• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Philips 47PFL6007T

Hi,

This is really just a quick check as I purchased a 47PFL6007 and theres a couple of things that have me worried.

Firstly, when the TV was first taken out of the box and switched on we noticed a couple of vertical white lines for about 20 secs. This vertical white lines di change position a couple of times, but then the TV proceeded to boot up as normal. Did anyone else notice this?

Secondly, we've noticed that when there are strong quite intricate shapes shown (usually clothing) the picture becomes a mass of moving black and white squares where the shapes are. I know, this one is quite hard to describe without showing it, but its very noticeable when watching tv but if you look at this page this is what we witness http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=moi...w=1600&bih=775 . Has anyone else noticed this?

Thirdly, when switching the TV on tonight, the PHILIPS logo appears, but tonight there were several vertical lines shown above and beloew the letters of the logo. We haven't observed this in the last 4 days we have had the TV.

I'm now worried we have bought a dud, but of course it could well be just things what will be fixed in due course. I had a Philips 42PFL7603 previous to this telly and I'm fully aware of the software updates as I spent nearly a year having to do updates on that one, but in the end it was a great TV.

Could someone either tell me I have a faulty TV or its something that people are aware of, even just to put my mind at rest.

Cheers

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum

Sorry to see you seem to be having problems with your television

I'd like to try and help you resolve these problems, so could you please let me know the following:

1. Do the lines appear every time you turn the television on?
    2. Have the lines ever appeared when you're watching the television?
    3. Does the strange black and white suqares effect happen on all sources?

Once I know this information, I can look into this a little further for you

Best,

^Rafe
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Rafe,

The white lines appeared when I first plugged the TV in, and after around 20 secs they dissappered. They don't appear at any other time and they have only appeared the once above and below the PHILIPS logo when switching the TV on after 4 days of use. It hasn't repeated since (not yet anyway)

I have noticed that when the PHILIPS logo appears at logon, there is a small amount of garbage shown in the top left hand corner, about 10cms long and 0.5cms in height but this goes after a few sceonds.

The strange black and white effect I would describe as being almost like moire in appearance, and this happens quite often when there is very fine detail on the screen, usually clothing of an actor or presenter but I have witnessed it on other items as well. We only watch SKY on the TV both SD & HD, and so far it seems to show on HD only, but then we haven't watched much SD TV since having the TV.

I did however use the PS3 last night for the first time, and the background being shown (moving image, up and down) did show the same sort of moire effect but it wasn't very noticeable. Of course the PS3 is also in HD.

I'm now starting to fiddle with the picture settings to see if I can eliminate this phenomenon, with some success but its still there.

On other thing I had last night, and I think this has been mentioned several times by other people, is to do with the connections. Even though, when installing the TV for the first time, I went through the setup pages and the TV searched all connected items, everything was found correctly and everything was as it should be.

The items I have connected are a Yamaha RX-V1065, which has the SKY HD and PS3 Connected, and a DVD Write connected via Scart which the TV picked up correctly. However I noticed last night that the Yamaha RX-V1065 had been renamed Other, I can't see the SKY box anymore but the PS3 is being shown correctly.

So in other words the TV doesn't recognise the Yamaha Amp anymore (it used to show RX-V1065 on the screen, but now shows other), the SKY box is no-where to be seen, but the PS3 is fine. Obviously this is a minor issue as I use the Yamaha Amp to switch between SKY and the PS3, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. One other thing, and you may need to correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure the TV only used to show the connections that were live when selecting the source, but I noticed every connection was listed last night regardless of if it had any equipment connected or not.

In every other aspect, the TV is fine and I'm happy with it. I just don't want to be purchasing a new one 13 months down the line due to issues I may have with it when first purchased.

Cheers,

Chris

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi again Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me

Could you please attach photos of the moiré effect for me? And the white lines as well, if they happen again and you manage to catch them!

Further to this, could you please just confirm the full model number of your TV, its serial number, and the software version you have. You can get all this information by pressing 123654 in quick succession when the television is in normal viewing mode.

As soon as I have all of that, I'll be able to take a bit of a better look into this case for you

I look forward to hearing from you!

^Rafe
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Rafe,

Here are the details you have requested:

TV Model: 47PFL6007T/12

Serial Number: ZH1M1236004341 (I think this is the correct one, it doesn't mention serial number on the screen)

Software Version: QF1EU-0.133.4.0_bld8a

Chris

Silver Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Rafe and Chris,

This effect exists on all Philips 6007. I have it on my TV too and I documented it as a bug since 132 fw. It is visible also on the Philips 6007 in the stores. It is more visible in 3D where on all the fine texture you have a flicker of the picture.

All the info is in the FW thread in TV software section.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by majorusa View Post
    Rafe and Chris,

This effect exists on all Philips 6007. I have it on my TV too and I documented it as a bug since 132 fw. It is visible also on the Philips 6007 in the stores. It is more visible in 3D where on all the fine texture you have a flicker of the picture.

All the info is in the FW thread in TV software section.
    Hi Majorusa,

Which bug are you talking about? The moire that exists on patterned clothing? I've actually sat down for a week and fiddled with every picture setting I could get my hand on and have managed to eradicate the moire effect finally. Still not sure which setting causes it, but its nice to have finally beaten it, lol!

Just need to sort out the issue with the connections now, where the TV thinks something new has been plugged in, which it hasn't. Also keep an eye out for the mysterous white lines that appear (but haven't appeared for the last week or so)

Actually one other thing we have noticed, and I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere yet, is when using the 2D to 3D conversion, the top 1" of the screen appears to be out of sync with the rest of the screen. It almost appears that everything is shifted a few pixels, but its very hard to tell.

Still, as mentioned, we are happy with the TV and I'm sure in time these bugs will be ironed out. I had the Philips 42PFL7603 previously and this took a year before all the bugs were sorted on that.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thank you for your message. The moire effect - a flicker on fine textures - is present with HDNM on an very low to not present with HDNM off. Can you post your flicker free settings please? Thank you.