Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I have the same problem with my Cinema gold TV 50PFL7956H/12 after the update to the latest software. It worked great with the old software. So, it definitely seems to be a software issue. I spoke to customer support yesterday, but they can't do anything except recommending a factory reset. Naturally this does not work. I told the operator that here on the forum many users have this same issue, but according to him, nothing had been reported. By the way, the mail address reported earlier in this thread "nettv.support@philips.com" does not exist. If I send a message with a delivery receipt request, I get a reply "undeliverable".
    Hi JustMe: the email address nettv.support@philips.com reported in this thread does exist. I sent them an email and they replied saying there's nothing wrong with the latest 14.96 software.

They also made a support request and sent a technician to see my tv. The technician tried the same things, I already tried before, without success. Than the technician said it could be a hardware issue and that the SSB-board of the TV should be replaced to make sure there's nothing wrong with the network connection on the board itself. The replacement SSB board turned out to be a DOA and than the technician tried to place the original SSB board back. Something got wrong, I think the cable was damaged because I got a distorted image, the colors were inverted and I got a pixelated image. So now they took the TV to a repair centre and I don't have a TV for a week now and it's going to take another week...

There was nothing wrong with the TV, just faulty software and Philips is too proud to admit it or too ignorant to know about it.

So if you get any reply from Philips saying that they are going to send a technician to "repair" I'd advise you not to do it.

Philips: Let's make things worse!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Indeed it seems they do not really have their act together: the different functions do no seem to know what the other is doing or what is going on.

For now, I am just going to wait for next update.. hopefully it solves it (though I doubt it). At the frequecy with which they have been sending out new software, it cannot be long before a new one shows up.

But if anyone else has the same issue, I hope they report it. Not just on this forum but also to philips. Maybe if enough of us report these issues, someone at philips will finally realize there is a problem.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    From your complaints we realized that there might go something wrong with Net TV and software 14.96 on a 50PFL7956H. The TV of Bluevoice gives us the possibility to analyze this strange problem.
    I recommended our software team to redraw this software for this model until we clarified the issue.
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks Mark. I hope the software division can come up with an answer soon and that no other owners of this TV-model make the same mistake of installing this version of the software.

PS: @Bluevoice, I hope you get your TV back in one piece after the Philips team completes their experiments … (or they give you a new one )

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Mark View Post
    From your complaints we realized that there might go something wrong with Net TV and software 14.96 on a 50PFL7956H. The TV of Bluevoice gives us the possibility to analyze this strange problem.
    I recommended our software team to redraw this software for this model until we clarified the issue.
    Hi Philips - Mark: this nice and all and I keep reminding me that it serves a higher cause (getting the software fixed). Now seen the fact that I can't use my product and that you're not willing to believe my findings in first place, why should I suffer the consequences of Philips's faulty software implementation? Why doesn't Philips test it on its own tv's? Should the tv's of your clients be used as test devices?

As I can't use my product at this moment, is Philips going to compensate in any way me on that?
    Last edited by bluevoice; 03-22-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    I'm really mad about it. I only updated to the new 14.96 software because I hoped it would solve the reset / reboot / crash problem I have with this tv when I use it together with the HTS8562/12 (which, BTW it doesn't solve):

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...9130#post29130

This is another case of an issue that was long not acknowledged by Philips. I reported this issue back in October 2011, this is 5 months ago, and I still kept asking about a resolution, still nothing. At this very moment, there is still no solution for it...

Philips doesn't care about it customers it seems.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Same problem on 42PFL7605C/08

Hi all,

Also my 42PFL7605C/08 TV show this message "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again", so I have read the thread hoping to found a solution but it seems that the only solution is to contact the service helpdesk to repair the TV.

I agreed that it is really disappointing to see that Philips can't solve these problems with firmware. I have just send an email to nettv.support@philips.com and I hope to receive some good news from them.

The Network parameters are good. Some time after clearing "NetTV cache", Net TV loading first page and hangs some other time a white screen hangs.

The serial number is: VN1D1114001009
    The firmware is: Q5553-0.140.46.0
    The mac address is: 18:8e:d5:21:65:db

Hope to receive soon informations from the support.

Regards.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Mark View Post
    It seems the software team did not yet redraw this faulty software: it can still be downloaded as the latest SW update for 50PFL7956H, meaning more people run the risk of loosing their NETTV connectivity. Is the software team taking any action? Or did they not follow your recommendation?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up

It seems the software team did not yet redraw this faulty software: it can still be downloaded as the latest SW update for 50PFL7956H, meaning more people run the risk of loosing their NETTV connectivity. Is the software team taking any action? Or did they not follow your recommendation?
    NETTV SIGN-IN PROBLEM SOLVED!

Yesterday evening I was messing with the MyRemote app and just happened to press the NETTV button. To my surprise NETTV started working again. I did not change any setting on my TV, so I guess the connectivity problem was solved on the server end. Anyway, things seem to be back to normal. My thanks to whoever solved this issue.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    NETTV SIGN-IN PROBLEM SOLVED!

Yesterday evening I was messing with the MyRemote app and just happened to press the NETTV button. To my surprise NETTV started working again. I did not change any setting on my TV, so I guess the connectivity problem was solved on the server end. Anyway, things seem to be back to normal. My thanks to whoever solved this issue.
    This is nice, except I still don't have my TV back... It seems Philips does nothing to speed up things.

Now the repair centre says they ordered a new part (the bolt on board where the SSB board is attached to) that was damaged while the technician was trying to replace the SSB board (which they shouldn't anyway because it was just the faulty software). Now I am told that it will take a couple of days more until they get the part delivered.

Philips deliver the damn part, I want my tv back!!!

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Got my TV back last Friday. I can confirm that NetTV now also works on the Philips Cinema Gold on firmware 14.96. Seems that, as JustMe reported, the issue has been resolved on the server side.

It's nice that Philips shares this info with us and communicates with its clients saying the issue has been resolved (NOT!).

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

same TV, same problem, still not solved

Quote Originally Posted by romiti.stefano View Post
    Hi all,

Also my 42PFL7605C/08 TV show this message "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again", so I have read the thread hoping to found a solution but it seems that the only solution is to contact the service helpdesk to repair the TV.

I agreed that it is really disappointing to see that Philips can't solve these problems with firmware. I have just send an email to nettv.support@philips.com and I hope to receive some good news from them.

The Network parameters are good. Some time after clearing "NetTV cache", Net TV loading first page and hangs some other time a white screen hangs.

The serial number is: VN1D1114001009
    The firmware is: Q5553-0.140.46.0
    The mac address is: 18:8e:d5:21:65:db

Hope to receive soon informations from the support.

Regards.
    Hi Philips - Hi Stefano,
    I have your same TV - 42PFL7605C/08 - In my case the issue started after upgrading to the latest firmware Q5553-0.140.47.0. Clearing my NetTV cache didn't help. I'm about to contact the customer support and I was just wondering if the helpdesk finally managed to sort things out in your case...
    Regards

Silver Member
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry

I have to report this error too. Initially, the message was "philips server not found" with no changes at the router or internet provider (I work at the internet provider). Internet access is just fine through the same home network.

Today, the message switched to "To-complete-NetTV-sign-in-please-switch-your-TV-set-off-and-on-again". I cleared the Apps Cache, then I got to the initial welcome page of Net TV. I got the registering e-mail, activated on the Philips portal, the TV said thank you for activating. Then it fails to load Net Tv again.

The TV is 40PFL6606H/12 with the latest firmware 000.014.096.000.

Philips, I would expect this to be resolved quickly, as I am using Net TV on a daily basis. Please follow up on this as soon as possible.

And yes, I find the information on this forum that "all services are up and running" totally misleading. Is it just a ping test to the server? It shows as completely inaccurate and usefull.

Best regards,

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello to the Philips team,

I have started to experience the same problem only yesterday, although I have installed 0.14.96.0 4 days ago.
    I own 46PFL9706 TV with mac address: 5C:33:8E:82:AB:CC.

Although I have rebooted several times the TV, I keep getting this annoying message which asks to restart the TV in order to complete NET TV sign...

I paid so much money for a "state of the art" Philips TV & I cannot accept this to happen.

Please advise what to do to have this resolved immediately.

Doron.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doron View Post
    Hello to the Philips team,

I have started to experience the same problem only yesterday, although I have installed 0.14.96.0 4 days ago.
    I own 46PFL9706 TV with mac address: 5C:33:8E:82:AB:CC.

Although I have rebooted several times the TV, I keep getting this annoying message which asks to restart the TV in order to complete NET TV sign...

I paid so much money for a "state of the art" Philips TV & I cannot accept this to happen.

Please advise what to do to have this resolved immediately.

Doron.

I have just installed 0.14.97.0 and the problem still exists!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic