• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

WAC700/05 C/W Remote connection problems

Hello

My Wife and I have a wac700/05, we've had it now for about 5 maybe 6 years. We have never really used it correctly. We are not tech minded but we did manage how to burn the cd's to the hard drive. Anyhow, at one time the remote set did work but we haven't used it in ages, so when i switched it on unsurprisingly i get the message " connecting to centre" I've had that message for 3 solid days now, so i guess by now it isn't picking it up. The remote on the main station doesn't work either and all the buttons on both machines are unresponsive.ie menu etc etc, they don't seem to be working.

I guess the question i am asking is can this be fixed,? can i get a replacement remote control?better still i'd like to put it in for a service............where could I do that in Glasgow?

Any help and advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi ozzy,
    have you tried to reboot your units and even your remote?
    To reboot your remote get off one battery. Maybe you have to change them and use a set of new batteries.
    Hope this helps.
    Bernd

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BerndZ View Post
    Hi ozzy,
    have you tried to reboot your units and even your remote?
    To reboot your remote get off one battery. Maybe you have to change them and use a set of new batteries.
    Hope this helps.
    Bernd

Hi Berndz

Thanks for your help and response. I did change the batteries, twice in fact, and still the remote control is as dead as Julius Caesar.

What do you mean by reboot the system? I don't have the instruction manual anymore so any advice you could give would be helpful and appreciated. I am not tech minded, I tend to buy things switch them on and hope that they work, everything else is a mystery to me.

I have two sets here, The main CD unit, which still works, it plays and stores CD's, and the remote unit, which when switched on keeps saying " connecting to system" but it never does.

I can control the cd playing and recording by using the appropriate buttons on the unit itself ...ie record, source, mute etc etc but other than that nothing else works.......ie same genre, same artist, menu etc etc.

On other thing, when the main unit is sitting idle the message " no station registered" appears on the vdu.

Like i say any help or advice you can give me would be great.

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Ozzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Thanks for your help and response. I did change the batteries, twice in fact, and still the remote control is as dead as Julius Caesar.
    What do you mean when you talk about "remote control"? Is it the small, flat thing used to control your station, not the center?
    What do you mean by reboot the system? I don't have the instruction manual anymore so any advice you could give would be helpful and appreciated.
    A manual you can find here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&scy=gb&slg=en
    Reboot means get the system into eco standby pressing the left switch on the top of the center unit. When the display shows "switching to eco standby" (or something like this) wait until the display is blank. Then pull the power cable for one minute and reconnect. Then the main unit boots up again.
    I have two sets here, The main CD unit, which still works, it plays and stores CD's, and the remote unit, which when switched on keeps saying " connecting to system" but it never does.
    The station has lost the connection to the main unit. In the manual is described how to connect a second station. Follow these instructions. Maybe you have to set the station back to factory settings by pressing the menu button on the station, select Settings,Restore settings.
    I can control the cd playing and recording by using the appropriate buttons on the unit itself ...ie record, source, mute etc etc but other than that nothing else works.......ie same genre, same artist, menu etc etc.
    Is it possible to use the remote control to control your waC700?

You can write an email to wac700@freenet.de to contact me when you have more questions.

Regards.
    Bernd

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Talking

[QUOTE=BerndZ;40292]Hi Ozzy.

What do you mean when you talk about "remote control"? Is it the small, flat thing used to control your station, not the center?
    Hi BerndZ....I mean the handheld remote for the main cd unit the big one..it's totally dead. The small flat one for the remote unit works, well it's switches on the small remote unit but there it stops, it doesn't do anything else.

A manual you can find here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&scy=gb&slg=en
    Reboot means get the system into eco standby pressing the left switch on the top of the center unit. When the display shows "switching to eco standby" (or something like this) wait until the display is blank. Then pull the power cable for one minute and reconnect. Then the main unit boots up again.
    Thanks I'll give it a go

The station has lost the connection to the main unit. In the manual is described how to connect a second station. Follow these instructions. Maybe you have to set the station back to factory settings by pressing the menu button on the station, select Settings,Restore settings.
    Does that mean i will loose all the cd's i have stored on the system?

Is it possible to use the remote control to control your waC700?
    The big remote for the main unit is dead, the smaller flat one for the remote unit works but only responds to it switching on , it doesn't do anything thereafter.

You can write an email to wac700@freenet.de to contact me when you have more questions.
    Thanks I may well be in need of your services again

Regards.
    ozzy