• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second ClassOverdrive100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

TV not responding to commands from remote and back buttons

Hi, I bought 2 of the same TV's (32PFL3007H/12). One TV after a couple of months now is not responding to commands from the remote (the red light is blinking) or the back buttons. When the TV is turned on from the power cable its starts and is fully operational for 2-3 seconds, and after that just stops responding to the commands and has to be unpluged from the power source. I tried to upgrade the software via usb but the usb is not responding. The same happend to the second TV twice but after the power reset it was normal again and now i updated the software on the working TV. Is there a known factory error in this series of TV's and how can i fix the first TV? Thanks for your help

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi GoranP,

Sorry to see you're having problems with your television

What I would suggest in the first instance is ensuring that you have the most recent software on your television, which you can find here to download:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&slg=en&scy=GB

If you continue to have these problems even after updating the software, please let me know where you are in the world and I will provide details for your local support team

^Rafe

Quote Originally Posted by GoranP View Post
    Hi, I bought 2 of the same TV's (32PFL3007H/12). One TV after a couple of months now is not responding to commands from the remote (the red light is blinking) or the back buttons. When the TV is turned on from the power cable its starts and is fully operational for 2-3 seconds, and after that just stops responding to the commands and has to be unpluged from the power source. I tried to upgrade the software via usb but the usb is not responding. The same happend to the second TV twice but after the power reset it was normal again and now i updated the software on the working TV. Is there a known factory error in this series of TV's and how can i fix the first TV? Thanks for your help
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second ClassOverdrive100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    That is the problem, I can't update the TV because its not responding to anything, the usb stick with the update file is in the TV but i can't start the update process. I can't even change the channel or go to the menu, and the update is not starting by itself. Is there any shortcut on the remote to factory reset the TV?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi again

I would advise turning the television off at the power source again, removing the USB and leaving the TV unpowered for about five minutes. Let the TV start up completely before attempting the software update again

If you keep having problems, and the software update will not initiate, I would say your television needs to be inspected so we can have a look at what may be causing this.

How long have you had this television now?

^Rafe

That is the problem, I can't update the TV because its not responding to anything, the usb stick with the update file is in the TV but i can't start the update process. I can't even change the channel or go to the menu, and the update is not starting by itself. Is there any shortcut on the remote to factory reset the TV?
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi, I have tried that already, its not working. I updated the second TV which is the same model with the same USB stick so i know that is not the problem. Also the TV is working for 2-3 sec after restart and than it freezes all user input, even if i am in the menu and has to be plugged off. The TV's are bought 3-4 months ago.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Ok, just to be sure, could you reformat the USB stick, and then put the unzipped software on it again before trying?

Sorry for all the repeated actions I'm just trying to eliminate possible causes of the problem for you

^Rafe

Hi, I have tried that already, its not working. I updated the second TV which is the same model with the same USB stick so i know that is not the problem. Also the TV is working for 2-3 sec after restart and than it freezes all user input, even if i am in the menu and has to be plugged off. The TV's are bought 3-4 months ago.
    Forum Mod