I recently posted a question regarding connecting a Philips TV to a Samsung soundbar and finally gave up. That post is here http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...undbar&p=40252

At the recommendation of customer support I returned the Samsung soundbar and managed to buy the only Philips soundbar with Easylink - HSB2313A/F7. So what I have now is a 32PFL4505D/F7 TV and a HSB2323A/F7 soundbar.

What I am trying to achieve is to have the soundbar turn and and off with the TV and to have the TV's remote control control the sound on the soundbar. According to the TV manual this should be possible with an Easylink compliant speaker system.

I can make the soundbar work by connecting to the coax input and it probably will work with the analogue/AV input, but that means turning the TV speakers off and using the soundbar's remote for sound. According to the TV manual I should be able to control the soundbar by setting my speakers to "Speakers EasyLink" and using an HDMI connection (that's implied, but not specifically stated). But neither manual discusses what connections to make and what setting to use on the soundbar.

While I probably have not tried every combination I have tried a lot. The soundbar will turn on when I turn on the TV, but I cannot get any sound out of it in this mode.

Any help with this combination.

Thanks

Graham