Experiences with new Net TV User Interface (portal 2.5).
As already announced here, the new Net TV portal will go live soon.
Please share your experiences with the new design here in this topic.
Channelling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.
Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new portal (what you like, or what you don't like, etc.).
Thank you for your cooperation....
Last edited by Philips; 11-26-2010 at 01:35 PM.
From what I can see on the quick guide, it looks very nice. Bring it on!
I hope it is fullscreen on my 21:9 58PFL9955... and not only 16:9...
The portal is not in 21:9 format, 16:9 only, but with your TV you have the split screen option, half Net TV and half broadcast channel. (Wow!) Of cause movies from the video-stores are fully scalable. For video content in app’s it depends on how they programmed it, some will go full-screen, some won’t.
December 1: The new NET TV portal is live! Post your remarks here!
Congratulations! I really like the new interface. My tests haven't completed yet, but it looks like we can make a fully personalised menu. No superfluous app icons anymore. Easy drag & drop. TV PIP. It also seems to load faster (not really tested yet). Is there nothing to improve anymore?
Yes, service can always improve! My top 3:
1. support for external subtitles (sorry, has nothing to do with NetTV)
2. (again) support for external subtitles
3. (firmware) support for an external keyboard OR (nettv portal) an on-display keyboard as on many devices (mobile, remote, PSP etc.). One music app has got this display built in as well.
Keep up the good work!
Slow or not
I like the new interface, but............
Originally Posted by Philips
It shows ssometimes the tv PIP and the add, but not the menu.
It is very slow and I can't see if it is loading or just doing nothing.
I like the choices and the way they are presented.
The new portal's GUI is looking great. Thanks.
Atm I cannot use it because it doesn't load anything.
Are the servers having difficulties or what is wrong?
Edit: Ok, I see... *screen capture below*
Last edited by Xtreme; 12-01-2010 at 11:37 PM.
is the new videostore for Germany also now available?
I like the new interface, and especially the PIP of the tv inside. Is there a way to not stop the PIP while changing from the main page to applications?
Also, the white highlight box should be another colour.
- language translations: Germany-Settings - right bottom: "Nutzungs bedingungen" is one word in German, so please change to "Nutzungsbedingungen"
- where in the "internet"-app is the on-screen keyboard?
- on my 58PFL9955 the "Quick Guide"-App and the "France 24" has a cross in the upper right corner and I cannot start the apps. I got an error message "App not accessible. The App you are trying to access uses newer features not available on this product". This problem does not occur on my BDP9600
- in the PIP-windows 4:3 broadcasts are stretched to 16:9
IT IS EXTREMLY SLOW!
Last edited by Toengel; 12-01-2010 at 06:35 PM.
I agree that it's now (20:00 GMT+1) extremely slow. This morning around 9:00 it was much faster. So it probably has more to do with the hosting servers. Don't how many servers are running this portal and how load balancing etc. is configured.
The keyboard should be displayed when you click in a text box.
40pfl8605 owner here. Indeed, portal in extremely slow compared to old portal. Time between pressing the button on remote and switching to the app is > 10 secs !!!! Not useable at all.
Originally Posted by daL
one need to press the OK-Button in the text box (e.g. in the free internet APP)...
Great job, Philips!
I like the new GUI and above all I like very much that now radiotime and similar apps are available on 2010 TV sets too! Thank you!
Neverthless I agree with daL that there are many things to improve:
1) external subtitles support
2) improving of multimedia player ("jump to" functionality, more robustness in fast forward and fast rewind, ...)
3) again, external subtitles support and improving of multimedia player!