Your experiences with FW v0.140.25.0 for 8000 and 9000 series (2010 models)
Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.
Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative.... (e.g. the "black screens during zapping" problem is solved!).
Thank you for your cooperation....
Last edited by Philips; 04-09-2011 at 06:56 PM.
first I noticed that zapping becomes faster as stated in the change log - merci!
Internet-EPG-issues (here Germany)
- in the upper left there is a PIP-window for the actual channel, however this window offers not the whole picture of the channel but only a small extract (it is like the epg is a sheet of paper with a hole) - If I watch on the 58PFL9955 in 21:9 zoom, the EPG is always a 16:9 window over the channels content and the PIP-window shows me the content which is shown on the channel at this position
- zoom in EPG is also very bad. If I zoom I get an extract of the upper left area - it is impossible to read the content description. There is a hard break in the sentences. It is neary impossible the move to the other parts with the cursor.
- when I switch a channel, it would be nice to see, which show currently runs on this channel (an onscreen display would be nice - together with the actual time)
- if I am in a configuration sub menu (i.e. software update) and I want to go back (back means back from the sub menu to the configuration menu) the tv jumps back to the tv-mode (or last selected source) - then I again need to go to home/configuration/...
- digital sound output (coaxial) is at least 30 seconds after pressing the stand-by-key on (tv-panel is off, ambilight is on, digital sound is on) - I think the sound stays on until the software is shutted down
- no eco-mode is available in net tv
- Easylink does not work with Philips BDP9600/12 - no key of the tv-remote-control works at the BDP (connected via HDMI, all easylink-options are on)
- watching the demo-hd-movie at 16:9 on the 21:9 58PFL9955: on the left and right side the last pixel line is moving vertically - it is like the tv tries to compensate a "rotated" movie
- watching sources at 16:9 zoom on the 21:9 58PFL9955: when watching at 16:9 I have on the left and right the black bars - however, near the 16:9-content black is not black - it is lighter - problem the backlight dimming?
- usb-content: please add an option to "sort by name" and not only by "last modified"
I think I will find some more "experiences"... but thats for now...
So, Toengel wrote down the most things and I agree. But...but......my biggest problem with the new Cinema 3D TV is a white stripe, 1 cm, on the right side of the display, occuring on blu Ray, DVD, tv, etc, etc. Makes no fun at all....I know about 5 new Cinemas they have this problem....you know about ?
Last edited by Ninja1001; 11-09-2010 at 12:33 PM.
another issue/wish I'd like to report:
- sorting channels: the sorting function apply only to the complete channel list (tv and radio) - however, I'd like to sort my favorites differently as the complete list - I can choose different lists, so why could I be able to sort them differently?
- menu language of TV: DEUTSCH
- internet EPG (tvtv) first page date in german
- internet EPG (tvtv) second page (broadcast description) date in english -> link start wikipedia in english
wrong enviroment variable or current stand in tvtv?
I think no issue, but an "own' favorites list instead of sorting in het main channel list would be preferable I agree. There is no option to make your own favorite list 1 for i.e. only music channels were you can put your own order in it.
Originally Posted by Toengel
I like to remark Philips on the fact there is still no now/next EPG/program info on the screen when zapping. I would like to see immedeately what progam is on en what program is next with i time path en if this program is HD or not or Dolby Surround. In every tv and decoder this is possible, but not on this tv of Philips!
First I apologize for probably sounding funny Google translation.
I hope it is fun to read.
Even with the new firmware still the very annoying problem with the edge strips.
Even with the internal Philips demo occurs to me left and
right sporadically about 1 cm margin strips on,
is considered in which the image changes color as if through a frosted glass.
This effect is depending on the color content of the picture. Creates one of a HD receiver a still image
can, for example, the margin error by calling the quick menu change, depending on which of the 3 rectangles
the menu is currently active, and thus has a lighter frame.
(The menu 3D-Format/2D/3D/Ambilight)
I hope this problem at the margins will be to fix with a firmware update
or the need for equipment to repair this error?
I can confirm the problem with the light stripe sometimes appearing on the right side of the screen.
In addition to that the latest firmware hasn't changed the sound bug on my 46pfl9705. Every now and then the sound either mutes completely for about five seconds or wanders to the left or right channel.
Also, even with the latest firmware I still don't get any Hbbtv-content.
With firmware 140.025 the original zap-problem seems to be solved.
But when zapping through the channels sometimes the sound appears a few seconds later than the picture on the TV-screen.
- all menues (including EPG) are fixed to 16:9 - I have the 21:9 58PFL9955 - why not using the whole space? Why are the menues programmed to fixed 16:9-size?
Well, I donot mind. The zappingwith CI + and Ziggo is good now, no bugs. I think its not a problem that the sound is a little bit later and its not as annoying as the zap-bug was.
Originally Posted by leutmaker
...anyone alive @Philips ? ...whats about the stripes..?
Have a 46PFL9705H with latest firmware 140.25.0. I also have the vertical white/opaque line every now and then on the right side of the screen only.
From playing around with some of the image settings i have found that it's likely a problem tied to the dynamic backlighting.
IF u turn off dynamic backlighting in the menu ... the problem is gone. If u turn it back to standard, optimal image, or optimal power usage > the problem returns.
Also it's mainly visible in bright backgrounds. In darker images it's still there, just not always as visible.
I am really hoping this is a software issue, and can be solved in a next firware issue.
There is a cinema produced in kW 36, newest software, backlight on standard. No line.
There is a cinema produced in kW 39, newest software, backlight on standard. Big line.
...looks like a hardware bug....