46PFL7605H/12 - maybe another problem with Q5551-0.140.11.0 firmware
Hello, I'm a new user froma Rome, Italy.
First of all, I apologize for my English...
So, after the above mentioned update, adding to the out-of-sync reported problems, I report something else on my 46PFL7605H as I try to set from Home Menu: SETUP -> TV Settings -> Picture -> Tint
If I try to set the colour balance between the three reference levels ("Normale", "Caldo", "Freddo" in the Italian menu), the TV store the setting, but doesn't set the different type of tint. I try to explain as best as I can... The tint remains always the same, even if I set one of the three different type of tint. But I'm sure before the update these tints were different.
Otherwise, if I set it for Custom Tint, I easily can set and store the details of my personal regulation between Red, Green and Blue levels (I set them on 127, 110 and 105), but cannot have, in any case, the three different reference/default levels ("Normale", "Caldo" and "Freddo", in Italian).
Is it possible It's a firmware problem?
Did you note this during some testing?
Do you think to solve it out from next updates?
Important: I note this after the TV returned back from assistance (SSB unit replaced), where had also the firmware update. But the assistance service can't actually say if it's a software's bug.
Thank you in advance.
just install version 140.23 and try again... maybe your problem is already solved yet.
Sounds to me that the new SSB has not been aligned correctly. The workshop should have entered the correct white point alignment data per color temperature. So, my advice is to go back to the workshop that has installed the new SSB.
BTW Toengel, software version 140.23 is not available yet on the web. I could not find it. It still mentions 140.11.
New software finally available: version 140.23 !
Version 140.23 has just been released, you can start here: http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...g_selector.jsp
I hope this will solve all the earlier mentioned issues!
Here are the release notes:
Q5521_0.140.23.0 (Date published: 2010-10-28)
• Unable to view Teletext and/or subtitles are missing on certain channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)
• TV goes into standby by itself after 2 to 3 hours of operation.
• TV does not display the video in its native format through USB.
• Picture judders while watching digital channels.
• Picture judders during playback via USB.
Q5521_0.140.11.0 (Date published: 2010-10-14)
• Blur picture with vertical lines observed.
• Improve picture performance on analog channels.
• The channel display sequence in the EPG does not match with the preset list in the channel grid. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
• Picture flickers after TV starts up.
• TV has no sound while watching digital (DVB-T) channels. (Only applicable to country, Spain)
Last edited by JuAn; 10-29-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Not when you have Ziggo en CI+:
In various Dutcsh forum I see that everyone installing the Q5521_188.8.131.52 version for the 7000-series are having the same problems as i mentioned above with the software for the 8000-series:
- Black screens when zapping verry often! (suddenly you zap an a black screen appears instead of a channel
- Zapping from channel A to B, but the picture that appears is from channel A, occurs very often
- No telext page101 found
- Messages as "gecodeerd programma" and no picture is shown from the channel.
This all appears with a CI+Cam and the provider Ziggo. Philips i think your latest software is missing the certification of the CI+cam from Ziggo that was there in the .60-version of your software, or maybe something else is not right in this software-version that makes these problems. Please solve this fast! Zapping is nog fun at the moment.
it's just to inform that the tint problem was solved this morning.
The assistance point here in Rome conducted some researches about this problem and recognized that the SSB replacement need to set again the white point settings (or maybe this setting was forgotten).
In any case, they informed me, took a date and came directly at home to set the correct paramaters (through a service remote control/service menu) and only in 5 minutes the TV had again the correct regulations of the tint.
I'm glad to say I really apprecitated the accuracy, the professionality and how this assistance center (Enea Elettronica - Rome - Italy) took care of customers needs.