Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Your experiences with FW v0.14.101 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Hi all

14.101 is online.

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
    - Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
    - IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.
    Changelog:

• Subtitle is not synchronized with the video.
    • Subtitle is shown in strange colours

Best regards,
    Benedickte

Forum Mod

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    WOW!!!
    The best firmware "upgrade" I have ever seen!!!!
    You have a lot of problem with quality and functionality! So why do you made changes in subtitle`s showing???
    I think many peoples asked you to resolve this "problem".
    Am I right?
    LOL LOL LOL
    Dear Philips! YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK! PLEASE LISTEN TO THE USERS OF YOUR POOR PRODUCTS, OR YOU WILL LOSE EVEN THEM!!!
    Last edited by romario_ne; 10-02-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi!
    I can confirm that my issue with the distorted subtitles on National Geographic channel seems to be corrected. No distortions so far! Good work!

Thank you, hope you can fix the other issues in the future... (reboots, slow menu, TV Guide not always workning = no watching on my recordings......)

Best Regards!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Since update of HTS7201 and 47PFL7606 the HTS menu is no longer integrated in the TV menu. Regardless some cold starts of both products. Have this equipment 1 year now and there are always some issues. Very very dissappointing..

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    So again the "Random Black Screen"-Problem isn't solved yet, which is very annoying...

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Moderator,

Would there be a firmware upgrade for PFL6606H, to remove the visual artifacts around fast-moving objects (even sometimes around slow moving objects), caused after turning ON the HD Natural Motion in the Pixel Plus HD menu?

I got a 40PFL6606H because of its 400 Hz PMR/HD Natural Motion feature. But I can not use this feature because it results in a negative impact on the overall quality, leaving visual artifacts around fast-moving objects. Tried HD Natural Motion - Minimum, Medium & Maximum settings, but no luck!

I hope this issue could be resolved soon

Thanks,
    PK

Silver Member
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    New bugs:

#1 "Resume playback" causes player to hang: picture freeze, sound hangs in a loop of about 1 second.
    This bug is reproducable.
    #2 Several "channel update available" messages per day. If you run a channel update it results in no channels added or deleted.

@ Philips. please check if you can confirm bug #1

Rgds,
    Leen
    Last edited by L1Zeeman; 10-06-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Deleted initial impression on solved issues, further testing shows the statement was premature

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi all

14.101 is online.

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
    - Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
    - IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.
    Changelog:

• Subtitle is not synchronized with the video.
    • Subtitle is shown in strange colours

Best regards,
    Benedickte

Huge changelog =))) i'm impressed! and what about MKV 3D playback from built in player? is there any chance to fix the annoying ghosting on any movie, and bring back the compatibilities to play them like in 000.014.084.000?
    by the way... this bug is fully reproducible!!! Any suggestion??

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Now understand why in the mega store your TV products there aren't! Once upon a time the Philips quality producer of TV

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Not happy with the update. I was watching Champions League in HD yesterday and saw so many macroblogs, ghosting (on closes up of the running player). It was very visible when there was only player with green grass background.
    The other thing is cracking sound when playing of USB (mkv). It seems to be random though annoying.
    And the last ... HbbTV does not work/not fixed for CZ country! Cant believe that you cant make it working after 6 months. Have contacted local support and received typical blabla ... Philips is working on ..., cant say anything, cant promise anything ... gosh.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    HDMI-CEC -> PS3
    I cannot control the PS3 with the TV remote properly.
    It is a PS3 Slim with current 4.XX FW. One press on a navigation button (left,right,Up,down) on the TV-Remote results nearly all of the times in multiple button presses in the same direction.
    It was working with my PS3 with 3.XX FW and a older TV FW.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have some strange issues with HDMI and ARC with my Philips 7606k02
    I the problems below are where also there with older .99 Firmware.

I recently bought a Panasonic sc-htb20 2.1 Sound-System which is connected over HDMI ARC.
    It starts and turns-off together with the TV as expected also the volume is adjustable with the Philips Remote. The TV gives no feedback when changing the volume but thats ok. So until here everything is fine.

My TV is connected to wired network and over HDMI to sc-htb20, PS3 ,Unitimedia HD Recorder and from time to time to a PC.

DLNA -> HDMI ARC
    When I stream form a computer to the TV then i have often sound drops(means 10 seconds) no sound on My Soundsystem which is connected over HDMI ARC. If i then shutdown the Sound-System the internal TV speaker just working fine. Also only with the Internal Speaker on i dont have this problem.
    To Fix that i have to restart the soundsystem, or press frequent play and pause until sound returns, or wait 10-15 seconds.

HDMI -> HDMI ARC
    This also happens with the PS3, Unitimeda HD Reciever and the internal TV Reciever but not that frequent like on DLNA.

PC HDMI -> HDMI ARC
    Never seen that when my Acer Laptop is connected to the TV via HDMI.

MiniDisplayPort->HDMI->TV
    With my MacBook Pro from Early 2012 conneted to the TV. The TV is unusable!
    I cannot change the Volume, or the Channel, the TV reacts only to the Power On and Off buttons from the TV Remote. Also the HDMI devices are not powering on an off together with the TV, while my macbook is connected.

How is that even Possible?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

PS3 HDMI CEC to fast remote control input

PS3 & CEC multiple Inputs send Issue

I used my TV remote often to start and control the PS3 Slim. But after a FW update of the TV and the PS3 FW 4.00 (i did both at the same time) and it became unusable. One Button press results in multiple inputs for the PS3.

So i did now some research, I Unplugged all devices, did a complete new installation of the TV. plugged the PS3 in ... and its still the same...

But now i have reallised what the problem is!

When I press a button on the remote, the TV-Recieves multiple inputs (i can see it with the red led on my 7606k02 blinking really fast between 1x times). The TV it self seems to handle only one input, even if the led blinks multiple times. But if im connected to the PS3 Slim, it sends all events to the PS3 so there i get so many inputs like the led blinks.

So what happend with a fw update of the tv or ps3?
    option 1. The Older TV 14.8X FW sended also only one input command to the ps3 over CEC.
    option 2. The PS3 filtered to fast inputs from a cec device with the fw lower than 4.00 and dosent do it anymore.
    option 3. my remote is broken because it sends sometimes multiple ir codes during pushing a button. ( if i try to push the button on the remote as short as possible, i get only one input, but you cant tell that your wife....)

I hope for some feedback.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    After evaluating FW14.101 for 1 week I can report following issues, some new and some old ones (note: most issues are not reproducable but occur at random):

#1 "Resume playback" causes player to hang: picture freeze, sound hangs in a loop of about 1 second.
    This bug is reproducable.
    #2 Several "channel update available" messages per day. If you run a channel update it results in no channels added or deleted.
    #3 No sound after closing CSM
    #4 TV shutsdown and reboots after switching channels
    #5 Timeshift only starts to record after trying to acces it, so not possible to FREV to earlier parts that should be recorded.
    #6 "Authentication" message overlay on top of the EPG after stopping playback of recording.
    Current TV channel is playing normal in PIP, message goes away after pressing the red button.
    #7 "Static" Clicks in the Audio Signal while playing HDD recording. Using FREW, repeated playback gives clicks everytime, but at different times. After stop and starting playback again the clicks are gone.
    Also had these clicks in timeshift mode. (Similar clicks reported in FW14.95 till FW14.98).
    #8 Ambilight continues to work after switching to stand-by.
    #9 When watching a teletext page suddenly the message "No text available" is shown for a while.
    #10 Recording function is blocked, message "Connect storage", but storage is connected and timeshift works, so the HDD is OK. Remedy: Disconnect and reconnect the HDD.
    #11 OSD message "write error" after switching channels
    #12 TV reboots after stopping playback
    #13 EPG GUI doesn't load completely/properly
    #14 Random bursts of macroblocks (presumably due to overload of the picture processing).
    Less frequent as with FW14.99 but still not OK.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    My TV 42PFL7606H, when I see new update on Philips web, I go on TV and check online update. I won't work. It say that I have lastest software (not true). It's 19.99 now. Every update I've done over USB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast