10-24-2012, 10:46 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2012
- Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
- Rep Power
Your experiences with FW v 150.48.9 for 6, 7, 8 and 9xx7 series (2012 models)
Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.
- Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronizing of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.
Note: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
QF1EU-0.150.48.9 (Date published: 2012-10-25)
Besides general improvements on functionality and performance, the following items were added:
• Pointer functionality for Smart TV applications and Open Internet (*).
• Use of preferred channel list with M7 Satellite.
• Smooth streaming support for Microsoft Streaming video channels.
• Display of Digital TV channels to iPad/iPod/iPhone (MyRemote App 'WiFi Smart Screen').
• Additional aggregation views in Content Browser: extra Audio and Video view besides existing folder view.
• New channel logo database used.
The following items were improved:
• Control of TV via Smartphone or Tablet (MyRemote application).
• Zapping speed on analogue and digital channels.
• Speed of menu’s and ‘On Screen graphics’.
• Start-up behaviour with certain HTS devices.
• HbbTV performance.
• Improvements for Skype contact lists.
The following items were solved:
• Picture and audio problems when zapping to FR3 (France).
• Loosing WiFi connection.
• ‘No channel problem’ when selecting analogue channels (Russia).
• Crashes after using FFW/FRW in streaming video.
• ‘Files not playing’ when applying streaming video sources from Maxdome.
• Failing CI+ authentication in case of use of CI+ cards.
Note: (*) The pointer device, for use in Smart TV, is set by default to OFF.
To switch it ON, you'll need to select Smart TV and push the ‘Options’ button. An ‘Options menu’ will pop up.
The bottom row gives the possibility to put the ‘Remote control navigation’ from ‘Arrow keys’ to ‘Pointer’ and vice versa.
IMPORTANT: Once the software upgrade is complete, you need to disconnect the power cable from the power outlet.
Wait one or two minutes, then reconnect it. After that you can start your TV in the usual way.
Last edited by Philips - Benedickte; 10-30-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Adding release notesForum Mod
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 166Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:38 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 85Last Post: 09-16-2012, 10:45 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 54Last Post: 08-21-2012, 03:41 PM
By Toengel in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 9Last Post: 07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
By Philips - Benedickte in forum TV: Software 2012 modelsReplies: 21Last Post: 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM