

Ok, I don't know what it really do but I have register device every time after I'm cleared memory of Net TV. It's frustrating feature and takes time to write e-mail address etc ... but the most strange feature in that area is behaviour after that - TV ask to continue registering in orders of e-mail that is sent ... and only information in there is a link to registerin page that says "You will get better benefits if you register your device from itself that device" ... or something like that.

So what are the real instructions for registering? It should do but ... from where and how ... information propose to round and around ...