Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanSO View Post
    There should be the special hell for all employees of technical support Philips. They will ask there about one, but there will do absolutely another to them! Again and again!!!!
    I totaly agree with you! they always fix some other things! not remember that philips has fixed some issues that posted here!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I am still having audio problems when playing the sound on my AV-Receiver.

TV: 42PFL7666K/02
    Firmware: 000.014.101.000
    No CI module installed
    TV-Tuner: DVB-S(2)
    TV-Channel: Channel 4 HD – Dolby Digital 2/0
    Audio Output: SPDIF (Laser)
    AV-Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR600E

I use the TV to receive UK TV stations via satellite. I do not have these audio problems with any BBC or ITV channels, but all the time with Channel 4 HD. So obviously there is something about the Channel 4 HD audio signal which causes the sound to briefly mute the sound, every few seconds.

The sound plays fine on the internal loudspeakers on all channels.

I have read that this problem has been reported, but hope that my observation that it applies to Channel 4 HD and not with BBC and ITV channels, might help to identify and hopefully fix the problem.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

3D in built in player

Ppl, some one tryed to play 3D SBS
    after FW update? Im having problem to play 3D content from USB in built in Player sins i updated from 19.84 to 19.93 ! Every movie have ghosting effect! Unwatchable!!! This bug is fixed in 19.101 ??? Or is still presist???

Silver Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Update after testing FW14.101 for 2 weeks in bold (note: most issues are not reproducable but occur at random):

#1 "Resume playback" causes player to hang: picture freeze, sound hangs in a loop of about 1 second.
    This bug is reproducable.
    #2 Several "channel update available" messages per day. If you run a channel update it results in no channels added or deleted.
    #3 No sound after closing CSM
    #4 TV shutsdown and reboots after switching channels
    #5 Timeshift only starts to record after trying to acces it, so not possible to FREV to earlier parts that should be recorded.
    #6 "Authentication" message overlay on top of the EPG after stopping playback of recording.
    Current TV channel is playing normal in PIP, message goes away after pressing the red button.
    #7 "Static" Clicks in the Audio Signal while playing HDD recording. Using FREW, repeated playback gives clicks everytime, but at different times. After stop and starting playback again the clicks are gone.
    Also had these clicks in timeshift mode. (Similar clicks reported in FW14.95 till FW14.98).
    #8 Ambilight continues to work after switching to stand-by.
    #9 When watching a teletext page suddenly the message "No text available" is shown for a while.
    #10 Recording function is blocked, message "Connect storage", but storage is connected and timeshift works, so the HDD is OK. Remedy: Disconnect and reconnect the HDD.
    #11 OSD message "write error" after switching channels
    #12 TV reboots after stopping playback
    #13 EPG GUI doesn't load completely/properly
    #14 Random bursts of macroblocks (presumably due to overload of the picture processing).
    Less frequent as with FW14.99 but still not OK.
    #15 No sound after switching TV on while HDD recording is in progress
    #16 Shutdown and reboot after opening a "details" page in the EPG

@Philips moderators: Is there any possibility one of you reacts on this bug list?

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

PS3 HDMI CEC to fast remote control input

PS3 & CEC multiple Inputs send Issue

I used my TV remote often to start and control the PS3 Slim. But after a FW update of the TV and the PS3 FW 4.00 (i did both at the same time) and it became unusable. One Button press results in multiple inputs for the PS3.

So i did now some research, I Unplugged all devices, did a complete new installation of the TV. plugged the PS3 in ... and its still the same...

But now i have reallised what the problem is!

When I press a button on the remote, the TV-Recieves multiple inputs (i can see it with the red led on my 7606k02 blinking really fast between 1x times). The TV it self seems to handle only one input, even if the led blinks multiple times. But if im connected to the PS3 Slim, it sends all events to the PS3 so there i get so many inputs like the led blinks.

So what happend with a fw update of the tv or ps3?
    option 1. The Older TV 14.8X FW sended also only one input command to the ps3 over CEC.
    option 2. The PS3 filtered to fast inputs from a cec device with the fw lower than 4.00 and dosent do it anymore.
    option 3. my remote is broken because it sends sometimes multiple ir codes during pushing a button. ( if i try to push the button on the remote as short as possible, i get only one input, but you cant tell that your wife....)

I hope for some feedback.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L1Zeeman View Post
    Update after testing FW14.101 for 2 weeks

#1 "Resume playback" causes player to hang: picture freeze, sound hangs in a loop of about 1 second.
    I confirm this bug in xx101, resuming recorded programs does not work anymore. I went back to xx99 and it worked again without problem.

#12 TV reboots after quitting the Smart TV app Uitzending gemist.

BTW this is on a pfl7606H/12

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Walker View Post
    I am still having audio problems when playing the sound on my AV-Receiver.

