• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation 32PFL4007H/12 switches off after an hour, while auto-off is disabled

For a while now, I've been breaking my head over the fact, that my 32PFL4007H/12 (s/w 092.00)sometimes automatically switches off after an hour or so, while listening to a radio-station over the set. Auto- off is disabled in settings, as well as under the green button.

Today I think I found out the combination of settings that causes this....

As the TV speakers -euphemistically speaking- are not really what I'd call Hi-Fi, I prefer listening to the radio (plm 15 hours per day), using the 32PFL4007H as tuner while using only the speakers of my audio- set. The audio- installation, connected to the TV through Tos-link, gives a far superior sound.

- If I turn the screen off and totally mute the TV sound, the set switches off after an hour or so.
    - If I turn the screen off and have the TV sound very low, the TV stays switched on.

Suggestion: could this plse be addressed in the next software- release?? IMHO the present situation is very confusing: with auto- switch off disabled in setup, the set still "automagically" switches off under certain circumstances, not specified in the manual or HELP pages....

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Racker View Post
    For a while now, I've been breaking my head over the fact, that my 32PFL4007H/12 (s/w 092.00)sometimes automatically switches off after an hour or so, while listening to a radio-station over the set. Auto- off is disabled in settings, as well as under the green button.

Today I think I found out the combination of settings that causes this....

As the TV speakers -euphemistically speaking- are not really what I'd call Hi-Fi, I prefer listening to the radio (plm 15 hours per day), using the 32PFL4007H as tuner while using only the speakers of my audio- set. The audio- installation, connected to the TV through Tos-link, gives a far superior sound.

- If I turn the screen off and totally mute the TV sound, the set switches off after an hour or so.
    - If I turn the screen off and have the TV sound very low, the TV stays switched on.

Suggestion: could this plse be addressed in the next software- release?? IMHO the present situation is very confusing: with auto- switch off disabled in setup, the set still "automagically" switches off under certain circumstances, not specified in the manual or HELP pages....

Hi Racker.

Could you please check that the sleeptimer is set to 0, as well as automatic switch off is set to OFF.

The latest software version for your TV is 93.0.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Racker.

Could you please check that the sleeptimer is set to 0, as well as automatic switch off is set to OFF.

The latest software version for your TV is 93.0.

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Hi Benedickte; Both settings are as you indicated. In spite of that, the set has been seen to switch off automatically after a longer period of not touching any controls. I still suspect, this (only?) occurs when both muting and screen off have been selected.

Just installed the latest firmware (USB install; set didn't find the upgrade by itself). Will get back here and let you know what happens...

Thx for your advise,

Rob

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @Benedickte: Installing 93.0 yesterday seems to have solved the issue. The set has been running with both sound and screen disabled (just "feeding" my sound-system through toslink), since six this morning and it hasn't switched off yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed....

Installing 93.0 did bring up another issue BTW: the TV couldn't find my network anymore. Resetting the router did the trick, just like last time, so I'm fine now. :!: Suggestion: Maybe it'd be good to include something like this in your upgrade instructions: "In some cases the set will not find your network after the update. If this is the case with you, resetting your router will probably solve the problem."

Cheers,

Rob