• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Question supporting external subtitles for our net tv's

i own 42pfl7655h/12 and i think it is a great tv.i don't have any kind of problems are mentioned (if there was, got solved)but i have to make a small request.can you do something about handling our net tv's external subtitles when wathing movies from the usb port ?one month ago, more or less, phillips applied to one of the members of this forum that this kind of my request and others ,would be forwarded to the wish list.what happened since then?everybody would like this upgrade.can we at least have an answer from the phillips moderator?thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    ...but i have to make a small request.can you do something about handling our net tv's external subtitles when wathing movies from the usb port ?one month ago, more or less, phillips applied to one of the members of this forum that this kind of my request and others ,would be forwarded to the wish list.what happened since then?everybody would like this upgrade.can we at least have an answer from the phillips moderator?thanks in advance.
    Hey George, don't take "Design your own TV" too literally
    I guess that this wish list is nice info for Philips, but sure they cannot fulfil every wish of the public.
    They are, like every big company, bound to technology platforms, budgets, time, etc.
    It is clear to me: their current platform does not support external subtitles via DLNA/USB so we/you must wait 'till next year

But at least you are happy with yourTV (like I am). Tip: I use an external media player (Popcorn Hour) via HDMI for watching movies without ANY problems and with ALL subtitles.