TV: 42PFL7666K/02
    Firmware: 000.014.101.000
    No CI module installed
    TV-Tuner: DVB-S(2)
    TV-Channel: Channel 4 HD – Dolby Digital 2/0
    Audio Output: SPDIF (Laser)
    AV-Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR600E

I use the TV to receive UK TV stations via satellite. I do not have these audio problems with any BBC or ITV channels, but all the time with Channel 4 HD. So obviously there is something about the Channel 4 HD audio signal which causes the sound to briefly mute the sound, every few seconds.

The sound plays fine on the internal loudspeakers on all channels.

I have read that this problem has been reported, but hope that my observation that it applies to Channel 4 HD and not with BBC and ITV channels, might help to identify and hopefully fix the problem.
    This sound also a bit like my HDMI ARC problem. Which i desribe on the first page.
    I also have the problem on ARTE HD.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Update after testing FW14.101 for 3 weeks in bold (note: most issues are not reproducable but occur at random):

#2 Several "channel update available" messages per day. If you run a channel update it results in no channels added or deleted.
    #5 Timeshift only starts to record after trying to acces it, so not possible to FREV to earlier parts that should be recorded.
    #6 "Authentication" message overlay on top of the EPG after stopping playback of recording.
    Current TV channel is playing normal in PIP, message goes away after pressing the red button.
    #7 "Static" Clicks in the Audio Signal while playing HDD recording. Using FREW, repeated playback gives clicks everytime, but at different times. After stop and starting playback again the clicks are gone.
    Also had these clicks in timeshift mode. (Similar clicks reported in FW14.95 till FW14.98).
    #9 When watching a teletext page suddenly the message "No text available" is shown for a while.
    #10 Recording function is blocked, message "Connect storage", but storage is connected and timeshift works, so the HDD is OK. Remedy: Disconnect and reconnect the HDD.
    #14 Random bursts of macroblocks (presumably due to overload of the picture processing).
    #15 No sound after switching TV on while HDD recording is in progress
    #16 Shutdown and reboot after opening a "details" page in the EPG
    #17 After closing the EPG by pressing "Watch TV" in the home menu, the picture is only displayed in PIP-box format instead of full screen
    #18 While watching TV suddenly the message scrambled program pops up
    #19 After switching the TV on from stand-by no reception of scrambled programs
    #20 While watching TV with a recording in progress suddenly the TV shuts down and restarts resulting in a failed recording
    #21 Sound and picture are out of sync after switching channels.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry Agree

Quote Originally Posted by L1Zeeman View Post
    After evaluating FW14.101 for 1 week I can report following issues, some new and some old ones (note: most issues are not reproducable but occur at random):

---------- poor software quality -------------
    it seems to me that they use a prio controlled versioning system for bug fixing and so they postponed software problems
    down because first prio is developing new TV types support and new functions
    i recommend to phillips make you firmware for older TVs open source - the community has the power and more linux developers to deliver more bug fixing :-)

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    i think due to cpu limitations of your tv this will not possible - you have to use an external player for SBS 3D

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

3D-SBS is working on 2011 TVs... via USB

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have a quite old firmware on my 6606 (December 2011). I am experiencing some picture freeze when watching HD channels. Otherwise everything is OK. Should I upgrade to this new firmware? Or do you people consider it too risky given the possible risk of "new" bugs?

Thanks,
    G.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    In Italy you do not see more Philips TVs in large retail chains... there is a why!!!

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    More and more BUGS appear. I did not expect that from a TV which I bought for 1900 Euro!

So now "Easylink" and "Easylink-Autostart" dosent work anymore. It dose not power up my AMP anymore. It dosen't see the PS3 and Raspberry Pi.

I Have seen some instructions to get it back working. "http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/philips-was-tun-wenn-easylink-oder-hdmi-arc-nicht-mehr-funktioniert/"

Also the sound drop problem is well known atleast since January 2012
    "http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/philips-aufruf-zur-untersuchung-von-tonaussetzern-mit-ci-modulen/"

But im really tired of posting bugs here and see no reaction and developement. All i Want is a Working TV. If that is to much for Philips, they should simply stop selling TVs until they are working propperly! What a poor management. I cant use my TV as TV, its now only a BIG expensive screen. (55 7606k02) If had bought it as screen I would be happy, would add a nice AV-Reciever and a Set-Up-Box. But i bought it as a TV which I wanted to use as a "Headunit". And this works worse than every Chinise no name TV. This is not the Premium TV i expected to buy.

A Dissapointed, feeling ripped off customer. My only hope is that someone hacks this TV and does philips job.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Philips Support Team,

Do you become aware of the fact that less and less users are posting here? It's no wonder when you don't respond to the customer's issues. It seems in a few months nobody remains interested in Philips TVs. Hope this is the goal what you would like to achieve.

Greetings

Joerg*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast