Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation

Hello,

I own a 46PFL8007 TV.
    Current Software : v150.87
    TV has been reinstalled from scratch to be sure everything is set to factory presets.

I unfortunately get some troubles with my TV set.

"Physical" issues :
    a) Stand problem :After assembling the stand the TV hangs (TV is not horizontal : the left corner is lower than the right corner).
    Answer (from DadGommit) : (Dutch) Philips customer service knows this case and should be abble to provide a new stand.
    b) Mura effect/Clouding : by watching dark or black images and depending on image profile used (preset profiles or personal profile), or during zapping beetwen 2 channels (short black image), i can see several white spots on the screen. It's worse during 3D (because backscreen led light is increased) and white clouds are more visible. Very very annoying.

"Software" issues :
    c) Smart TV : impossible to register online on the TV itself. The process ask to follow the instructions in the email received and to finish the registration online on the TV itself but it does not work : SmartTV systematicaly says something is missing in the process and proposes to do it later.
    d) Smart TV : Internet browsing and navigation inside a web page is horribly low. Very often, i lose the pointer during 1 minute as if the CPU was totally overcrowded.
    e) Source choice : when i change the type of device associated with a HDMI port (let say BluRayPlayer type associated to HDMI1 for example), my choice is systematicaly changed by the TV to another type (changed in DVDPlayer in my example - another case : HD digital receiver changed in Digital receiver).
    f) TV button on the remote controler : does not work. I'm using a source (let say HDMI1 for example) and want to go back to TV source by using this button on the remote controler, it does not work.
    g) HBBTV : does not work with French broadcaster "ArteHD" (channel 7), but works well with "Arte" (same broadcaster but SD, channel 57).
    h) (Internet) EPG : When i choose a program in the EPG and try to use the feature "Watch now" it does not work.
    i) (New) Audio sync : i was not sure it was an isolated issue or not, but i have an audio sync problem when i watch a TV program : audio and image are not sync whatever i use internal TV speaker or external speaker (optical out to a 5.1 amp). I tried to change audio delay in the configuration sound menu but with no effect.

j) (New) Smart TV : Internet browsing on http://www.youtube.com/tv makes the TV crash !
    if somebody could try this i would be interested to know the result...
    - connect to http://www.youtube.com/tv
    - synchronise your smartphone with the TV by using the code provided on the youtube portal
    - choose a video with your smartphone (should be displayed on TV screen)
    - crash of the TV set !!!!

I hope i will have solutions quickly... it's my first time experience with a high end HD TV LCD set and i must admit i'm disapointed.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by LR92F; 07-12-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Adding a new bug j)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LR92F For This Useful Post:

DadGommit (05-29-2013)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi All.

For the ones of you running 150.85 or older software versions, please update to the lastest software version, 150.87, using a USB stick.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi LF92F.

c) Smart TV : impossible to register online on the TV itself. The process ask to follow the instructions in the email received and to finish the registration online on the TV itself but it does not work : SmartTV systematicaly says something is missing in the process and proposes to do it later.
    You can also go into www.philips.fr and register your TV there.

d) Smart TV : Internet browsing and navigation inside a web page is horribly low. Very often, i lose the pointer during 1 minute as if the CPU was totally overcrowded
    This is a feature ment for quick search while adverts etc and the architcture is made for cehtml.

e) Source choice : when i change the type of device associated with a HDMI port (let say BluRayPlayer type associated to HDMI1 for example), my choice is systematicaly changed by the TV to another type (changed in DVDPlayer in my example - another case : HD digital receiver changed in Digital receiver).
    Please try to disable/ turn of easylink/ CEC on all devices (TV and the connected ones) that you're experiencing this on.

f) TV button on the remote controler : does not work. I'm using a source (let say HDMI1 for example) and want to go back to TV source by using this button on the remote controler, it does not work.
    Try to reset your remote control by taking out the battery and press 1 button down for about 1 min and then put battery back in again. Remember to re-pair your remote with the TV.

g) HBBTV : does not work with French broadcaster "ArteHD" (channel 7), but works well with "Arte" (same broadcaster but SD, channel 57).
    Please check in ip.epg if the channel arteHD is corretly linked to arte. You can do this by pressing options button.

h) (Internet) EPG : When i choose a program in the EPG and try to use the feature "Watch now" it does not work.
    Do you get any message up on the screen when pressing "watch now"? or what exactly happens?
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Benedickte,

Thank you very much for your support.
    Here is some feedback :

• You can also go into www.philips.fr and register your TV there.
      • ok, but i'd prefer to do it as proposed on the TV as strongly suggested at www.philips.fr ;-)

d) Smart TV : Internet browsing and navigation inside a web page is horribly low. Very often, i lose the pointer during 1 minute as if the CPU was totally overcrowded
    • This is a feature ment for quick search while adverts etc and the architcture is made for cehtml.
      • well.. you mean it's not possible to browse the web within "loud" and sophisticated webpage ?

• Please try to disable/ turn of easylink/ CEC on all devices (TV and the connected ones) that you're experiencing this on.
      • When i turn off easylink/CEC on the TV the type of the source is not changed and stay as is... the problem is that i would like to use the CEC and to change the type source to a correct value...

• Try to reset your remote control by taking out the battery and press 1 button down for about 1 min and then put battery back in again. Remember to re-pair your remote with the TV.

• I tried to reset my remote control by taking out the battery and pressing 1 button for more than 1 min, put the battery back again, re-paired my remote and the problem is still there...

• Please check in ip.epg if the channel arteHD is corretly linked to arte. You can do this by pressing options button.
      • Why should i link arteHD (channel 7) to arte (channel 57)? The only consequence of this proposal is that "ArteHD" logo in the I-EPG is changed in "Arte" : I tried to change the link as proposed but the problem is still there. Note that the red button sometimes appears very shortly on arteHD channel but i never can access HbbTV webpage by pushing the red button on the remote controler...

• Do you get any message up on the screen when pressing "watch now"? or what exactly happens?
      • No, not any message nor code error; nothing happens...

At the end, none of the proposal seems to correct the software issues at this stage
    note that "hardware" issues still remain and are to be adressed also.
    Last edited by LR92F; 05-16-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    @Benedickte
    what a detailed answers!
    can you please do same favor for my last monts posts?
    started by: Choose 46pfl9707s = my most expensive mistake?!

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have a new issue with v150.87 on my 46PFL8007 :

i) (New) Audio sync : i was not sure it was an isolated issue or not, but i have encountered several time an audio sync problem when i watch a TV program : audio and image are not sync whatever i use internal TV speaker or external speaker (optical out to a 5.1 amp). I tried to change audio delay in the configuration sound menu but with no effect.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm new here. I've got 32pfl6007. I've got a problem with switch-off timer. Another user asked about it some time ago, but there was no answer. I hope someone can please me now. Thats the problem:
    "Hi,

I have Philips TV 42PFL6007K, and recently noticed that there is some strange problem with the switch off timer.
    Switch off option was turned on after 60 minutes.
    At the beginning, everything was just fine, after 60 min (when there is no signal from the remote control) the TV displayed turning off message and turned itself off automatically.
    Several days ago, the TV showed the message, turn itself off, and then suddenly turned on. the TV has worked all night for several days and does not switch itself off properly...

I have tried to disconnect the mains power, to make factory reset and also to reinstall the TV, but it remains the same, the TV just turned itself on automatically after switching off."

Recently i've also noticed that from time to time TV switches off and on automatically ( some kind of quick reset) a few second after start ( by Power button on remote control)

Sorry for my english

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi, I have Philips 42pfl6007k. In 2D mode, ambilight is white when the picture is dark or black. In 3D mode everything is okay, ambilight is extinguished when picture is dark. When Philips fix it?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi LF92F
    I have the 46pfl8007t (UK). I haven't added any hardware as yet as I'm still searching for a good blu-ray player/recorder. I hope your bugs are on the way to being resolved.
    Your thread/posts are fantasticly laid out, questions/answers etc & was easy to read & understand.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Gaaron,

Thank you for your positive feedback ;-)
    Did/do you have any of the issues i have on your 46pfl8007t (UK) ?

I personaly use a PS3 as BR player (very good price/quality considering i can use it as BR+gaming+DVD player (DVD upscaling capability is top)).
    Last edited by LR92F; 05-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    hi,
    whats new about the bug that autozoom not works in HDMI?
    if you switch hdmi and return it works.

thanks.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi LR92F,
    I have only had 2 issues the same as you. Which really are just annoying!
    1) Wrong info with regards to registering
    2) Pointer on remote when 'trying' to access internet.

Your other points appeared to be regarding connected hardware.

Yes PS3 is good, I know someone who has one - but I don't play games. I was trying to find one where I can use it as a hard drive & pause live tv. I initially thought I could pause live tv via a USB memory stick (with appropriate memory). But I fear that this cannot be done..... I certainly don't want to buy a usb stick & find out it doesn't work, as they are expensive over 32GB.

I have read with regards to the *007 that there appears to be a problem with the LED blinking red. I haven't had this.

So, as yet, I am pleased with the tv - but as you have stated, it is high end, & the issues that ensue should not be there, or at least be rectified with updated software.

I must admit, I only find out that there is a software update, if I venture on to the forums. I would have thought that Philips would have informed me/others via email etc. Especially when registered. Surely that cannot be a difficult task?

Anyhow, good luck with your tv & I hope you have many happy hours watching.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LR92F View Post
    Hello,

I own a 46PFL8007 TV.
    Current Software : v150.87
    TV has been reinstalled from scratch to be sure everything is set to factory presets....

...i) (New) Audio sync : i was not sure it was an isolated issue or not, but i have an audio sync problem when i watch a TV program : audio and image are not sync whatever i use internal TV speaker or external speaker (optical out to a 5.1 amp). I tried to change audio delay in the configuration sound menu but with no effect.

I hope i will have solutions quickly... it's my first time experience with a high end HD TV LCD set and i must admit i'm disapointed.
    Thanks for your help.
    I have the same TV and since a couple of days i'm noticing the audio delay on certain (dutch) TV channels as well. (both through TV speakers and opt. out to 5.1) Audio delay settings don't work. Quite annoying!!

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DadGommit View Post
    I have the same TV and since a couple of days i'm noticing the audio delay on certain (dutch) TV channels as well. (both through TV speakers and opt. out to 5.1) Audio delay settings don't work. Quite annoying!!
    In my case, it's an uncertain/random issue: some time i have this issue, some time not (or not visible).
    I agree with you DadGommit : Little bit strange and annoying once more (considering all other issues encountered).
    Last edited by LR92F; 05-29-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gaaron View Post
    Hi LR92F,
    I have only had 2 issues the same as you. Which really are just annoying!
    1) Wrong info with regards to registering
    2) Pointer on remote when 'trying' to access internet.

Your other points appeared to be regarding connected hardware.
    Not only : Hbbtv, I-EPG, TV button, Clouding, TV stand, ...

Yes PS3 is good, I know someone who has one - but I don't play games. I was trying to find one where I can use it as a hard drive & pause live tv. I initially thought I could pause live tv via a USB memory stick (with appropriate memory). But I fear that this cannot be done..... I certainly don't want to buy a usb stick & find out it doesn't work, as they are expensive over 32GB.
    It works fine for me but i'm using a hard drive disk, not a USB stick but il should not make any difference (what's more a hard drive disk is much less expensive for capacity > 32GB).
    I'll try with a USB and keep you informed.

I must admit, I only find out that there is a software update, if I venture on to the forums. I would have thought that Philips would have informed me/others via email etc. Especially when registered. Surely that cannot be a difficult task?

Anyhow, good luck with your tv & I hope you have many happy hours watching.
    Could be a great TV if those important issues were corrected...
    When it occured, it spoils the pleasure.
    Last edited by LR92F; 05-30-2013 at 09:04 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LR92F For This Useful Post:

gaaron (05-29-2013)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast