Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Silver Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Question IP-EPG doesn't work anymore (after working more than one year)

I did already ask in this thread, but it seems my problem is different to the OnBraNet user.

I own a 32PFL8404H where automatic display of now/next is still working, it means production date before June 2009. I receive about 100 free unencrypted channels and a lot more pay tv channels, I purchased only a few. So a working EPG list is urgently needed.

Until begin of December 2010 the IP-EPG "powered by tvtv" did work. Not perfect and not for all channels, but it gave me much benefit over EPG from the DVB-C-Channels, where the number of preferred channels is limited to 30, 40 or 50 (?) and is only filled with data if I had tuned to the channels manually before. Since December (shortly after switching to new NetTV Portal by Philips) the IP-EPG it doesn't work any more. I get only the response "IP-EPG has encountered an error (500)" but no more IP-EPG.

I did call Philips support several times and got different answers from "problem is known and will be fixed" over "temporary technical problem" to "tvtv has to fix it". One asked all details of connected device, MAC and so on and promised me Call back by a technician - that didn't happen until now. Even no answer by Mail (beside automatic reply by website).
    In Between I did see, EPG is still working in shops and read it would work with other users, also customers of my cable provider (but using newer devices).
    Clearing Internet cache didn't help. I had to register again with Club Philips and to accept the conditions of tvtv and after that the error occurs again...
    I changed firmware back from 26.78.0 to 26.76.0 that was working until November - it didn't help.

So what could be the matter?

Anyone similar experiences in long time use and don’t working any more?
    Is tvtv limiting the free use of the guide maybe only for one year like it does using their service via website, linux pvr or other devices?
    Is the problem limited to older 2009 devices?

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Why don't you use the DVB-T EPG? This will work always, as the data comes from the channels their-selves, and not from a company like tvtv...

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I receive DVB-C from local cable operator. And as I stated above there I get about 100 free channels and more pay tv channels, but the number of preferred channels in DVB-EPG is channels is limited to about 40 (in 2010 devices this limitation is gone). And IP-EPG did provide EPG for some channels where no EPG is transmitted via TV-Channel.

The DVB-EPG I get very much better with my (no Philips) DVB-C-Receiver that works as PVR. But if he is recording I'm using the tv-tuner...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    In Russia the tvtv IP-EPG is working.
    Unfortunately there is no russian channels in list.
    If i go to the tvtv.de then i see a few russian channels but not all of course.
    But in TV IP-EPG there is no russian channels. Why?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    EPG-Data is provided by tvtv (see tvtv.de, tvtv.at, tvtv.co.uk and other). And I don't know any russian channel in database (my cable operator offers some channels from russia as pay tv - none of them was in tvtv list). But the IP-EPG didn't offer all channels from tvtv-Database, I did miss a few and some weren't provided with data (for example Servus TV from Austria where I found data on tvtv.at and tvtv.de)
    But it isn't possible to ask tvtv directly - they claim to ask the manufacturer for support...

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahasver View Post
    EPG-Data is provided by tvtv (see tvtv.de, tvtv.at, tvtv.co.uk and other). And I don't know any russian channel in database (my cable operator offers some channels from russia as pay tv - none of them was in tvtv list).
    But the IP-EPG didn't offer all channels from tvtv-Database, I did miss a few and some weren't provided with data
    Yes, here is a full list for all russian channels that i found on tvtv.de.
    Does your operator translate Channel One? This is most famous russian channel.
    EPG for this channel is accessible from web, but not from TV... Damn!

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This 5 channels my operator takes from Eutelsat (13° and 9° East) and translates only technical from DVB-S to DVB-C. This channels now seems to carry a DVB-EPG with Russian words in latin letters like listed in tvtv.de And the 3 RTV-channels are currently unencrypted. None of them I found in tvtv-channel-list in my tv (so long it worked).

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Fantastic!
    You in Europe can enjoy russian channels with EPG while we in Russia can't!

Philips can change this by make a chioce for customers to specify EPG source, not tvtv.de...
    But i think that in my case (2009 TV) i have no chances...

Silver Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Until begin of December 2010 the IP-EPG "powered by tvtv" did work. Not perfect and not for all channels, but it gave me much benefit over EPG from the DVB-C-Channels, where the number of preferred channels is limited to 30, 40 or 50 (?) and is only filled with data if I had tuned to the channels manually before. Since December (shortly after switching to new NetTV Portal by Philips) the IP-EPG it doesn't work any more. I get only the response "IP-EPG has encountered an error (500)" but no more IP-EPG.
    You can try to re-do a complete channel installation. That might re-install your EPG correctly.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I did this several times too. Even DVB-T only search didn't help or choosing Austria for Channel search.

Currently the only explanation would be blocking my network access by any involved server, may be for reasons of commercial interests. Having in mind the channel list provided by the IP-EPG, this EPG seems to be taken not directly from tvtv but in cooperation by Philips with an other cable net operator that is competing against mine. So my NetTV account could be black listed... (I did much time call support for missing channels not provided this operator and not provided by IP-EPG but provided by tvtv...)

But otherwise problem could be related to limitations of 8404 devices, I didn't get response from any 8404 user yet. May be many are don't using this IP-EPG...
    Last edited by ahasver; 01-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassOverdriveNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    ... I get only the response "IP-EPG has encountered an error (500)" but no more IP-EPG.
    Hi,

since yesterday (Jan 9, 2011) I've the same problem with my 40pfl7605H/12 (FW 140.027). IP-EPG did not work anymore, only "Error 500" is displayed. NetTV runs normal, so the network seems not to be the problem.

regards
    bta
    Last edited by bta; 01-10-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Add that NetTV is ok.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Did you switch off your tv this day but normally let the device in stand by?
    From standby formaly stored NetTV session seems to continue, but after switch off a new (automatic) login could read changed configuration, larger channel list database and so on.
    May be the the larger station list (containing new added channels we receive) could be the problem.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassOverdriveNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Did you switch off your tv this day but normally let the device in stand by?
    From standby formaly stored NetTV session seems to continue, but after switch off a new (automatic) login could read changed configuration, larger channel list database and so on.
    May be the the larger station list (containing new added channels we receive) could be the problem.
    Hi,

thx for your replay. Indeed I've switched the tv off and switch on agian on Jan. 9. 11.

What I've tried so far:
    1.) delete the NetTV chache
    2.) try IP-EPG: error 500
    3.) switch off the tv for arround 1 minute
    4.) do a tv channel update
    5.) try IP-EPG: error 500
    6.) switch the tv off over night
    7.) try IP-EPG: error 500
    8.) delete the NetTV chache
    9.) NetTV wants once more to register at ClubPhilips (since Oct 2010 i've done this arround 10 times)
    10.) try IP-EPG: error 500

So IP-EPG is no aviliable at all.
    Does anyone else have such a problem?

Side info: NetTv was avaliable during all the time - so the network in principle has no problem.

Since I still hope that philips read this: 40pfl7605H/12 (FW 140.027)

regards
    bta

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy

exact this procedures I did provide several times. And the same results.

This week Philips support did claim by phone, they got an answer by technican saying the tv would working and accessing correctly. And the for the reason of the error I had to ask tvtv or my network operator may be for blocking access or wrong route. But tvtv didn't answer my questions and Philips wouldn't tell me the URL to check...
    Philips says, 'cause it's working in most other cases their wouldn't be much investigation.
    The different answers of different callcenter agents say, it's a problem of tvtv (but with different explanations...)

But if access to IP-EPG in Germany would be adjusted to KDG and the other big operators then also other customers in other cities with alternativ cable operators should notice the problem.
    May be, mostly a separated SetTop Box is used for DVB-C giving much more comfort in channel organising and EPG (I do so too), so only few people give feed back to Philips in this topic....
    Last edited by ahasver; 01-16-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Gold Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am also in contact with philips and it seems that they are working on it because I've been ask for a lot of further info to isolate the problem and I understand that philips need some time to overcome the IP-EPG problem.

But what I do not unserstand is how the IP-EPG is organized:
    - some comments mentioned that the IP-EPG content comes direct via an tvtv server.
    - other postes mentioned that the content the tv recives comes from a philips server and this server itselfs gathers the info at tvtv.

So I'am not sure if a tvtv server or the philips server "blocks" the transmitted requenst when we try to start IP-EPG.
    By the way I've bought the TV because it contains a HD DVB-C reciver and I do not want an additional STB.

regards bta.
    Last edited by Philips admin; 12-09-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Link removed as it is not valid anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Topic