Philips server not found, try again later
My “Net TV” does not work. I get the message “Philips server not found, try again later”. Does someone has an idea to solve this? Can it be due to firewall settings or something? I do not have so much knowledge about these things....
Yes, spot on!!!! I have the same problem. I contacted the Philips helpdesk. The agent mentioned that there is nothing wrong with the Philips server, but he asked me then to check if the TV does get access to the open internet, because firewall settings in the router might block the open internet access for the TV. I checked, and indeed open internet does not work either. HELP! How do I fix this?
Got an email from Philips yesterday (didn't expect that anymore....):
Indeed, firewall settings in the router can cause your problem.
To install the correct router settings is different per router brand. Check the documentation of your router.
In most cases it goes like this:
- Open your browser with a PC in your network, as URL you enter http://192.168.1.1/ or http://192.168.2.1/.
- A menu screen will be shown where you can set your password and do firewall settings
(note: For some routers your PC needs to be connected wired to the router to be able to access the menu).
- If you see that a firewall is set, simply disable the firewall temporarely and try if Net TV works. If Net TV works then it was already clear that the firewall was causing the problem.
- If you want the firewall to be active, then configure it in such way that the IP address of the TV is listed for internet access. The IP address of the TV can be found in the menu of the TV.
- This website gives explanations on router settings for several brands.
Possibly, behind your router, there is a modem. Also the modem can have a firewall installed. The same story counts for the modem, but you need to look-up what URL you need to configure the modem as well.
I hope this helps Watchdog85. Great service Philips!!