The speed issue (extreme slow, in the evening of December 1) was recognized and repaired.
Great job, Philips!
I like the new GUI and above all I like very much that now radiotime and similar apps are available on 2010 TV sets too! Thank you!
Neverthless I agree with daL that there are many things to improve:
1) external subtitles support
2) improving of multimedia player ("jump to" functionality, more robustness in fast forward and fast rewind, ...)
3) again, external subtitles support and improving of multimedia player!
* Why is there a differenve in the shown program info?? On some tv';s of Philips there are logo;s of the channels and PIP from te channel which is on. I donot have this on 37PFL8605/H12
* When is RTLXL going live ??
I think not all the services are migrated. It look like there are fewer ??
* When is thera a now or next EPG-functions coming??? Is must be on an expensive tv!!!!!
I have a 37PFL8605H/12 when i'm going to nettv (it's look great now!!!)but in the right upper corner there is no picture
when i look to satelite dish.(is connect to hdmi 2)
When i look to tv his own tuner there is a picture.
Is this good or bad?(Sorry for my bad englisch)
Keep a history of the last 10 searches
This is useful when i have searched something and turned the tv off and want to show it to someone else without typing the search words again.
So, now that the new NetTV has arrived, it looks nice and simple...
But what I absolutely HATE: You now first have to add Apps as Favourites to your start screen, before you can even test if you like them? That was much, much easier before! Please add a "Start App"-function to the App gallery!!!
it is not possible to test the APPs which are NOT in my favorites (one the main page)... Please add a button in the APP list not only to add to the main page but also to test the app...
At the moment, I need to add an APP to the main page, before I can test it...
The new lay out looks very good. No complaints about the speed BUT
What a shame we still can't connect an external keyboard to the tv. This functionality would make it so much easier. Really another missed chance.
Originally Posted by Dequiero
u can use your iphone/ipod with the remote application in the apple app store.
there is a little screen with a keyboard function. works fine but u have to set your language on the screen to english.
Which app do you use? The apple remote app asks for an itunes library.
Originally Posted by el911wood
edit: found it, thanks!
I like the new design very well too. And now it's also fast enough.
To add and application to favourites to test it is no so much problem for me.
But it would be nice, if I can use the p+/p- Key to scroll one page in favourites and apps gallery like the browser navigation inside apps does. With the little buttons on the left it's difficult to jump to the next page.
do you read this feedback or is this just for fun? For example, the German spelling error isn't fixed yet. And I think this can be handled very fast - even by your company
@el911wood: I'm one of those people who don't have an ipod/ iphone
The PiP is cool but it's annoying that the sound is interruped while NetTV is loaded or when I switch from the main page to the App-Gallery or the internet browser. There is no interruption in sound when I switch from TV to IP-EPG where also PiP is integrated, so it should be possible on NetTV too. (TV 7605, SW 000.140.025)
What I think needs to be improved/changed:
- the white highlight in the main NetTV page needs to be another color
- too bad that the PIP window only shows TV (signal from my mediaplayer, HD DVD recorder and STB are not picked up/shown)
- you cannot check/see anywhere as far as I know, if new apps are added.