• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

9704/12 Problems

Hi Guys,

I have has the above tv for the last couple of months, now I don't know if these are issues with just mine or a general problem.
    The first when using net-tv sometimes the tv will just reboot itself with no reason this has done this a few times, the speakers make a nice crackle as it does this, as soon as it comes back on its fine and could be fine for hours, very random.
    The second which only started happening yesterday is when turning the tv on and selecting a source the tv will goto that source display the input from that source and then it goes black for a few seconds and then displays the source again, thought it was the cable at first but it does it for any source, this has done this about three or four times in a row before it settles.
    The third, which I think could be down to ITV HD, Is when displaying dark images the tv tends to flash a band across the screen until the surroundings are bright again, very annoying, but at present I have not noticed it on any other HD channel.

Cheers

Gaz

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi there!

1.) I would perform a sofftware upgrade to a recet version (0.26.78.0 currently) to resolve this kind of issue (if not already done). I remember having seen something like that in the past with my 9604H - upgrading the software did the trick for me.
    2.) If we're talking about HDMI sources here, that's what I'm used to. If so, I would personally consider it normal behaviour of the set due to HDCP handshaking procedures.
    3.) Never seen something like that (maybe due to the fact that my 9604H does not have LED backlight - could be something specific to this model).

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    the reboot issue is an item the philips development team is working on. It's an issue on the 8000 & 9000 series as far as I know. I have the same problem.

The second issue you mentioned started also yesterday at my side. (source switch issue) (40plf8605/12) that's a coincidence, or not....
    Last edited by koenraad; 10-19-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am running the latest version of firmware at present, glad to see I am not alone with two of my issues, the third I will just put down to ITV HD via my Virgin Media box at present, apart from these niggles I find that this tv is absolutely fantastic.

Cheers

Gaz.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Issue 1
    I'm also having some Net TV behaviors:
    Random crackle sound and tv reboots itself (relay goes OFF -> ON) and the tv starts loading the software... very frustrating. Happens with light news sites and heavy sites with live video streaming. Very random. I have had this issue since I bought the tv about six months ago or so.

Issue 2
    My tv also messes the UI texts time after time:
    I use Logitech Harmony remote to control my tv. When the Harmony changes source inputs (sends a direct command for specific HDMI source) and then after changing back to the tv stream all the channels names say "undefined". My tv's menu language is not even set to english.
    If I keep changing channels it won't even show the channel names anymore.
    To fix the channel names I need to put tv to standby and then start again.

I have the latest firmware V000.026.078.000 installed with my xxPFL9704H/12.

Philips, please improve the firmware to be able to see the DVB subtitles while I increase/decrease the volume. This is really frustrating, thank you.
    Last edited by Xtreme; 12-17-2010 at 09:50 PM.