I’d like that the next Net TV (9705) firmware release will have these new features:
1) Enhanced Internal Media Player software (USB movies):
a. GO-TO function
b. Play-list option
c. Resume option (e.g. I play a movie from USB, then I pause the movie and switch to TV, after I come back to USB and I’d like to resume playing from the last point)
2) Enhanced On screen menu (I refer to the information shown when I switch tv channels, now it’s very basic there is only TV channel number and it’s name ):
a. Add actual resolution (480; 576; 720p/i; 1080p/i, etc.)
b. Time and date;
c. What’s on
It would be nice to have an option to enable or disable this enhanced on screen menu; so we can choose between the basic (actual) or the enhanced.
3) An option to pause/freeze the TV image (e.g. when I watch a TV channel and I have to read a telephone number).
4) Add a PVR option to record what I see on the TV channel on a USB stick
Thank in advance for your support!
I would add:
- audio stream swticher when read files from USB
- better management mkv file with high bitrate
- info bar when changing tv channels(there was in 2009 models)
DVB-T EPG for countries that is missing, like Greece, Russia & Ireland...
I would like to add:
- connection of an external keyboard (wireless and/or with cable) that permits to introduce the strings/internet adresses faster
- solution for the annoying intermittent sound lost (sw bug) using a hdmi connector (for example connected with a Philips soundbar)
- subtitles support
- when playing from DLNA through media player show total time of movie also, not just actual time in movie
For NET TV (upgrade software on 7605, 8605)
Better DLNA support and standard compliance :
Support for .SRT subtitle
Support for back/fastforward
Better support for most famous servers like Twonky
I don't know if this list is actually being watched by Philips...
If so, please react with some feedback in which is explained that/if some features are being implemented (or not).
Maybe some kind of roadmap.
I see many (manager's talk) 'low hanging fruits', that will make many customers happy (e.g. the 'info bar' displaying the currently broadcasted program, that is mentioned here and I got used to with our 10-years old Matchline).
Also, I would like to add a small request for the navigation in the menu's: please add a 'wrap-around' function, so that e.g. the up-button moves from the top-item to the bottom item.
Additionally - exept for Toengel non-official topic - I cannot find the release nots for the 'beta' FW version v0.140.27.0 for 8000 and 9000...
Last edited by Chrissie18; 01-10-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Reason: Found answer myself in the 'go advanced': (is it possible to subscribe to topics e.g. you'll get an email when there is a new posting?)
Originally Posted by Chrissie18
as far as I know the release notes will be online together with the next release...
Nothing exciting (like EPG fixes, menu spelling error corrections, improvements on usability, 3D improvement, or new features like keyboard/subtitles...)
Originally Posted by petasis
Although I think many customers that have experienced the sounnd cut-off would disagree with you that it is 'nothing special'...
I want SUBTITLES SUPPORT!!
Hi Chrissie, I completely agree with your questions for a roadmap (in general) and an info bar (specific expectable functionality in an expensive TV). The thing is however that the moderator has NEVER replied on such questions at least not in the period October - December. S/he is probably not allowed to. Responses will mainly be given when:
1. a serious bug has been found (vertical lines issue, sounding issue)
2. a new firmware, net tv portal or net tv channel has been launched
3. advertisement for Videoland.
I once tried to get an answer on both your questions: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ure-in-TV-mode, but there has never been any response.
Which BTW doesn't mean we should give up: Phil, pleas give us an indication on what we can expect the coming months!!
The "nothing exciting" was referring to the issues I mentioned next to it.
Originally Posted by Chrissie18
Regarding audio loss, of course it is an important issue, but it shouldn't be there in the first place.
I am not going to be happy, because a firmware fixes the TV picture/sound. If a TV does not have these, its not a TV at all...
I am complaining about the features that Philips tricked us, when we bought our TVs. Who knew that the 9705 didn't have EPG and local dimming in 3D? If I new that the TV was not DVB-T compliant, I would have spent 2.600 euros on it.
I expect much more from a firmware release, than a release that makes the TV output sound from its speakers...
The first thing Phlips MUST solve is the now/next info bar. This is a thing that i as consumer simply expect on ANY expensive tv from whatever trademark it is.
Tags for this Topic