• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

LCD TV Error Code 1 long 2 short HELP!

Hi guys, first time in this forum here.

I have an LCD TV model 32PFL5522/05 which I bought while studying in the UK late 2007. It works fine, even after I brought it back to Malaysia. Until today, that is. While watching, suddenly the picture and sound just blanked out. At first I thought somebody pushed the power button on the remote. But it wasn't that, the remote was next to the TV, and nobody else were near it.

We tried the old switching-off-and-on trick, but didnt work. Currently the red standby light is blinking, 1 long, 2 short, pause, then repeats again. Pushing the buttons on the remote will turn the red light into blue (on), but it only stayed there for about 2 seconds before turning red again, repeating the error blinks.

I checked around, and apparently this model is not supported in Malaysia. Since there arent that many reliable repair shops around my area (most are just about ready to scam anyone who walks into their shops), I'm trying to figure out at least what the error code means. At least I would be a little bit more informed before I hand the TV over to the repair shop.

The nearest Philips service center is about 4 hours drive. Any help would be great!

Silver Member
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    tv checks itself and found a fault...the result is a protection circuit -> the led blinks.

you can try to heat up the power supply through the backcover with a hair dryer for a half minute. if led still blinks, heat another 1 or 2 minutes. if tv works now, your power supply will have problems with any capacitors.

don't remove the back cover, if you don't have a appropriate education to repair tv's.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burnhoven View Post
    tv checks itself and found a fault...the result is a protection circuit -> the led blinks.

you can try to heat up the power supply through the backcover with a hair dryer for a half minute. if led still blinks, heat another 1 or 2 minutes. if tv works now, your power supply will have problems with any capacitors.

don't remove the back cover, if you don't have a appropriate education to repair tv's.
    hey thanks for the reply. no, i dont have any "appropriate" education nor experience in repairing TVs, but i guess i can try the "heat up" method.

so lets say it does work after heating up. what do i do? what do i tell the TV repairmen? "please check all capacitors?" or just "capacitors in the power supply?".

sorry, the reason i have to know is that i'm a magnet to conmen. i'm easily duped. so i need to minimise my risks, if you know what i mean. thanks!