Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Your experiences with FW v0.14.101 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models)

Hi all

14.101 is online.

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
    - Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
    - IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

Changelog:

• Subtitle is not synchronized with the video.
    • Subtitle is shown in strange colours

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    I "bit the bullet" and upgraded. So far no changes in performance have been noticed compared to 14.99. I don't watch 3D, so can't comment on that.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi all

14.101 is online.
    Changelog:

• Subtitle is not synchronized with the video.
    • Subtitle is shown in strange colours

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Hi Benedickte,

First of all, my compliments for your fast responsiveness on this forum, I think this is how the contact between Philips and his users should be so keep up the good work!

Second, previous to this firmware I did not see any problem with subtitles on my Philips Cinema Platinum (58PFL9956H/12). Can you explain in more detail what exactly was fixed and for what models? Is this about the subs when you watch a movie from USB or from Bluray or from another source? What was wrong with the color of subtitles?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    Hi Benedickte,

First of all, my compliments for your fast responsiveness on this forum, I think this is how the contact between Philips and his users should be so keep up the good work!

Second, previous to this firmware I did not see any problem with subtitles on my Philips Cinema Platinum (58PFL9956H/12). Can you explain in more detail what exactly was fixed and for what models? Is this about the subs when you watch a movie from USB or from Bluray or from another source? What was wrong with the color of subtitles?
    Hi Bluevoice.

Thank you.

What is fixed you can see a good explaination on here. Subtitles from broadcaster National geographics.

Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    This is my problem with the 3d. 14,099 and 14,101 comparison. What worries me most is that I do not see anyone having this problem with the update. (tv 9965).

Google translator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.99.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	1464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.101.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	1465

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
    This is my problem with the 3d. 14,099 and 14,101 comparison. What worries me most is that I do not see anyone having this problem with the update. (tv 9965).

Google translator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.99.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	1464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.101.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	1465

An important detail. The crosstalk has only worsened with the left eye. With the right eye is like the version 14099

Google translator.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    TV has been updated, new firmware installed. Following issues remain, I must say we have patiently awaited a fix, having paid 3000 Euros, when other brands offer far less problems for far less money.

1. Backlight still not good. Some movies cannot be watched at all. The shift, black/light is seriously flawed.
    2. 3d crosstalk is very bad. 2 player gaming function is useless because of the other players' background is mixed with your own picture. I bought the Tv because of this function!
    3. The image flashes! Still, after numerous updates, I sit and watch a 3000 Euro tv with white flashes.
    I am a salesman and a store manager, having daily sold and watched tvs turned on for 3 years, 10 hours a day. Never seen flaws like these.
    4. remote control response is slow! Also using Logitec harmony One, so it must be the sensor.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    TV has been updated, new firmware installed. Following issues remain, I must say we have patiently awaited a fix, having paid 3000 Euros, when other brands offer far less problems for far less money.

1. Backlight still not good. Some movies cannot be watched at all. The shift, black/light is seriously flawed.
    2. 3d crosstalk is very bad. 2 player gaming function is useless because of the other players' background is mixed with your own picture. I bought the Tv because of this function!
    3. The image flashes! Still, after numerous updates, I sit and watch a 3000 Euro tv with white flashes.
    I am a salesman and a store manager, having daily sold and watched tvs turned on for 3 years, 10 hours a day. Never seen flaws like these.
    4. remote control response is slow! Also using Logitec harmony One, so it must be the sensor.
    1. Backlight still not good. Some movies cannot be watched at all. The shift, black/light is seriously flawed. TRUE!!! Fix this!!!

4. remote control response is slow! Also using Logitec harmony One, so it must be the sensor. TRUE! FIX!

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

also just installed 14.101 on 21:9 (9956): Backlight is still a mess while watching 16:9 content unscaled - the black bars on the left/right are grey. The backlight should be switched off! This is called local dimming! But why the hell is the backlight on in areas where NO CONTENT is available? Please FIX THIS!

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    @Toengel
    Completely agree with you - this must be fixed! But given the observed Philips negligence to its customers requirements and demands I highly doubt it.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

FW 14.101 and Zenderupdate

Just installed FW 14.101. Was in doubt when I read the message after installation, just Standby or really off and on again. No reference to "cold start" or a better description of what you want us to do ....... You might want to address this in the software for 14.102 and future updates.

This reminds me of a recent notification from Ziggo (our cable "provider") about a pending "Zenderupdate" which would be installed if I would put my TV (32PFL9696H/12) in standby. At that time we had problems with the sound (interruptions and occasionally the TV went into standby and back again), but there seemed to be no change, even after a full night in standby. Can anyone tell me what these updates are for ? How can you see whether these have been executed / completed ??

Thanks and regards - lange

PS - We still have these interruptions in the sound. Any ideas how to solve this ??
    Last edited by lange; 10-07-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    The subtitle uploading function does not work most of the time. The Enable Pixel Plus link never works. I know because when I switch on my BDP8000 bluray picture modes (Standard, cold ...) the changes take effect at the tv, and the picture is very poor quality. This did not happen in previous versions when Pixel Plus link is activated, would have disabled all enhancements blu ray image, and this is not happening.
    Google translator.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Angry Please give us a Firmware that works!!!!

Version 101, is not a better firmware release then the 99 or 98 version. Best firmware release was 98 too bad of bad local dimming issue.

Some things I have noticed:
    The colors are not as vivid, and there seems to be a haze over the screen. Like dirty screen effect all over the picture.
    My TV still turns off at random moments.
    Still the Format settings does not work when turning the TV on.
    And with 101, you need to turn the brightness down to below 50 for having corners in deep black
    The Local dimming is slow, you see that after a scene change, the entire screen dims or adds more light to it.

Very annoying and very frustating that a TV this price, these specs have this minor issues.

I think I am going to call Philips for this, I have this TV now for a year, still no fix for my issues.

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    @mduran
    I also feel 14.98 local dimming was better. In 14.99 and 14.101 LOCAL dimming was turned more to a GLOBAL dimming. All picture settings needed to be adjusted as picture was too light and blacks were not deep. After adjusting them black level is nearly the same, but anyway a like 14.98 better in PQ regard.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
    @mduran
    I also feel 14.98 local dimming was better. In 14.99 and 14.101 LOCAL dimming was turned more to a GLOBAL dimming. All picture settings needed to be adjusted as picture was too light and blacks were not deep. After adjusting them black level is nearly the same, but anyway a like 14.98 better in PQ regard.
    Yes, you are absolutely right. The only issue for me, was the top and bottom of the picture would darken. No other flashes or something else. 14.98 is in my opinion the best firmware.

Where are the forum moderators when you need them. Why do they only reply to issue's that are fixed? Where is Thomas?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast