Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

regarding 2xUSB-Startup-Problem - I asked in the german forum, if someone can confirm...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    I have the same behavior each and every time when two HDDs are connected and you turn on the TV set.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    OverdriveNew Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by majorusa View Post
    23. After upgrade to FW 150.48.9 and later when using dynamic back-light horizontal flicker is introduced in the middle of the picture.
    Tried to reinstall (47PFL6907T + FW:150.82) a couple of times but it did not solve the problem.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I found some issues on a 42pfl6007h, software version QF1EU-0.150.48.13 (latest available on 25-12-2012):

1. When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device.

2. Much apps don't exit by using the back button, they stay running for example, uitzending gemist (by pressing red button) and videoland apps do this.

3. Ambilight is not working in 3D mode (dual player side by side mode, I use this for some video's in 3d)

4. User interface is a little slow in my opinion, it's not responding very fast and doesn't smoothly scroll

5. The blue bar which is shown then waiting and going from left to right and back for a while has a blue glow, but this blue glow is cut off by the box (it's not nicely fading out, but cut off at 25% density or somewhat)

6. Ambilight can't stay on in stand-by mode (or am I wrong?)

7. When playing from a DLNA source audio is sometimes not supported

8. When playing from a DLNA source audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues

9. When switching from HDMI (1) to Scart a very high short beep is noticeable.

A non software issue: Ambilight is faced to much to the wall, so when hanging the TV to close to the wall (2,5 cm) it's not spreading against the wall nicely in my opinion the leds should shine more to the side instead to the back.

Beside above a great TV!
    Last edited by JeroenSt; 12-25-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenSt View Post
    I found some issues on a 42pfl6007h, software version QF1EU-0.150.48.13 (latest available on 25-12-2012
    Hi,

latest firmware is 150.82... download again (even if webpage indicates another version) and install the latest firmware. Then please test again.

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi JeroenSt.

Could you please confirm to me that the installed version on your TV is 150.82?
    And what is the result on these points you reported:

1. When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device.

9. When switching from HDMI (1) to Scart a very high short beep is noticeable.

Have you tried another HDMI or Scart cable? If not, please do this and then report back the result.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Benedickte,

I can confirm that only point 9 is solved in 150.82.0.

Point 1 is is not solved in 150.82.0

See also my report below that I made today.

Kind regards,

Jeroen
    Last edited by JeroenSt; 01-12-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Point 9 was not solved while I thought it was for a moment (the dvd player just turned off in my first test).

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenSt View Post
    I found some issues on a 42pfl6007h, software version QF1EU-0.150.48.13 (latest available on 25-12-2012):

1. When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device. (Not solved on 150.82.0)

2. Much apps don't exit by using the back button, they stay running for example, uitzending gemist (by pressing red button) and videoland apps do this. (Not solved on 150.82.0)

3. Ambilight is not working in 3D mode (dual player side by side mode, I use this for some video's in 3d) (Solved on 150.82.0)

4. User interface is a little slow in my opinion, it's not responding very fast and doesn't smoothly scroll (Some improvement in 150.82.0)

5. The blue bar which is shown then waiting and going from left to right and back for a while has a blue glow, but this blue glow is cut off by the box (it's not nicely fading out, but cut off at 25% density or somewhat) (Not solved on 150.82.0)

6. Ambilight can't stay on in stand-by mode (Not solved on 150.82.0, when pressing the ambilight button the ambilight setting is changed (of, dynamic, static) while screen is off)

8. When playing from a DLNA source audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif (Not solved on 150.82.0)

9. When switching from HDMI (1) to Scart a very high short beep is noticeable. (Solved on 150.82.0)

10. When viewing an HD channel audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif (Not solved on 150.82.0)

A non software issue: Ambilight is faced to much to the wall, so when hanging the TV to close to the wall (2,5 cm) it's not spreading against the wall nicely in my opinion the leds should shine more to the side instead to the back. (Solved by hanging the television further from the wall)

Beside above a great TV!
    Additional items found in 150.82.0 (maybe also in older versions):

11. Zapping from channel to channel is slow.

12. When in a menu on the bottom pressing the down button again doesn't go to the top of the list, and when on the top of the list pressing the up button again doesn't go to the botom of the list.

13. Dynamic background lightning flickers sometimes.

Testing, upgrading and reporting cost me almost an hour, so hopefully next time more items are solved. I also played with a Samsung TV an I noticed that menu's do have more artwork and everything responses much faster)

Things I like Philips above Samsung is support and service, less agressive, ambilight, support for Uitzending Gemist and the fact that the Eindhoven region has grown by Philips a lot! Without Philips, I won't have my current job (not at Philips by the way)
    Last edited by JeroenSt; 01-12-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    My comment on 11.:

11. Zapping from channel to channel was ok with 150.82.0 (and all teh other software), but 10 days after using 150.82.0, zapping now becomes slower and slower. It takes about 3 seconds before it got to an other channel when pushing the + or - button.

Seems to me as if the processor becomes to much data or is to slow??
    Maybe temperature is the problem. The TV becomes very hot someare just beneed the left upper corner.
    The TV-signal is ok. I check it with "status".

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    15. Bug with vertical strip of 5 black pixels on the left in game and computer mode. All the picture is shift to the right, impossible to correct with the menu setting look here for more information : http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-Computer-mode

16. Still in game or computer mode, HDNM seems to be still activate causing very bad 3D and high input lag with any kind of source ( PS3, XBOX 360, PC )
    here for more info
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...es-2012/page10

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Benedickte,

I spend a lot of time in my test report, I was expecting some response!

Can you please give me information when a new release is expected with te bugfixes?

The software isn't finished yet, but I paid money for a complete product, not a broken one...

Regards,

Jeroen Steenhuis

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I also notice a little darker area in the center of the screen like a bar from top to bottom. Sometimes it's more visible than other times, could it be a broken lcd panel?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli View Post
    Hi all,
    I would like to report an anoying aspect of my 46PFL8007. I dont know if it is hardware or software related, but in dark shadows black turns to deep blue. It happens with all sources i use and in SD and HD qualty. Yesterday i watched an old movie (James Bond, Dr.No) and in all dark scenes the black suit of James turns instantly deep blue. In lighted scenes the picture is near perfect but in dark scenes everything black turns blue. I have experimented with all kind of settings and color schemes, even blue-blacklevel to -7, but nothing seems to help. Does this sound familiar to enyone? Using 000.150.048.013 firmware.
    I have same problem with my 40pfl7007. I also have green shadows, green faces or walls (not all green, just in some places). All not happens all the time, just occasionally. I tried on multiple sources of video and HDMI cables.

I noticed a problem with the transition tonal colors in darker places, especially in the green and blue. It looks like the image in 256 colors. Service in Poland don't see a problem. :-(

There is someone, who can try for me app in smart tv called screen dreams ? Run fireplace and check if the bricks are greenish or some even whole green.
    Last edited by Martin R.; 02-08-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi JeroenSt.

Please see the answers here.

1.When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device. (Not solved on 150.82.0)
    Where do you get the sound from? Internal/external speakers? Have you connected the TV to an an receiver and all the other devices too this?
    Have you tried another cable?(HDMI and Scart)

2. Much apps don't exit by using the back button, they stay running for example, uitzending gemist (by pressing red button) and videoland apps do this. (Not solved on 150.82.0)
    Some apps have an exit/back button. So in most cases this is an app limitation and not up to the TV.

6. Ambilight can't stay on in stand-by mode (Not solved on 150.82.0, when pressing the ambilight button the ambilight setting is changed (of, dynamic, static) while screen is off)
    Press menu button, then select Setup and press OK. TV settings > Ambilight > Advanced > Lounge light mood. Select the colour scheme with which Lounge light will start up.

To turn on lounge light turn TV to standby mode. Wait 20 seconds; turn on lounge light by pressing ambilight button, wait another 20 seconds before it comes on.
    To change Lounge light colour scheme, press ambilight button again.

To turn off press and hold ambilight button. For more information please check Manual page 31-32.

Make sure the media you’re playing is within the specifications stated in the manual page 53 (under multimedia).

8. When playing from a DLNA source audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif (Not solved on 150.82.0)
    Tried another audio coding than multichannel? If so, what is the result of this? If not, please try.

10. When viewing an HD channel audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif (Not solved on 150.82.0)
    Tried another audio coding than multichannel? If so, what is the result of this? If not, please try.

12. When in a menu on the bottom pressing the down button again doesn't go to the top of the list, and when on the top of the list pressing the up button again doesn't go to the botom of the list.
    This is normal behavior.

Improvements will be in an upcoming software update

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi JeroenSt.

Please see the answers here.

1.When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device. (Not solved on 150.82.0)
    Where do you get the sound from? Internal/external speakers? Have you connected the TV to an an receiver and all the other devices too this?
    Have you tried another cable?(HDMI and Scart)
    Yes, did both, actually when the HDMI source starts playing audio the audio is switched over from scart to HDMI actualy, but when the HDMI source doesn't send audio the television audio stays coming from the scart port altough the video is coming from HDMI.)

Some apps have an exit/back button. So in most cases this is an app limitation and not up to the TV.
    Yesterday I had to put the television off and on because the Youtube app doesn't have an exit button, not acceptable I think...

Press menu button, then select Setup and press OK. TV settings > Ambilight > Advanced > Lounge light mood. Select the colour scheme with which Lounge light will start up.

To turn on lounge light turn TV to standby mode. Wait 20 seconds; turn on lounge light by pressing ambilight button, wait another 20 seconds before it comes on.
    To change Lounge light colour scheme, press ambilight button again.

To turn off press and hold ambilight button. For more information please check Manual page 31-32.
    I'll try this, thanks!!

Make sure the media you’re playing is within the specifications stated in the manual page 53 (under multimedia).
    My NAS is not powerfull enough to transcode audio, so this feature is useless to me

Yes, 2 channel output works fine, but then I don't have surround..

Yes, 2 channel output works fine, but then I don't have surround..

This is normal behavior.
    Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not but going up one by one takes sometimes much time

Improvements will be in an upcoming software update
    Nice!

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Kind regards,

Jeroen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast