Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

5.1 digital output dropout 46PFL5507H/12

Hello everyone,

I have connected my TV digital output (updated with latest firmware) with a toslink cable to my digital input port on a LG Home Theater. TV is set: digital output = multichannel, the sound emitted by the 5+1 speakers dropout every 5 seconds, could be that for a minutes is ok then it happens again 10 times.
    If TV is set: digital output = stereo then sound is perfect (I would like to have multichannel output)
    The source of signal could be : MySkyHD satellite receiver connected to the TV via HDMI , sound on HDMI is Dolby surround (if sound is set : HDMI = stereo then result is like to set digital sound output on TV = stereo, this happens also if source is a multimedia box (Emtec N200) connected to the TV via HDMI (same sound settings as the MySkyHD and same faulty output if multichannel is selected)
    I have also tried to play a divx from windows PC and the sound is dropping if digital audio output = multichannel is set in the TV

Note: MySkyHD and Emtec N200 send dolby surround perfectly to the LG Home theater if connected to it with toslink cable , my problem is that I have only one digital IN on the LG so I would like to use the philips tv as a "hub" to collect all inputs and send digital output to the home theater.

This is a pity because the TV is a good product.

I hope Philips will solve the problem because I have read here that is a problem of many TV models.
    Thanks and best regards.
    Andrea Venturino.
    Last edited by Ventu68; 10-30-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Question

Hello,
    I noticed that watching a DTT channel with Dolby Surround audio, audio is sent to Home Theatre device with toslink cale and set to "multichannel" on TV itself, the sound is intermittent. If digital output on tv is set to "stereo" sound is perfect.

It seems that TV is not able to send multichannel audio without interruptions using it's only digital outptut.

I would like to know if this is a valid cause to have a substitution of the TV from Philips service? Will a future firmware upgrade solve the problem or they will simply remove the multichannel choice from the digital output menu?

Anyone who reads this message has tried to use digital output with a Dolby Surround source?

Thanks.

Could it be a incompatibility between TV and my Home Theatre? It's a LG LH-SW5100.

Ciao.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Last Firmware update did not solve the problem. All my external devices are now connected to TV with HDMI cable and to HT with toslink cable. I bought a manual switch to connect all 3 toslink cables to my HT because it has only one toslink input. It seems to be a hardware problem of the TV but I hope it is a software problem. Anyway it seems that no one is taking care about it.
    Ciao.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    User known HDMI ARC and Toslink bug from 2011 and 2012 TV models.
    :-(

seems philips closes both eyes to not see this bug

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello, is this happening on ALL TVs of a particular model or it's "random"?
    Because I have the same problem on my new TV, 32PFL9606M/08.

The funny thing is that the audio is dropping only on the Home Theater, I tried to enable the TV speakers and when it drops, TV speakers keep working.

The TV proposed to install the "new" firmware, v014.99 which should have solved this specific issue, with no success. Then I installed the 014.104 from the website but still it's not working.

I tried changing HDMI port, with no success.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    don't know that, im not philips. They simply told me its a incompatibility between the devices. Atleast the support told me that. There are no issues known. Interessting because i complained and a few others also but they dont know it.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    SOLUTION?
    OK, I've called them and they told me to try with an "high-speed" HDMI cable, only then they can say it's ports board failure.

I was skeptic, really skeptic... luckily the original cable of MySky HD decoder, the one "Sky" branded, then supposedly cheap, has "high-speed" written on it, so I tried it.
    It's working really neat now... it's more than a hour without dropouts.

I thinks that a proof of this may be that on SD channels, from MySky decoder, I don't get dropouts (or at least it's what who watched those channels said, it's not my direct experience), and a standard HDMI cable is enough, nor from movie or music from my PC (via DLNA).

I think the fault may be of all these technologies the TV uses, that analyze pictures and set Ambilight... with standard cable in some cases it has not enough time to complete the analysis in time and "skip" to redirect audio to the optical out.
    It's just an hypothesis, since I don't really know exactly how it works internally...

The irony:
    My last TV, Philips too, paid 2000 € in 2005, had a big hard to solve issue... the fault was also of the HDMI cable, but only on that TV (I tried with a different one successfully), which worked fine for a full month before "breaking down".
    I see that Philips has a history of low tolerance on digital cables...

If anything new drops, I'll let you know. Try changing cable if you encounter the same problem!