Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Smart TV: Pointer control

The high-end TV range of 2012 supports "Pointer Control".

Explanation video.

We are adapting and expanding the amount of Apps that offer pointer support, these already do:
    Hockeysverige, Euronews, France 24, IVI, POCCN, Stream Interactive, SBS 6, Net5, Veronica, Buscape, Engin TV Rehberi, Euroinvestor DK, Picasa DE, MyAlbum – English, Tv'de film keyfi!” , Volkswagen, Yota Музыка, iplaFILM, Videociety, iplaFILM, Chili, Cinetrailer, Filmweb.no, Mediateka RTV, Viewster, CTC, BloombergHT, HaberTurk, Videoland.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Pointer control: Toggle Pointer

When you have a 8000 or 9000 series 2012 TV with a Radio Frequent Remote Control, then you can move the pointer over the screen in Smart TV modus. When you find the pointer not active, just press the Blue Button. Put your thumb on the OK button (without pressing it) to see and move the pointer.

On these TV’s with pointer control, you can toggle between Pointer control or navigation with the arrow keys when using the Smart TV portal. Simply press the Toggle Pointer (blue button) to change.

Note: the “Move” option (Green button), to move Apps on your homepage, is only offered when the pointer is off.

UPDATE:
    If you have a 7000, 8000 or 9000 series 2013 TV with a Radio Frequent Remote Control, the pointer feature is also available for these sets.
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 08-05-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Removed irrelevant info and adding info on 2013 models
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Mark View Post
    When you have a 7- 8- or 9000 series 2012 TV with a Radio Frequent Remote Control, than you can move the pointer over the screen in Smart TV modus. When you find the pointer not active, just press the Blue Button. Put your thumb on the OK button (without pressing it) to see and move the pointer.

When you have a 6000 series 2012 TV with pointer support but without the RF-remote, than you need to connect a device to the USB port of the TV, like a mouse or a keyboard with touchpad , to control the pointer.

On these TV’s with pointer control, you can toggle between Pointer control or navigation with the arrow keys when using the Smart TV portal. Simply press the Toggle Pointer (blue button) to change.

Note: the “Move” option (Green button), to move Apps on your homepage, is only offered when the pointer is off.
    I have a 40PFL7007 with a QWERTY remote. I am running the latest software to date (QF1EU-0.150.83.0).

I can not see a pointer if I put my thumb on the OK button. I have tried the 'toggle pointer' button and it makes no difference (the 'Move' option does go away).

If I plug a mouse in to the TV, I *do* get a pointer and it works, but I cannot get one from the remote.

Is my remote broken? It is a QWERTY/RF remote, but I don't see any sign it is behaving as a pointer.

If I choose 'options' in Smart TV I do not have the option to select 'Remote Control Navigation'.

Also, I no-longer have the 'feedback' option for my blue button - it is only stuck at 'toggle pointer'.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Jonny