02-11-2013, 01:30 PM #30
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
Much work need to be done since, all other bugs/annoyances still exist:
* Many buttons on the remote carry quite useless functions (like the red or green buttons), while functions that would be used quit often are still buried deep into the system menu:
- headphone level
* DVB-T signal strength meter still annoyingly disappears completely after a few seconds if you try to install the TV in a new place.
no way to adjust the video settings (no access to the video or audio profiles)
* DLNA / USB playback:
- active video profile settings are messed up (contrast way to high) after selecting more than one video-file from USB or DLNA
- the correct (pixel) aspect-ratio flag in video files is still ignored; 21:9 or 4:3 video is still stretched to the full extend, which means that the picture is always distorted. The size-button on the remote is totally useless here.
- still no options to jump in time with USB or DLNA video playback
- for some strange reason in DLNA mode, at the end of a video file, the TV sometimes jumps back to about 1 or 2 minutes into the beginning of the same file instead of starting at the beginning of the next file. Unclear if this is a bug of Twonky or the TV firmware.
- although Twonky works fine (btw... the version on the Philips support site is outdated), Plex Media server support would be much better. Especially since Twonky does not support live transcoding (which is necessary since DTS sound needs to be transcoded into plain Dolby surround stereo for this TV).
Last edited by PBE; 02-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 40Last Post: 09-26-2012, 06:33 AM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 85Last Post: 09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
By Philips - Thomas in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 12Last Post: 08-24-2012, 02:04 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 33Last Post: 08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
By Philips in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-04-2012, 10:56 AM