Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    What I also noticed it that when I use the TV-guide listing (tv channel logo's below each other and programs per channel mentioned behind the logo), the image I see in the upper left corner is no longer a complete picture of the channel I am tuned in to, but only a very small portion of it.
    Hi,

see the second post - first entry... http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ull=1#post1352

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie18 View Post
    Hi
    Still have not yet upgraded. Will do it lateron today. At this moment I´m using 2 versions older firmware (140.11) and I´m also experiencing the right/side line. It looks only 1 pixel wide, But I can see it when using my mediacenter.
    The strange thing is, that when I change Windows MediaCenter from Fullscreen to windowed and than back again to fullscreen, the line disappears...
    Hopefully this gives some feedback for tracking that issue down.
    Will also give some feedback for the new firmware (if that workaround also works with that version)
    The trick with the switching to windowed/full screen still works on .25 (had hoped I did not need to do it at all...)

Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    (...)
    Internet-EPG-issues (here Germany)
    - in the upper left there is a PIP-window for the actual channel, however this window offers not the whole picture of the channel but only a small extract (it is like the epg is a sheet of paper with a hole) - If I watch on the 58PFL9955 in 21:9 zoom, the EPG is always a 16:9 window over the channels content and the PIP-window shows me the content which is shown on the channel at this position
    (...)

Regards,

Toengel@Alex
    I do not have a PIP at all in the guide. Is this a special feature for e.g. the cinema edition? I have the 40PFL9705..

Also I've noticed twice in one week that the HOME button does not do anything and once none of the remote buttons worked anymore on the TV and I even had to switch it off using the switch on the TV itself...

But I still love this TV. This is just all feedback..
    Regards,
    Chris

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I do not have a PIP at all in the guide. Is this a special feature for e.g. the cinema edition? I have the 40PFL9705..
    Does the EPG work in your country? In which country are you?
    Because I am in Greece, and EPG either from DVB-T or IP does not work, so I also have never seen all these described regarding EPG. I only get a blank screen, with a clock and now-next infromation, but not a guide.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Internet-EPG-issues (here Germany)
    - in the upper left there is a PIP-window for the actual channel, however this window offers not the whole picture of the channel but only a small extract (it is like the epg is a sheet of paper with a hole) - If I watch on the 58PFL9955 in 21:9 zoom, the EPG is always a 16:9 window over the channels content and the PIP-window shows me the content which is shown on the channel at this position
    Hi,

this bug seems to be fixed as of yesterday... so it is a NET TV feature and do not depends on the firmware...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

this bug seems to be fixed as of yesterday... so it is a NET TV feature and do not depends on the firmware...

Toengel@Alex
    I saw it too

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petasis View Post
    Because I am in Greece, and EPG either from DVB-T or IP does not work, so I also have never seen all these described regarding EPG. I only get a blank screen, with a clock and now-next infromation, but not a guide.
    This EPG "powered by tvtv" works only via integrated DVB-C/DVB-T but not via DVB-S!
    Example for Germany look here: example (4. picture).

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-X View Post
    This EPG "powered by tvtv" works only via integrated DVB-C/DVB-T but not via DVB-S!
    Example for Germany look here: example (4. picture).
    Wow... For Germany there are two EPGs, and for Greece none...

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Hi perasis.

Sorry for the late reaction. I'm living in the Netherlands, but looking at the pictures of Blue-X, I only have the first (basic) EPG.
    I'm using the DVB-C tuner, so that provides me with the EPG (just like the setopbox). I can imagine if you're looking using the analogue tuner you do not have it.
    I do remember the first time I've powered on the TV, I did not get the EPG either. I first had to change the preference of the 'EPG source' (or something) to 'cable' instead of 'internet' to get it working like this.
    Maybe you can try that, as I cannot image that there is no EPG on the digital cable of Greece...

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I called Philips Support today and they said, that the 1-cm-vertical-line-problem on the right side is known (at least on the 58PFl9955) and they are working on a solution - how the solution looks like (firmware, hardware replacement) the Philips support couldn't say... So let's hope for an firmware update...

The Philips support said, that one can fix this issue by temporarily turning off the dynamic backlighting...

Regards,

Toengel@Alex
    I have a 40pfl9705/12, and I have the same vertical line in the screen on the righthandside. I reported it to consumer care in Eindhoven (I live in Belgium) and they told me they never heard of it. Yesterday the local repairservice took my tv with them after taking pictures and sending it to Philips. The guy said that I will probably need a new display. Any others who have the same experiences? It's not sofware, it's hardware because the line is always there (eg menu BDP), but not always as visible.
    Regards,

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi there.

This is my first post and I send my greeting to everybody here.

I'm a proud owner of a PHILIPS 46PFL9705H/12 TV set and I came across an irritating bug..

I plugged an hdmi cable (high quality item, though I tried other 3 of different types) in the new hd satelite decoder PACE DS830/831 and in each one of the TV's hdmi sockets.

The technical problem is that.... when I turn off the TV leaving the decoder in the "on" position, and then I turn the TV on, it goes back to the decoder's channel, BUT.... the picture color appears ... PINK and with NO SOUND !!!!!

Only if I power-off/on the decoder, the picture returns to normal, with the right color and sound!!

I tried to make the same connection with a scart cable and ... I had no problem!!

I've also opened the settings menu of the 831 to change the type of HDMI on the TV (it was the default position "original ")... I tried all options available and the only one that worked (not entirely, unfortunately) was the "1080i", where the picture remained in the right color with the opening of the TV, but I had no sound (even with the off/on switching of the 831).

Perhaps a firmware upgrade to solve the problem ????

This TV model is a recent one that PHILIPS sells like crazy in our country, despite the crisis due to its high quality imaging and excessively rich equipment.

The INCOMPATIBILITY issue with the PACE DS830/831 satelite box is at least IRRITATING, and, in any case, it lets down customers of both products!

Please, give us a solution.

THANK YOU.

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi perasis.

Sorry for the late reaction. I'm living in the Netherlands, but looking at the pictures of Blue-X, I only have the first (basic) EPG.
    I'm using the DVB-C tuner, so that provides me with the EPG (just like the setopbox). I can imagine if you're looking using the analogue tuner you do not have it.
    I do remember the first time I've powered on the TV, I did not get the EPG either. I first had to change the preference of the 'EPG source' (or something) to 'cable' instead of 'internet' to get it working like this.
    Maybe you can try that, as I cannot image that there is no EPG on the digital cable of Greece...
    Thank you for the tips, but unfortunately philips does not offer EPG for DVT-T in Greece. I have a 2010 panasonic (cost: 630 euros) and a samsung bought at 2007 (again 600 euros back then), that both have DVB-T EPG, so there is nothing wrong with the DVB-T signal. But my 9705 does not show anything more than the current/next program on a single channel, no guide at all either from aerial or internet.

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletri View Post
    I have a 40pfl9705/12, and I have the same vertical line in the screen on the righthandside. I reported it to consumer care in Eindhoven (I live in Belgium) and they told me they never heard of it. Yesterday the local repairservice took my tv with them after taking pictures and sending it to Philips. The guy said that I will probably need a new display. Any others who have the same experiences? It's not sofware, it's hardware because the line is always there (eg menu BDP), but not always as visible.
    Regards,
    Yes, there are many 9705 with the line. My 46/9705 has it also. I think all of them have this line...

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have noticed that with this firmware there are pauses in sound when passing-through DD and DNM is enabled.
    I was watching a movie from HDMI, and the amplifier was connected at the SPDIF output of the TV.
    If DNM was closed, everything as ok. Bu with DNM enabled, I could hear pauses in the sound. The higher the DNM setting, the more pauses (more frequent) I heard.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes, there are many 9705 with the line. My 46/9705 has it also. I think all of them have this line...
    I just had the chieftechnician of the repairserviceteam on the line, he told me that the display is too small for the housing of the tv. So everything (pixel perfect hd, led pro ...) ends 0.5 cm of the righthandside. Anyone else who heard the same explanation?

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletri View Post
    I just had the chieftechnician of the repairserviceteam on the line, he told me that the display is too small for the housing of the tv. So everything (pixel perfect hd, led pro ...) ends 0.5 cm of the righthandside. Anyone else who heard the same explanation?
    Hi,

there is a fix available for the "1cm line on the right problem"... Go to the support page of your tv and sort the FAQs by date... the newest one is for the line problem...

58PFL9955: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...3938&faqview=1

also available for 9705

Toengel@Alex
    Last edited by Toengel; 12-02-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast