• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Smile sb7200 Shoqbox on/off state

Hi, I have a new sb7200 Shoqbox and got it to work right out of the box. I love the design, the rugged construction and the sound was very nice -- quite good actually, big full, nice volume control and crisp highs (I was surprised). I want this to be a keeper. The unit worked fine the first time but since charging overnight, it is not working. I may have a defective unit and will return it for a new replacement. However, I want to make certain that I am understanding how this unit is supposed to work and be certain that I am not doing anything wrong. I have read the onsite support and manual.

I am hoping that some of the users out there can give me some tips.

• I cannot tell whether the battery is charged or dead. Even when plugged in. Is the "mode light" supposed to remain on? I usually get a "blue light" that goes off after 5 seconds. Sometimes I get nothing.

• I have trouble turning the unit on and off. Mode button once for on. And Mode button hold down for off. However, I am not sure whether the unit is on or off. I don't get a consistent experience. Sometimes a bright blue light on for a few seconds then off. Sometimes a get a variety of chime sounds. Sometimes I get a voice notification -- ready for bluetooth connection but I can't get the connection to work. Once I got the set your voice language.

Mostly -- how do I tell ON and OFF and battery usage.

• Tried resetting the speaker with the paper-clip. Again, not sure what if any effect this had.

• Bluetooth connection to an iPhone 4S was easy the first time but subsequent times (and right now), I can't get the devices to see each other. Tried resetting and forgetting the phone.

• First time it played -- no interruptions. Used it near a bluetooth mouse and while working on computer. No problem. Today, the Bluetooth would drop out every 5-10 seconds. Yesterday ok, today not.

• After an overnight charge, tried to sync it in my car -- where I want to use it most -- could not get any connection, even when plugged into the USB car charger.

Any Bluetooth or Shoqbox tips from experienced users would be welcome.

I think this product could be a big hit. Is it the nature of Bluetooth or is my unit defective?

Thanks. -- John

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    • I cannot tell whether the battery is charged or dead. Even when plugged in. Is the "mode light" supposed to remain on? I usually get a "blue light" that goes off after 5 seconds. Sometimes I get nothing.
    * yes the blue light will be off in like 5 seconds but the battery isnt dead. when the speaker is on, you can press the power button once to check the battery level. Its English isn't very good also (like me) :P I cannot tell it's saying 'plenty battery left' or 'twenty (%) battery left.' "plenty' is close I guess.

• I have trouble turning the unit on and off. Mode button once for on. And Mode button hold down for off. However, I am not sure whether the unit is on or off. I don't get a consistent experience. Sometimes a bright blue light on for a few seconds then off. Sometimes a get a variety of chime sounds. Sometimes I get a voice notification -- ready for bluetooth connection but I can't get the connection to work. Once I got the set your voice language.

Mostly -- how do I tell ON and OFF and battery usage.

*Press to switch on and press to hold to switch off. For my device, when the Blue light went off completely, it's off. If it's inactive, it's in blinking Blue. You can also search that with your iphone. If cannot find the SB7200, then means it's off already.

• Tried resetting the speaker with the paper-clip. Again, not sure what if any effect this had.

* This one no indication really. You can feel a click inserting the pin into the reset button. After reset, the unit must be off.

• Bluetooth connection to an iPhone 4S was easy the first time but subsequent times (and right now), I can't get the devices to see each other. Tried resetting and forgetting the phone.

*For me I dont see this problem. On my iPhone 4S, this speaker is remembered, the next time I use it, I just have to connect it again

• First time it played -- no interruptions. Used it near a bluetooth mouse and while working on computer. No problem. Today, the Bluetooth would drop out every 5-10 seconds. Yesterday ok, today not.
    *Check if your phone is too busy (too many apps running in the background). Check also if that is because battery low.

• After an overnight charge, tried to sync it in my car -- where I want to use it most -- could not get any connection, even when plugged into the USB car charger.
    * This one no idea. Need more details/ steps to investigate further

Hope it helps a bit!
    have you tried pairing 2 SHOQBOX together? It can work as Stereo Very nice! (I have a SB7100 also that s why...)
    Last edited by kwinnie; 10-05-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Kwinnie,

Everything is working great now. Your comments helped me troubleshoot my old unit, which I now think had a charging problem. Half of what you suggested did not work on my original unit. What you say, does work fine on the new unit.

I went to the store and got a new unit. The setup was easy, fast and was a totally different experience -- a good experience. Good Bluetooth connection that is not dropping out. Very good sound (transparent, good highs) and I love the rugged design and style.

I will let this new unit run out and then charge it. If everything works after the charge then I will be very happy. Maybe in a few weeks, I'll get a 2nd unit. I want one in the car. If I get a 2nd one for the home and on occasion want to pair the stereo (and then back to mono in the car) -- can I do that many times over without confusing the Bluetooth?

Thanks again, Kwinnie. I now have a very favorable opinion and review of the Shoqbox sb7200.

John

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Smile

Hi Kwinnie,

Everything is working great now. Your comments helped me troubleshoot my old unit, which I now think had a charging problem. Half of what you suggested did not work on my original unit. What you say, does work fine on the new unit.

I went to the store and got a new unit. The setup was easy, fast and was a totally different experience -- a good experience. Good Bluetooth connection that is not dropping out. Very good sound (transparent, good highs) and I love the rugged design and style.

I will let this new unit run out and then charge it. If everything works after the charge then I will be very happy. Maybe in a few weeks, I'll get a 2nd unit. I want one in the car. If I get a 2nd one for the home and on occasion want to pair the stereo (and then back to mono in the car) -- can I do that many times over without confusing the Bluetooth?

Thanks again, Kwinnie. I now have a very favorable opinion and review of the Shoqbox sb7200.

John

Tags for this Topic