• Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

55PFL6007T HDMI ARC against Pioneer VSX-921 BIG PROBLEMS!!!

Hi Philips

OK, so I've read a lot about this HDMI ARC on the net to try figuring it out myself before posting this. Both devices are running on newest firmware. Both are connected to the internet, so it is quite easy to verify.

NOW, I've only have one HDMI cable to my TV, and down to my amplifier.
    (Amplyfire end is in ARC-plug, and the TV end is in HDMI 1) ARC activated on both devices. Every other devices runs through my amplifier.

I've turned off Easylink Auto start, as I don't always want sound from my amplifier, but sometimes only on the TV ( a wife thing ) - so no need for the amplifier to automaticly turn on with the TV.

I coulden't get it working, then I sat down and read the manuels on both devices, and found, that I should disconnect everything form my amplifier EXCEPT the TV. Shot down mainpower. Then turn on the amplifier, wait about 10 seconds, and the the TV. AND WUALLAAA ;o) it works.

But now to the sad part. IT ONLY WORKS SOMETIMES !!!! ?????

An early morning: , my wife started watching some children TV, without the amplifier on. Then my children wanted some music, so she changed the channel to MTV, and turned on the amplifier. ------No sound out from the amplifier.

Later that same day: I come home and try myself, thinking she must have done something wrong. But sadly no. I coulden't get it working either. So I turned everything off. Turned it on again, and it worked. ?????

Day 2: Everything worked fine that day, no problems at all, made me think it was one of those one time deals!!..

Day 3: It happend again. Turned everything off, and on again. Did not work ?? - turned off the main power, and the on again. Started the amplifier, but this time with everything connected to it (remember I still only have one HDMI connected to the TV, and that is the amplifier), waited for 10 seconds and turned on the TV again. And everything was working again

Day 4: Turned on my devices, and the sound was working, but this time, the reciver didn't change HDMI as told by the TV, when chaning source on the TV, as it used to.

Day 5: Turned on my devices, my TV, says it has found a new device ??? - it's my amplifier - What the FDGDG ??? - well OK, select and done, and it works again. This has happend MANY times since then, and thats even with the newest firmware on the TV, that should fix issues like this.

Now the conclusion is, that what I have descibed these 5 days, periodically happens again and again. Sometimes the audio dosen't work, sometimes the TV finds a new device (ggrrrr), and sometimes I just explode.

What is wrong with this ARC ??? - I thougt it to be the greatest thing ever, also telling the wife we only need one cable now ;o) Am I doing something wrong ?= Is it really that hard to make this ARC work?

Please help me, as I am going out of my mind, trying to figure this one out.

is my TV broken ?

snowatom
    Last edited by snowatom; 09-12-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling error

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Snowatom.

Welcom to the forum.

Thank you for reporting this. I can inform you that ARC is suppose to be easier than this. We are looking into this issue.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    A little update to this post. Almost everything have seem to go away. If easylink autostart is disabled.

BUT, I still experience 2 things.

1. The TV still (now and then) recognize my amp "Pioneer VSX-921" as a newly attached device, and ask's me to name it. This is quite anoying. I have found no logic in when, what, and why this is caused. I can't provoke this myself, but it happens 1 or 2 times every week.

2. If I turn on the TV, and I'm being a bit snappy on the remote, and the TV starts making it's funny blue "Knight Rider" thingy, or what Philips calls loading screen maybe ? - the TV often shuts down, and has to be turned on again, system overload maybe.

I would like to see these things fixed in an upcomming firmware upgrade

Regards
    Snowatom

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    OK, Philips

Now, I'm getting pretty tired of my TV keep telling me it has found a new unit. I hapens much to often.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1404.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	1475

Please fix this in a Firmware upgrade, I have no new unit, is the same amplifier it keeps seeing as new unit, WHY ????

snowatom
    Last edited by snowatom; 10-05-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: missing comma

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm sorry to say that the issue has not magically disappeared, please provide som support, or at least som answers. When purchasing a High-end product, one expects everything is working properly.

On a different note, I also read that Philips skips the 2012 series regarding Netflix. WHAT ??? - I definitely remember buying this TV as a "SMART TV". This I read as a produkt that is not outdated the same year at is it bought.

Please comment, and prove me wrong

snowatom

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    HI,

did you already installed the latest firmware 150.48.13? Is your problem still there?

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I was unaware that there was a new Firmware, as the automatic update on the TV, said it was up to date. I have now downloaded it from philips website, and patched the TV via USB, hope that my problems will disappear now.

thanx
    snowatom

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi!

I have problem with 58PFL9956T/12. If connect BD-player straight to TV and hope that HD sounds flow from BD via TV to AV amplifier (Onkyo TX-SR578) it doesn't works. Only PCM goes via TV to the amp, but HD bitstream no. BD-players are Philips BDP-5200 and Sony BDP-S790. If connect those players directly to AV amp everything works fine. Not so bad, but still ...

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Well it has new been about one month, but sadly nothing has changed. My TV still keep finding new units.. What the F.... - there are no new units they are the same, God damit, stop finding them!!!..

Philips please fix this, or at least stop calling the TV a smart TV.

Well not being able to use Netflix kind of remove the oppertunity to call it smart TV.

HELP FIX NOW!!!!

snowatom

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AriJ View Post
    Hi!

I have problem with 58PFL9956T/12. If connect BD-player straight to TV and hope that HD sounds flow from BD via TV to AV amplifier (Onkyo TX-SR578) it doesn't works. Only PCM goes via TV to the amp, but HD bitstream no. BD-players are Philips BDP-5200 and Sony BDP-S790. If connect those players directly to AV amp everything works fine. Not so bad, but still ...
    you get connected your TV via optic fiber audio cable(toslink) or HDMI ARC protocol?

if you use Toslink cable just will get Dolby digital output or PCM audio output will not get DOLBY true HD or DTS master Audio HD over Optic audio cable or Toslink.

for get HD audio in your receiver or AV amplifier must connect your Blu ray system directly to your HDMI in for Blu ray in your receiver and the HDMI out of your AV system or receiver to your TV.

keep in mind that for watch the video of your blu ray system must turn on your AV system and listen the blu ray from your system , if that does not mind then is like a solution.
    Last edited by scandisk; 11-30-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Only HDMI with ARC

My system use only HDMI cables, TV is connected to Onkyo AV from HDMI 1 (ARC). Now my BDP's are connected to Onkyo directly. I have Philips BDP-5200 for movies and Sony BDP-S790 for CD-DA, also they have different Net capabilities too.
    AriJ

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    you get connected your TV via optic fiber audio cable(toslink) or HDMI ARC protocol?

if you use Toslink cable just will get Dolby digital output or PCM audio output will not get DOLBY true HD or DTS master Audio HD over Optic audio cable or Toslink.

for get HD audio in your receiver or AV amplifier must connect your Blu ray system directly to your HDMI in for Blu ray in your receiver and the HDMI out of your AV system or receiver to your TV.

keep in mind that for watch the video of your blu ray system must turn on your AV system and listen the blu ray from your system , if that does not mind then is like a solution.