Results 1 to 8 of 8
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Points: 703, Level: 6
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25
    Points
    703
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    32pfl3517h_12_fus_nld 32PFL3517H

    I had my hopes up today, when I saw there was a FW update for my TV (32PFL3517H).
    I did the update, but disappointed, none of my issues are solved.

    Issues being: stretched picture when playing files with aspect ratio 4:3.
    I can't choose any correct setting with format button on the remote.
    It toggles between small (with correct aspect ratio) and large, but then the picture becomes stretched.
    This is annoying!

    When receiving from hdmi receiver there is no auto setting, but at least there I can choose 4:3 manually...

    I am attaching 2 txt files with info about the examples of 4:3 video files where full screen mode becomes distorted.

    MV.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCM View Post
    I had my hopes up today, when I saw there was a FW update for my TV (32PFL3517H).
    I did the update, but disappointed, none of my issues are solved.

    Issues being: stretched picture when playing files with aspect ratio 4:3.
    I can't choose any correct setting with format button on the remote.
    It toggles between small (with correct aspect ratio) and large, but then the picture becomes stretched.
    This is annoying!

    When receiving from hdmi receiver there is no auto setting, but at least there I can choose 4:3 manually...

    I am attaching 2 txt files with info about the examples of 4:3 video files where full screen mode becomes distorted.

    MV.
    Hi.

    Could you please confirm what sources you are experiencing this on?

    Thank you.

    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Points: 703, Level: 6
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25
    Points
    703
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    You're right, I forgot to mention:

    The sources I was playing the video files from are
    A. USB stick and
    B. when streaming through wlan from PC

    Both the same aspect ratio issue.

    regards,
    Mark Vos

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 9,766, Level: 29
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Philips - Benedickte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Points
    9,766
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCM View Post
    You're right, I forgot to mention:

    The sources I was playing the video files from are
    A. USB stick and
    B. when streaming through wlan from PC

    Both the same aspect ratio issue.

    regards,
    Mark Vos
    Hi Mark Vos.

    I can inform you that this is normal behaviour.

    Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Points: 703, Level: 6
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25
    Points
    703
    Level
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    dear Benedickte,

    I was shocked to read your reply.
    If your reply represents the official Philips point of view, I have to conclude that it is shamefully incompetent.
    And again I want to point out that my other TV (inexpensive Salora) is able to play the files perfectly full screen and with right aspect ratio from the USB-stick! (I'm still referring to the two avi file examples of which I attached media info above in this thread).

    Very disapponted that Philips apparently doesn't have the required technical know how at their disposal...
    I always assumed the slogan "let's make things better" wasn't meant as a joke?



    many regards,
    Mark Vos

  6. #6
    New Member
    Points: 971, Level: 8
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9
    Points
    971
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCM View Post
    dear Benedickte,
    Very disapponted that Philips apparently doesn't have the required technical know how at their disposal...
    I always assumed the slogan "let's make things better" wasn't meant as a joke?
    many regards,
    Mark Vos
    Hy MCCM,
    I've post the same question here:
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...o-aspect-ratio
    another mod (Thomas) replyed the same thing, "this is normal behavior"...
    This is unbelievable

    I won't buy no more Philips product... they are working improperly by desing!

  7. #7
    New Member
    Points: 199, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Points
    199
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    32PFL3017H/60 Aspect Ratio- same problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Mark Vos.

    I can inform you that this is normal behaviour.

    Best regards,
    Benedickte

    Very sorry to hear that Philips believes incorrect playing with an aspect ratio is normal behaviour.

    The 32PFL3017H/60 model clearly has the same poor firmware.

    I just bought this model, and chose Philips over significantly cheaper lesser known makes (i.e. chinese) because I beleived it would be better - and have better support.

    Clearly I was wrong, and now have deep reservations about buying further Philips products. In future I might as well take a cheaper product, because Phillips higher prices don't equate to better quality or support.

    I would recommend any potential purchasers of Philips to be very cautious when buying. You clearly can't rely on any problem to be fixed - only a simple explanation that they are 'Normal'.

    Obviously from reading previous posts I don't expect any response or action from Philips, but I do hope search engines pick up on the comments here so that other are forewarned.

    Ian

  8. #8
    New Member
    Points: 218, Level: 2
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kfar Saba / ISRAEL
    Posts
    8
    Points
    218
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unhappy-customer View Post
    Very sorry to hear that Philips believes incorrect playing with an aspect ratio is normal behaviour.

    The 32PFL3017H/60 model clearly has the same poor firmware.

    I just bought this model, and chose Philips over significantly cheaper lesser known makes (i.e. chinese) because I beleived it would be better - and have better support.

    Clearly I was wrong, and now have deep reservations about buying further Philips products. In future I might as well take a cheaper product, because Phillips higher prices don't equate to better quality or support.

    I would recommend any potential purchasers of Philips to be very cautious when buying. You clearly can't rely on any problem to be fixed - only a simple explanation that they are 'Normal'.

    Obviously from reading previous posts I don't expect any response or action from Philips, but I do hope search engines pick up on the comments here so that other are forewarned.

    Ian
    If Philips TV does not lift its game regarding Customer Relations and support for users, especially on technical matters of concern (bugs, missing operational features etc) their reputation as a quality company that is technically advanced is going to drop like a stone. In this day and age of instant reputations being made and lost, large internationals must be more considerate to customer feedback. IMHO, Philips are on the way out (shame, 'cos I just bought a nice looking 46PFL5007 with crappy firmware).

Similar Topics

  1. PhilipsMyRemote not working as 'Remote Control' for 32PFL3517H
    By HenriM in forum Apps: MyRemote App (for iOS)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM
  2. PHILIPS 32PFL3517H/12 mkv formatted files coesnt run
    By seppuku in forum Smart TV: Software
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 10:16 AM
  3. 32PFL3517H/12 video aspect ratio
    By stardust74 in forum TV: User Interface
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •