10-16-2013, 02:43 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
- Rep Power
Experience thread - FW 0.100.0.0 (v0.100) - for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series - 2012
The new FW is live. For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post here:
This thread is more for details and discussions.
This FW is applicable to EU models only.
1. After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.
2. If your TV menu language is selected as Portuguese, follow the instructions below:
- After you have inserted the USB flash drive to the TV, please wait for 30 seconds. The software upgrade starts automatically.
- If the software upgrade does not start automatically, disconnect the power cable from the power outlet. Do not remove your USB flash drive. Wait for one minute then reconnect the power cable, the software upgrade starts automatically.
3. You are highly recommended to update your TV with the Standby software version 126.96.36.199. You may download the Standby software from the FAQ “What should I do when my TV turns on and off by itself and/or does not respond to the remote control?” (go to support page http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...g_selector.jsp, select country/language, search for your model number, go to FAQ's and search for this FAQ).
Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version. The latest software solves the issues below:
Q554E_0.100.0.0 (Date published: 2013-09-09)
Q554M_0.100.0.0 (Date published: 2013-09-09)
- Solution for clock extraction problems.
- Solution for playing HTTP Live Streaming (also known as HLS) from Eredivisie and DVDPost.
- Solution for stability issues during zapping.
- Solution for HbbTv option setting.
Q554E_0.99.0.0 (Date published: 2013-06-28)
- Improvement on Ukrainian string in Smart TV
- Changed symbol in the Home screen for SimplyShare
- Improved behaviour for Videoluc in Spain
- Improved behaviour during preset change (unwanted change to smart TV)
- Improved behaviour for Microsoft HLS playlist
- Future improvement ECD sign on
Q554E_0.97.0.0 (Date published: 2013-04-08)
- Updated predefined channel list of Sky in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Black screen when switching from analogue channel to SCART.
- Intermittently losing picture and sound.
- Audio, picture and/or signal dropouts when watching TV via a Freebox set-top box connected via HDMI.
- Video and audio loss via HDMI connection with UPC Horizon set-top box.
- TV turns off and on by itself.
- TV does not response to remote control.
Q554E_0.96.0.0 (Date published: 2012-12-18)
- TV tunes to the wrong channel when you select the channel in EPG.
- TV keeps turn off and on by itself after you perform the first time installation.
- TV hangs after wake up from standby.
- Unable to play video using BBC iPlayer.
- Unable to play MP4 files.
- TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled.
- Clock displays the wrong time. (Only applicable to country, Slovakia)
- Channel Ned1 is not stored during analogue channel installation. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
Complete changelog can be found on the support website.
Last edited by Philips - Ina; 10-18-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Adding link to Technical Feedback Thread
12-06-2013, 11:59 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
Philips when it plans to release the new firmware update whereas the current is full of bugs?
By Philips - Ina in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 12Last Post: 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM
By mistrzb in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 35Last Post: 07-04-2013, 01:19 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 48Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 40Last Post: 09-26-2012, 07:33 AM
By Philips in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM