Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

what about a NetTV app based online video recording experience?

There is currently http://www.bong.tv, which provides an online recording functionality.
    • You don't have to care about connecting a mass storage or similar.
    • It can be accessed from mobile phones or internet connected devices. So you can start programming your favorite tv broadcasts from everywhere in the world! So it would be even better than the new recording functionality in 2011 TVs.
    • If there would just be a NetTV app to access the recordings!
    • Every connected TV could be "upgraded" with recording functionality!

If you are reading this and enjoy the idea, please also contact bing.tv to trigger them supporting NetTV!

Greets

Silver Member
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Great idea!
    I'll do that.

Thanks,
    Adamo

DerShortyy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by smart View Post
    Hello,

what about a NetTV app based online video recording experience?

There is currently http://www.bong.tv, which provides an online recording functionality.
    • You don't have to care about connecting a mass storage or similar.
    • It can be accessed from mobile phones or internet connected devices. So you can start programming your favorite tv broadcasts from everywhere in the world! So it would be even better than the new recording functionality in 2011 TVs.
    • If there would just be a NetTV app to access the recordings!
    • Every connected TV could be "upgraded" with recording functionality!

If you are reading this and enjoy the idea, please also contact bong.tv to trigger them supporting NetTV!

Greets
    Hi smart,

very good idea indeed!!
    I will send them an email too!

They already have an app for "Smart" Receiver, so it would be nice to find out the HBBTV page were it is located.
    Last edited by DerShortyy; 12-08-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: HBBTV page request added

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hey, maybe the idea is also something for Philips?

Provide a NetTV based recording experience with NetTV. Users could rent some storage to record and could pay per minute/hour recording time? Recording from everywhere in the world? And playback on every Philips TV, just with your Philips id?

The basics are there and all connected TVs are possible clients! Get ready and change the way we use TVs!

DerShortyy

Thumbs up FEEDBACK from Bong.TV

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

currently is unfortunately not yet built on a Philips native app. The reason lies in the fact, that our Samsung app was so far not been released by Samsung, Philips and this very likely would not otherwise. Broadcasters such as RTL exert constant pressure on our offer. For this reason, we are currently creating an open platform HbbTV. Since we do not have a Philips device , you may like to be the first person who makes such a test. Would it be possible to make such a test and if necessary to provide us some feedback? The URL is still freely accessible www.bong.tv/smarttv/

Look forward to your feedback and send many greetings to now.
    by Manuel
    BONG.TV Support Team
    Manuel - BONG.TV Support
    BONG.TV Support Team
    support@bong.tv, www.bong.tv

@all
    please test it and give them feedback!

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Great! I will check later...

For german users, there would be also http://www.save.tv. They provide a similar service, but seem to cut out the advertisements!

Maybe we can also contact them and maybe we have luck that some company will deliver such a service!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

applicazioni molto gradite in italia

repubblica.it
    beppegrillo.it

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    For the Netherlands/Dutch users the following new App(s) would be very welcome:
    - SBS gemist (http://www.sbs6.nl/gemist),
    - Net6 Gemist &
    - Veronica Gemist.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I miss a Sky Go App from Sky Germany. Is it possible to add this app for Philips?

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I can also watch the programme of "Das Erste" via the Net TV browser on the BDP7500B2 with updated software. The offer on the website you mentioned contains furthermore the programme of other ARD stations like MDR, NDR, RBB and SWR. But unfortunately in the opposite to the files of "Das Erste" the BDP7500B2 can not open the files of the other ARD stations. Does anyone know why?

By the way: http://www.hbbig.com is a very good link page. You can enter the address into the NetTV browser to get acces to various hbbtv-offers.
    I agree that hbbig.com is a nice platform but due to software and/ or hardware limitations by Philips most of the HBBTV sites are either not accessible or one can´t controll the viewable content!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Net TV service request:
    Which application/service would you like to see on Net TV?
    We would like to know what is popular in your country....

Please post your request or ideas in this topic.
    (don't forget to mention your country in your post)
    Internet browser with flash support.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-14-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Philips.

I would think the most important type of content for a television set is... Video. So, instead of implementing skype, twitter, facebook etc, why not concentrate on catch-up TV like SVT Play in Sweden and other similar sites in other countries. Most of those sites could be supported by implementing Flash in the web browser. Also, the fancy video-on-demand site in Sweden - film2home, could definitely benefit from having a lot more movies available. As it is now, it's worthless with around 30-40 movies compared to several thousands at the corresponding website. This does not even require coding, just tell film2home to put up more movies there (or tell the lawyers so solve whatever legal problems are stopping you from making all film2home videos available). Whenever we can watch most of the video content we otherwise would need a regular computer to access, you could start implementing services that most certainly don't belong on a television set, like social media, telephony, weather forecasts, shopping and other things most people can do on any other device (like their phone or the computer...), but I think you should concentrate on the video content first!

Oh, and my country is Sweden.

Cheers!

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bufflig View Post
    Hi Philips.

I would think the most important type of content for a television set is... Video. So, instead of implementing skype, twitter, facebook etc, why not concentrate on catch-up TV like SVT Play in Sweden and other similar sites in other countries. Most of those sites could be supported by implementing Flash in the web browser. Also, the fancy video-on-demand site in Sweden - film2home, could definitely benefit from having a lot more movies available. As it is now, it's worthless with around 30-40 movies compared to several thousands at the corresponding website. This does not even require coding, just tell film2home to put up more movies there (or tell the lawyers so solve whatever legal problems are stopping you from making all film2home videos available). Whenever we can watch most of the video content we otherwise would need a regular computer to access, you could start implementing services that most certainly don't belong on a television set, like social media, telephony, weather forecasts, shopping and other things most people can do on any other device (like their phone or the computer...), but I think you should concentrate on the video content first!

Oh, and my country is Sweden.

Cheers!
    I agree, with your general wish of more video offers for NetTV. I'm also less interested in skype or facebook or similar than into watching interesting video content on demand.

But not sure why you request flash technology. This is one technical way to achieve that. This way may not be the best...

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I agree, with your general wish of more video offers for NetTV. I'm also less interested in skype or facebook or similar than into watching interesting video content on demand.

But not sure why you request flash technology. This is one technical way to achieve that. This way may not be the best...
    Granted - flash is certainly not my preferred technology and a large enough platform can get away with not supporting it (read IPhone/iPod/iPad)! But at least in Sweden, most TV channels have working flash-based solutions and - importantly, our public service channel (SVT) has announced that they do not intend to provide "apps" and "widgets" to support their on demand service any more, but intend to develop the technology with the widest audience - i.e. flash.

My impression is that a web browser with working flash would cover a wide range of services in "one go", while developing an applet for each TV-channel in each country would require a huge effort and almost unmanageable maintenance, if at all possible.

Nothing stops Philips from developing widgets/applets/apps for the most used or the non-flash-based channels too, but it seems to me flash support would support a lot of sites with a limited (?) effort.

Just my two cents

DerShortyy
    Great! I will check later...

For german users, there would be also http://www.save.tv. They provide a similar service, but seem to cut out the advertisements!

Maybe we can also contact them and maybe we have luck that some company will deliver such a service!
    Hey smart,

did you already test the bong.tv app on your TV? I´ve seen that the app was added to hbbig.com.
    On my 2k11 TV the gets loaded but nothing more nothing less is controlable

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic