Hi there,

last spring, just a few days before the beginning of the Euro 2012, I bought a brand new Philips 42PFL4307H/12 LED television. I wanted to see the tournament in the best condition. My first impression about the TV was very good. The images were, and still are, very clear, and HD definition movies are perfectly displayed.

After a few football-matches though, I noticed some vertical shadow-like bands, most noticable in the middle and on 3/4 of the screen, on both sides . It is best visible when the camera is panning, and the background is of a light colour, like often occurs during a football match.

First I hoped it was a software problem, so I updated it. The problem kept existing. Then I called the customer service of Philips and explained my problem. The guy from Philips didn't knew the problem, but he advised me to try some fine-tuning in the settings. The images did improve, but the vertical banding was still there. A few days later I went to the shop I bought it, MediaMarkt in Utrecht. The guy there told me he never heard of the problem. Another dead end.

With every match I'm watching, it bothers me more. I'm about to call a mechanic from Philips to look for a solution, but you're my last hope.

Does anyone recognize this problem or does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance,
ErBe
HOLLAND

N.B. The problem looks a bit like this: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...PayFm-gnQklGPw