Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

just add a parameter on the download link: ...zip?a=b

Then you will get the new file without any proxy caching problem... or just wait one more day...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Alex,

i've used the direct link and now it works

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/5/5...12_fus_fra.zip

Silver Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    New bug:
    - after watching several short films on USB the TV refused to change to 3D sbs and showed the picture like converted from 2D to 3D. I tried to change to 3D SBS inverted and the picture garbled on the screen, the menus were scrambled and the TV reverted by itself to 2D. Then the 3D was possible again but picture was incorrect (like too much 3D) and the subtitles were on only one screen. I exited the USB to TV and when back to USB, the picture was OK.
    - I verified again how the TV is using Auto zoom on HDMI. The picture 4:3 576p is displayed like a 14:9 and the TV does not recognize subtitles. The only possibility is to use superzoom but then the picture is not correct, the image being wider than normal. PLEASE again introduce an Original or 4:3 setting in the picture size. It is really stupid to not be able to watch a SD channel because someone shortsighted in Philips decided to throw away this option present in ALL the other TV sets.
    - by the way, the Autozoom option works badly in TV too: there was a channel broadcasting 4:3 but showing a 16:9 transmission of a football match. The TV kept the 4:3 aspect ratio despite the thick black bars surrounding the picture.
    - the TV does not recognize multi-languages mkv. So it plays only the first language. Please fix this.
    - the TV restarted itself after crashing the PVR. I tried to record that program and the recorder stopped after 13 minutes by itself. I checked the recording and it was OK. Exiting the PVR to TV posted a "Video format not supported" on a SD picture. Then shuts itself down and powers up in a loop several times. At that time I had a second HDD plugged in. The loop was broken when I removed the second HDD and pressed the off button on the remote.
    - the discovery of a new device bug. I managed to replicate it like this. If you watched BD Player - by example - and you turned off the TV while on that entry the TV is showing that the BD Player - while turned off - is a new device and prompts you to rename it.
    - another bug concerning the TV Guide. This is related to the above bug. If you turned off the TV while watching HDMI turning it on and changing to TV will not show the current schedule by pressing info button. The clock shows 00:00 but funny enough if you press next you have the title of the current broadcast.

Comments on current FW:
    - the picture improvements made the picture by HDNM softer even with the Sharpness at 10. Please make it crisp again.
    - the HDNM is producing artifacts out of the blue. By example there was an image with a helicopter flying over the sea. Sp you had the helicopter, the sea and the sky without clouds. Then a macroblock pops out of the sea. Why? Same picture several frames later, stuttering. Why again?

Thank you for the continuous effort to improve this TV set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0847_01.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	1387  
    Last edited by majorusa; 08-29-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: another new bug, some new bugs

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi ,

i've an improvement request , could it be possible when wtaching TV or external source to display the time by pressing one touch of the remote command ?

TX

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I replicated this bug:
    - after watching several short films on USB the TV refused to change to 3D sbs and showed the picture like converted from 2D to 3D. I exited the USB to TV and when back to USB, the picture was OK.

New bug:
    - after two hours of functioning live I tried to use the timeshift function for rewinding a show. The TV showed the bar RWx2 then crashed. It restarted by itself.

Improvement request:
    - is it possible to add an additional 3D depth setting - low? I encountered some 3D movies with very high depth on normal and I wold like to reduce it.

Thank you.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi guys from Spain.

I have 42PFL6007H/12.

I get the feeling that the dimming of the backlight image obscures less than before. I have the backlight down some points from the beginning. Now I have 28/100.

Now the SD picture quality is better, and HDNM finest works.

Best regards.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NAV View Post
    Philips MyRemote not working correctly with model 42PFL6007. Some commands ok, but tv doesn´t react on most commands.
    Versie 2.3 van MyRemote lost (geheel of gedeeltelijk?) het hierboven vermelde probleem op. MyRemote is nu bruikbaar met de 42PFL6007H/12

Version 2.3 of MyRemote corrects (fully or partly?) above mentioned problem. MyRemote is now usable with the 42PFL6007H/12.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NAV View Post
    Versie 2.3 van MyRemote lost (geheel of gedeeltelijk?) het hierboven vermelde probleem op. MyRemote is nu bruikbaar met de 42PFL6007H/12

Version 2.3 of MyRemote corrects (fully or partly?) above mentioned problem. MyRemote is now usable with the 42PFL6007H/12.
    Where did you get it? It is not present in Appstore.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by majorusa View Post
    Where did you get it? It is not present in Appstore.
    Offered on my Android phone as an update. Downloaded from Google Play.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    -when turning on the TV -> immediately switch to network -> dlna devices found but I cannot chose anything. The entire network menu is frozen. can switch to another input without any problem. when I go back to network, still no change. turned off the TV. turned it back on. same problem. if I turn on the tv and wait for about 1,5 mins everything seems to work fine. Otherwise I have to pull the plug to unfreeze the network menu again.

-when playing any media file and jump forward or backwards more than 3 times the sound disappears. Only reappears after closing the network dialogue and opening it all over again

-when trying to play any media file that is not accessible anymore, the TV tries to find it, can't, turns off and then restarts automatically.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    New bug:
    - I get this bug random but I was able to replicate it several times. Initially I thought is related to another bug but I am getting this every time I turn on the TV. I press info and I cannot get information about the current show but pressing next gives the right info about the current show. It solved by itself but I keep getting it. See attached pictures. The guide is set up on internet and connection was present.
    - The other picture show a message on my screen while pressing the red button on the remote to bring the Micro dimming demo. Nice coding Philips!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0852_01.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	1393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0854_01.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	1394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0857_01.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	1395  
    Last edited by majorusa; 08-31-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    L.s.
    Now on Fw 133.004
    Slow startup of tv;
    sometimes the philips logo apears then ci+ authentication, black screen etc. and then finally TV
    sometimes immediately TV

After using simplyshare the TV is instable;
    On my ipad I send pictures to the TV, the first picture always shows but when I want to play a folder of pictures it is instable as hell. Internet etc. works fine so it is not the nw connection it is simplyshare.
    Than when I put the TV in stand by after a random time the ambi light lights up for a second or two a couple fo time with random times in between.

When using a usb HDD for program recording it somethimes continuesly show a "unknown video format" message. I can only get rid of that message by switching off and on the TV.

Conclusion is that the TV with all it's options is till very unstable and shows unexpected behavior.

Please put some more efforts in improving the FW.

Thanks,

Dick
    Last edited by Dphilips; 09-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I like this TV very much, but indeed the iPad remote controle.... it does not work correct. I stop with it.
    But the going on bug is really annoying. When the TV is standing off for a night, it does not go on by pressing on remote or the on button behind the TV. It has to do with time? It does only after hours off. I hope Philips can fix this soon.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Benedickte,
    I live in Belgium and installed a 42PFL6057H/12 in my dad’s house, he is 90!
    The reason was that all his children could talk with him using Skype.
    The TV had SW. version 1EU-0.108.5.0 when we bought it on 08 Aug 12. Two weeks ago, the latest SW was updated, but I only found out last Friday during a new!! update, that the latest SW was 1EU-0.132.5.3 So I think that I have now the 1EU-0.133….?
    I think that updates in Belgium are later than other countries.
    Now we can Skype and the log-in data are not lost anymore when you switch off the TV.
    Accepting a Skype call during my dad is watching a program works fine but returning after ending that call seems a hell of job for an old person and also for me. The only easy way for my dad is to switch the TV off and on again.
    Suggestion for improvement: when an incoming Skype call was accepted (by pressing the OK-button) than to end this call… the message should be: “to end this call and return to your program press OK” whatever the program was. The reason that “returning to watch TV” is not acceptable is that in Belgium most of the smart-TV (HD) users watch their program using the HD-recorder delivered by the provider or Cable Company. Believe it or not but in Belgium, all users watch their programs via the HD recorder! And yes, they all have/need two remote controls! So older people they don’t understand it although the like Skype video conversations!
    Thanks in advance;
    Julian

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have the 42PFL6877H/12 with a HDD WD 500gb attached.
    First of all, I like it very much!

I registered, because I found some bugs and can confirm some bugs already mentioned.
    I translate the messages from the tv from dutch, so it maybe a little different in english .

1. After watching one channel for a longer time and you try to rewind....result crash and restart.
    2. Keep getting "found new device" when i start the tv (usually when i turn on the tv and not do anything for a minute or so)
    3. I connected my xtreamer with HDMI and I don't get any sound through the boxes of the television. Xtreamer is set to 2 channel audio. Tested different audio formats.
    4. If the tv and my xtreamer are both on and i turn my xtreamer off and on again, i get a video signal for a couple of seconds and then the tv goes black with the message "not supported video format" and then i get a video signal again. (just a little weird!)
    5. When in standby you can activate the loungelight! But according to the helpfile you should be able too change the colour by pressing ambilight. However pressing ambilight just turns it off again.
    6. Every time i start my Xtreamer i get a message that my HDMI cable is not working properly and that i should try a cable smaller then 5 meters. (It's a new cable 1,5 meters and it works fine) Can't test another cable, because i haven't one .
    7. In smart tv I can't find SBS6, NET5, Veronica gemist (Dutch channels). Are they not available for the 2012 models yet?

Hope this helps. If you need more information, just let me know!!
    Keep up the good work by improving the firmware.

Thanks,

Bas

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast