• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

UPnP/DLNA playback suddenly disconnects on 37PFL8605

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Philips 37PFL8605 tv (has the latest firmware update) in combination with the Mediatomb media server.

Whenever I play a video, or navigate through images, the tv seems to lose connection to the media server. When watching a movie, this translates to the movie suddenly stopping, and the tv returning to the 'server list' view. The media server disappeared from that list and doesn't return until I restart the tv.
    When viewing images the same thing happens. The tv returns to the 'server list' view, where the media server I was browsing from had disappeared.

The odd thing is that none of this happens when streaming images or videos from a Windows Media Player server, and the problem also never occurs when using a different player other than the tv to watch from that Mediatomb media server.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this before and knows how to solve this? Or does anyone know how I can investigate the problem any further? (debug logs on tv or something similar)

Thanks in advance,
    - Kaydub

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I did some more research, and I found out that the tv resets the connection actively. See screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/gfBI0.jpg
    http://imgur.com/JCS1e

Throughout the log there are more occurrances of connection resets, however I do not know when they exactly occur.

- Kaydub

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I had the same issue after changing my linksys router for a sitecom wl-351. I use the usb wifi dongle and access the server by wifi.

I had extended email conversations with sitecom, which were more than dissappointing and lacked a real solution for the problem other than "go back to the store where you bought it and try an get a replacement".

After extending the usb dongle with a wire, the signal received got so much better that the old linksys wrt 54g did the job more than ok, so I got rid of the sitecom. And gone were the connection losses.

So my advise, try another router and may be your problems will be gone as well
    Last edited by Joop; 01-02-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydub View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Philips 37PFL8605 tv (has the latest firmware update) in combination with the Mediatomb media server.

Whenever I play a video, or navigate through images, the tv seems to lose connection to the media server. When watching a movie, this translates to the movie suddenly stopping, and the tv returning to the 'server list' view. The media server disappeared from that list and doesn't return until I restart the tv.
    When viewing images the same thing happens. The tv returns to the 'server list' view, where the media server I was browsing from had disappeared.

The odd thing is that none of this happens when streaming images or videos from a Windows Media Player server, and the problem also never occurs when using a different player other than the tv to watch from that Mediatomb media server.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this before and knows how to solve this? Or does anyone know how I can investigate the problem any further? (debug logs on tv or something similar)

Thanks in advance,
    - Kaydub
    I've got the same problem with the37PFL8605M/08 (latest firmware version installed).

I hope it could be solved as the other bugs of this TV models a soon as possible. They're unacceptable!

regards
    Last edited by Nettle; 01-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joop View Post
    I had the same issue after changing my linksys router for a sitecom wl-351. I use the usb wifi dongle and access the server by wifi.

I had extended email conversations with sitecom, which were more than dissappointing and lacked a real solution for the problem other than "go back to the store where you bought it and try an get a replacement".

After extending the usb dongle with a wire, the signal received got so much better that the old linksys wrt 54g did the job more than ok, so I got rid of the sitecom. And gone were the connection losses.

So my advise, try another router and may be your problems will be gone as well
    Well, you're right about the router thing. I bypassed the router and now I have flawless playback. I still have no clue of what's causing it. FYI: The router is a THOMSON SpeedTouch 780

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydub View Post
    Well, you're right about the router thing. I bypassed the router and now I have flawless playback. I still have no clue of what's causing it. FYI: The router is a THOMSON SpeedTouch 780
    Yep, first I thought it was only the TV that had this problem, so I started some Philips bashing. Bbut after some more testing I found out that my n900 mobile phone had the same problem. So it's not only the Philips's problem. It is almost like modern routers cause these problems.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi! I really hope that my solution will also help you. I wrote it on mediatomb support forum. https://sourceforge.net/projects/med.../topic/4576811

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have the same problem with Philips 40PFL7605M/08 and MyBookLive - Twonky Media Server 5.1.9

the router is SpeedTouch THOMSON ST585.

show my post
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...a-Server-5.1.9

Tags for this Topic