• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

7606K02 FW 14.101 HDMI ARC & Panasonic SC-HTB20 rusult in sound drops

I have trouble with my TV.

I just bought before a month a SC-HTB20 2.1 Sound System. It is connecteed over HDMI ARC to my TV.
    It boots and shutsdown together with the tv. I can also control the volume with the tv remote as i expected.
    So i was really happy.

Setup:
    7606K02 55 FW 14.101 & 14.9X
    Im using the internal (analoge & digital) cabel reciever of my 7606K02 55 to watch tv. I also have a PS3 Slim and a Unitymedia Recorder, and a Networkcabel conneted to the TV.

Problem:
    While watching TV Playing PS3, Streaming to the TV the sound drops. That means that the sound of the 2.1 system comes only frome the right speaker and really silent. I have to change the audio channel of the TV station, or switch the channel, or mute and unmute multiple times to get the sound back. This only happens on Digital channels, especially on ARTE HD.

I tried alot to get rid of it.
    Factory Reset of the TV,
    unplugged everything including network and HDMI devices except of the 2.1 system on HDMI1 ARC.
    Switched the HDMI cables between TV and 2.1 System (tryed 3 different brands with 1.4 standard).
    without a change.

Any ideas what can i try? Some one else with such problems?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I own now a RaspBerry Pi. This device gives alot of freedom with the xbian fw.

With the RaspBerry Pi i was able to play a bit with the configuration and the HDMI sound drops.
    At first i connected the Rasp to the Side HDMI port of my 7606k02. It gets detected as XBMC and i can control the Rasp with the tv remote over cec.

Than i configured that digital sound gets passedThrue. I played a movie with DTS sound and after a few seconds i had sound drops.
    Than i configured that the digital sound gets converted to 2.1 PCM sound. I started the same movie again. It works, without sound drops!

But the RaspBerry Pi has not much power so sound converting on the fly is not preffered.

Than I connected the RaspBerry Pi to my Panasonic SC-HTB20 2.1 Sound System. I enabled the sound passthrue again. I started the movie with DTS again and the sound worked like a charm!

So i think it not a fault of the sound system. Because it plays fine from directly conneted devices.
    Maybe that helps to find the issue in the TV fw.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doener View Post
    I have trouble with my TV.

I just bought before a month a SC-HTB20 2.1 Sound System. It is connecteed over HDMI ARC to my TV.
    It boots and shutsdown together with the tv. I can also control the volume with the tv remote as i expected.
    So i was really happy.

Setup:
    7606K02 55 FW 14.101 & 14.9X
    Im using the internal (analoge & digital) cabel reciever of my 7606K02 55 to watch tv. I also have a PS3 Slim and a Unitymedia Recorder, and a Networkcabel conneted to the TV.

Problem:
    While watching TV Playing PS3, Streaming to the TV the sound drops. That means that the sound of the 2.1 system comes only frome the right speaker and really silent. I have to change the audio channel of the TV station, or switch the channel, or mute and unmute multiple times to get the sound back. This only happens on Digital channels, especially on ARTE HD.

I tried alot to get rid of it.
    Factory Reset of the TV,
    unplugged everything including network and HDMI devices except of the 2.1 system on HDMI1 ARC.
    Switched the HDMI cables between TV and 2.1 System (tryed 3 different brands with 1.4 standard).
    without a change.

Any ideas what can i try? Some one else with such problems?

Hi Doener.

Sorry for late reply.

When did this sound drop you are experiencing start?
    How often does it happen?

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi Doener.

Sorry for late reply.

When did this sound drop you are experiencing start?
    How often does it happen?

Best regards,
    Benedickte
    It started with the Buying of the Soundsystem before 2 months. It was there from the Beginning when using ARC.
    For me it looks really like there is Something wrong in Passing Thrue DTS sound. I also know there is still an Ambilight Issue wit DTS sound and the PS3. They can be Related to my problem.

Any DT/DTS sound can cause the sounddrop Independent of the Source (PS3/Raspberry PI/Unitymedia HD Recorder / Internal DVB Tuner or Media Player)

This never Happens on not digital cabel TV, or PCM streams.

Arte HD from DVB-C (Unitymedia) causes the Problem really often.

The lenght of the Drops is hard to say. Its not just a second. It can take minutes until the sound is back. So I always manually react. (Start/stop of a stream many times, switching audio stream, restarting amp, switching channel)...

To get rid of that I use the TV as Less as possible with DTS:
    I bought the Raspberry Pi and connected it to the AMP directly (DTS is working there), I stopped using the Internal Media player.
    I truned DTS on the PS3 off,
    I dont watch Arte HD,
    The Bad thing... some Channels like ARTE are only sending DTS streams, so it dosent matter if i use the Unitymedia HD Recorder or the TV to watch it.

Other solution is turning the AMP off and use the internal TV-Speaker.