• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry Intermittent Headphones Issues with 42PFL7422D/37

Hello all,

I have the Philips 42PFL7422D/37 (42" LCD). I am having a very frustrating issue with the headphone-out (3.5mm TRS connector) jack. The problem is intermittent; sometimes I have sound, and sometimes I won't. I only use the TV in HDMI mode (HDMI1 assigned to my home theater PC via HDMI capable video card, HDMI2 assigned to my XBOX360). When the headphones and/or jack aren't working, they don't work for either HDMI1/2 modes. The last time this occurred, I tried different pairs of headphones that I tested with other devices and are known good -- all to no avail. I've also since upgraded to the latest firmware ((Version: 000.064.014.018) English, Date published: 2008-05-06) in hopes that this is a software issue.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Please let me know and whether you have and whether or not you were able to resolve the issue.

Also, in order to clarify, the built-in speakers work just fine at all times.

Thanks,
    deebrooklyn

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Headphone jack works intermittently on my 52' Philips HDTV

Although we purchased our 52PFL7422D/37 from COSTCO a few years ago, we never tried to use the headphone jack until now. My elderly mother, being hard of hearing, needs to use headphones to make our viewing experience comfortable. Recently we have made use of wireless headphones that work wonderfully with our stereo and only intermittently with our TV. This is very frustrating and would appreciate knowing how to fix this problem. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by deebrooklyn View Post
    Hello all,

I have the Philips 42PFL7422D/37 (42" LCD). I am having a very frustrating issue with the headphone-out (3.5mm TRS connector) jack. The problem is intermittent; sometimes I have sound, and sometimes I won't. I only use the TV in HDMI mode (HDMI1 assigned to my home theater PC via HDMI capable video card, HDMI2 assigned to my XBOX360). When the headphones and/or jack aren't working, they don't work for either HDMI1/2 modes. The last time this occurred, I tried different pairs of headphones that I tested with other devices and are known good -- all to no avail. I've also since upgraded to the latest firmware ((Version: 000.064.014.018) English, Date published: 2008-05-06) in hopes that this is a software issue.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Please let me know and whether you have and whether or not you were able to resolve the issue.

Also, in order to clarify, the built-in speakers work just fine at all times.

Thanks,
    deebrooklyn

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl View Post
    Although we purchased our 52PFL7422D/37 from COSTCO a few years ago, we never tried to use the headphone jack until now. My elderly mother, being hard of hearing, needs to use headphones to make our viewing experience comfortable. Recently we have made use of wireless headphones that work wonderfully with our stereo and only intermittently with our TV. This is very frustrating and would appreciate knowing how to fix this problem. Thank you!

***Bump***

Seems that I'm not the only one with this issue within this product line... Can someone from the support team please address this issue?