Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

USB recording on PFL4007?

Hello,

I bougth a PFL4007 last week.
    It has a beatifull image.

I only want to timeshift because i have a recorder, so i tried différents USB key i have and a 80 Gb USB disk.
    All are refused.
    I know the key must have 32 Gb size minimum and disk 250 Gb, And speed enough but they are accepted on the two DVB-T receivers i have.
    For example a SSD drive of 60 Gb will be refused because it is a disk and less than 250 Gb, and it id very fast and good to timeshift.
    Can Philips give a list of USB Key that works with their TV and if possible accept less than 32 Gb (30 or 28) because the real capacity are little less than 32 Gb. And accept disk less than 60 Gb because of SSD disks.
    It is sufficient for timeshift.

Sorry for my English, i am French.

Thanks
    Last edited by Philips; 11-02-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Made title a bit more clear.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Totoche View Post
    Hello,

I bougth a PFL4007 last week.
    It has a beatifull image.

I only want to timeshift because i have a recorder, so i tried différents USB key i have and a 80 Gb USB disk.
    All are refused.
    I know the key must have 32 Gb size minimum and disk 250 Gb, And speed enough but they are accepted on the two DVB-T receivers i have.
    For example a SSD drive of 60 Gb will be refused because it is a disk and less than 250 Gb, and it id very fast and good to timeshift.
    Can Philips give a list of USB Key that works with their TV and if possible accept less than 32 Gb (30 or 28) because the real capacity are little less than 32 Gb. And accept disk less than 60 Gb because of SSD disks.
    It is sufficient for timeshift.

Sorry for my English, i am French.

Thanks

Hi Totoche.

Could you please provide me with the following information:

What USB drives/ HDD's have you tried? Also include size.
    What do you mean by it getting refused? are they not recognized or do you get any error message?

Could you please confirm to me what software is installed on your TV?

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I tried a 2.5 inch 80 Gb HDD Hitachi HTS54168 in USB rack that works fine on my DVB-T receiver Visionic VNT 300 in recording and time shift and works also in SFR receiver for recording and time shift. It has his own power supply in 5 V.
    It is recognized only to read media files on 32PFL4007. It is refused for recording with a message, "impossible to use this type of disk, use an other type of disk" (in French).

I tried also 8 and 16 Gb USB key, OK to access to file and Video leasing but refused for recording.

My Visionic receiver accept theses keys with a warning that they are too slow, but it works fine for recording and timeshift in it.
    Why don't Philips like others would not only write a warning message but accept the key or disk if too small or slow ?
    32 Gb mini key means 64 Gb fast USB key, about 60 euros only to timeshift, and we are not sure that it will be accepted by the TV.

My Firmware is the last : 000.093.000.000 of 16 oct 2012.

Best regards

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Totoche View Post
    I tried a 2.5 inch 80 Gb HDD Hitachi HTS54168 in USB rack that works fine on my DVB-T receiver Visionic VNT 300 in recording and time shift and works also in SFR receiver for recording and time shift. It has his own power supply in 5 V.
    It is recognized only to read media files on 32PFL4007. It is refused for recording with a message, "impossible to use this type of disk, use an other type of disk" (in French).
    I tried also 8 and 16 Gb USB key, OK to access to file and Video leasing but refused for recording.
    My Visionic receiver accept these keys with a warning that they are too slow, but it works fine for recording and timeshift in it.
    Why don't Philips like others would not only write a warning message but accept the key or disk if too small or slow ?
    32 Gb mini key means 64 Gb fast USB key, about 60 euros only to timeshift, and we are not sure that it will be accepted by the TV.
    My Firmware is the last : 000.093.000.000 of 16 oct 2012.
    Best regards
    Dear Totoche,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately you cannot Record via USB on the drives you mentioned. For recording you need at least an (USB2.0) HDD with a min. size of 250GB and a transfer speed of min. 30MB/s. BTW, this is all mentioned in the User Manual - which is online downloadable (or see attached pictures).
    To be able to use Pause TV you need a minimum disk size of 32GB with the same min. transfer speed.
    But as most 32GB USB sticks are in fact somewhat smaller than 32GB, they will not work too. Better to use a 64GB stick or HDD.
    BTW, I guess you must be able to use the Pause TV feature with the HDD you mentioned (if the transfer speed is sufficient). Did you try that already?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RecordTV.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	1528 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PauseTV.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	1529

Regards,
    JuAn
    Last edited by Philips; 11-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Non, i can't pause with the 80 Gb. This is the same menu.
    Why don't Philips power the exigence for Key to 28 or 30 Gb, so 32 Gb can work.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

try to reformat the HDD on your PC and afterwards with your TV again (just run the network wizard - at the end you will be asked to format your drive). Warning: all data will be deleted on your drive.

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I tried since 2 hours last week. I format my 80 Gb in NTFS and also in EXT3 and tried pushing the pause button to have the formatting menu. Always the same response "impossible to use this type of disk, use an other type of disk" (in French).
    I think Philips is now Chinese, why could you not ask to low from 2 or 4 Gb the 32 Gb key that is non-sense because it is 64 Gb realy.
    I am IT (network administrator) and i was technician in electronic for 15 years.