• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Smart TV ans Skype

TV: 42PFL6057H/12 using HD-recorder as tuner. Latest software: 133

This nice TV is installed in my dad’s home. He, as a person of 90 years, he just want to watch TV and switching channels and switch it on and off.
    I have now installed Skype, login name and password and activated “automatic log in at start up”
    To test all this I made a video call and worked. If he gets an incoming call, he can press OK to accept the call, and make a conversation.
    But now my question: how can he terminate the call by pressing one button and come back into the program what he was watching?
    I could not terminate the call (on his TV while a friend was making a Skype conversation) like it should be. Just by switching the TV off, and on again could bring a “not acceptable solution” But I discovered that the login-data off Skype were gone, no name and password, and the “automatic log in at start up” was activated!
    I have tried different times to log in, and in some cases I had strange effects: sometimes the TV started up with sound and no image (I mean television, no Skype). The only way out was a total reset: unplug the power for 30 sec. and restart.
    Is there anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    Julien

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    TV: 42PFL6057H/12 using HD-recorder as tuner. Latest software: 133

This nice TV is installed in my dad’s home. He, as a person of 90 years, he just want to watch TV and switching channels and switch it on and off.
    I have now installed Skype, login name and password and activated “automatic log in at start up”
    To test all this I made a video call and worked. If he gets an incoming call, he can press OK to accept the call, and make a conversation.
    But now my question: how can he terminate the call by pressing one button and come back into the program what he was watching?
    I could not terminate the call (on his TV while a friend was making a Skype conversation) like it should be. Just by switching the TV off, and on again could bring a “not acceptable solution” But I discovered that the login-data off Skype were gone, no name and password, and the “automatic log in at start up” was activated!
    I have tried different times to log in, and in some cases I had strange effects: sometimes the TV started up with sound and no image (I mean television, no Skype). The only way out was a total reset: unplug the power for 30 sec. and restart.
    Is there anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    Julien
    Sorry, last friday I got a message on the tv screen: new software is now available for this tv. During the download I could see the old SW: 1EU-0.132.5.3, so it was not the 133. Seems that new SW is in Belgium later available. Now Skype is working and keeping the login data. But ending a Skype conversation is still not easy for a person of 90 years old. Simply switch the tv off and on again... Doesn't seem to be a good solution but I hope this will improve in a new SW.
    Julien

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    After 8 days, I lost 3 times the login-data. Seems that we are back at the point where we started. The TV looses its Skype login-data. And “automatic log in at start up” is activated when I re-install the Skype name and login pass word. The contact persons stay in the memory.
    Does anyone have the same problem?