Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,437
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

try the following:

Frequently asked questions

Back to FAQ
    Question

Why does "Philips server not found" appear when I try to access Net TV based EPG?
    Answer

If you have a PC, proceed as follows:
    • Can you access the Web with your PC?
      • If not, contact your Internet provider.
      • If yes, go to this site
      • If the Philips server is down, you will see a red light. Try again later to see if the server is up and running again.
    • If the server is up and running, you will see a green light.
      Check if the connection between your home network and the TV is still intact.
      (see FAQ "My installation has worked before, but now I am unable to access and connect to my PC network.").
      If this site shows a green flag for Net TV then the problem must be at your internet connection.
      Tip: try resetting your internet router.

Some Hints & Tips:

The “Philips server not found” error is displayed by the TV because it cannot reach the Net TV portal. Most likely this is caused by a firewall setting in your router (or Modem). The firewall setting does not allow the TV to have free access to the open internet. Check firewall settings in your router, bring the firewall down to see if the TV can connect. Configure the IP address of your TV in the router to pass freely. Port 80 and port 443 must be accessible for the TV.

Put your TV to a normal channel, than press 123654 on the remote control. You see the Customer Service Menu (CSM). Check here if it displays the type number of your TV and the serial number. Without this info it will not be allowed to get access. Press the down button twice and find the MAC addresses of your TV.

When connected wired, Net TV is connecting and you only see the loading icon (running balls), disconnect the IP–cable between TV and Router, just for a second. That might just trigger the TV to load the Net TV homepage.

When you turn "on" the TV, do not access Net TV immediately. Let the TV perform its boot sequence first and access Net TV after one minute.

In the Menu of the TV is an option “Clear Net TV memory”. (Note: in the initial software in your TV this option is hidden under the option button on your remote control, not accessible when you can’t access Net TV). When accessible, try this.
    Check if there is new software available for your TV. Go to www.p4c.philips.com and search for your type number. Download the latest software and have it installed. With this new software you will find a “Clear Net TV memory” option in the menu of your TV. You can try it, it might help.

If it still does not work, report the Ethernet MAC address (from menu CSM3) plus your contact details, TV–type and software version to nettv.support@philips.com. We will check if we can see you connecting. Also let us know when you succeeded in getting connected.
    Source: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...2126&faqview=1

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    @Toengel

Network is working correct, the lights are green and internet cache was cleared tooo much times... And the NetTV Portal is working correctly.
    The IP-EPG is served by a different server - and this access goes a wrong way

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

in my TV EPG is served by https://epg1.philips.nl/default.aspx#

Regards,

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Shortly I found how to see the real URL in NetTV (when searching for a way to zoom NetTV-pages) - via Teletext-key I got a popup to choose information and zooming....
    And so I know, that even this server my tv tries to access too when starting access IP-TV. But it doesn't show the IP-EPG. Instead of EPG I get the mentioned error message "IP-EPG" has encountered an error (500)...
    And: If I type in this URL into the internet-app of NetTV I get this same error message by this server that I get when trying to access IP-EPG by the GUIDE-key.
    It now seems to me, my channel list isn't recognised by the server or too much channels couldn't be identified or may be the channels couldn't be listed any more since transmission parameters by my cable network operator had changed...
    Only Philips would now. I now tried to give detailed input to NetTV support and would gave them more technical details if needed.
    May be, here could be helped better then by the German service Centre...
    Last edited by ahasver; 01-19-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm brand new in this community, and the only reason to join is the here described problem. I'm in germany, close to Munich and the net-IPG is not working at all. It says something like: "The service is not available". I bought this TV on the 11th of January and the EPG worked only for the first few days.

I tried to talk to Philips Hotline several times. they are always very friendly and really willing to help. Last statement was, that this service is provided by TVTV and Philips can not do anything to make this working.

Actually my neighbour is working for TVTV. According to him, TVTV is only providing the content for Philips. The web page for the TV's is created and maintained by Philips.

I hope they will find accept their fault and find the problem some day. I think the net-EPG is much better than the one provided via DVB-C.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

this is also confirmed by the reason, that the url is https://epg1.philips.nl/ (option key, site information in IP-EPG). As far as I am reading concerning the IP-EPG there are many problems... did you tried the abovementioned hints?

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @ulligw
    ask your neighbour if they could provide a CeHtml-Version of tvtv like radiotime for its platform does expanded by HbbTV-Features like the HbbTV-Version of ARD-EPG (not provided by NetTV portal).

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have tried all this. Does not help at all. But I'm not able to see the url. I don't have this option "site information". But When I trie this url with a PC, it is not reachable.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ulligw View Post
    Actually my neighbour is working for TVTV. According to him, TVTV is only providing the content for Philips. The web page for the TV's is created and maintained by Philips.
    HI!
    Good news! Can you tell him that TVTV needs more russian TV chanells? Currently it has only five...

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ulligw View Post
    But I'm not able to see the url. I don't have this option "site information". But When I trie this url with a PC, it is not reachable.
    How to see the URL depends on your device. If you like me use a 8004 or an other 2009 device there should be a popup menu if you press Teletext key (not Option!) and you can choose between "security information" and "zoom" the first one shows you the accessed URL. Using newer devices or may be the special series you have a different remote control, there you should use the option button! But may be it depends on the used firmware of your device.
    However accessing this URL using your PC should direct you by the Philips server to an different URL and that URL isn't accessible or non-existent. Means at least the main URL should be reachable even by your PC. Destination of redirection may depend on browser type, stored cookies, additional transmitted paramemeters,... So this test wouldn't help but only show that your network connection is working. But if your network access to 'https://epg1.philips.nl/' failed at all - then you may have got an other problem...
    Last edited by ahasver; 01-25-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

suprise, surprise!!!
    EPG via Internet is working again. I'm not aware that I have made anything different at my TV. And This red-button feature is also available again.

But please don't ask me why.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I complety have lost the option EPG. I can select the program guide but the TV switches over to normal TV broadcast. So I dont have a EPG anymore. I use ziggo with a CAM CI+ module and software 140.27. It did work for the last few months and I didn't change anything on my TV.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Here the same. Ik have CI+ and Ziggo too. EPG via IP (via tvtv) does not work anymore. There is a white screen or you go directly go to NETTV. PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Why are there so few channels in the list ?? Not all the Ziggo-channels are in the list where you can link the channel.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

try to switch to "channel EPG " and than back to "internet EPG"...

Toengel@Alex

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    IP-EPG is a BAD idea. Philips has turned down the DVB-T EPG (which will work always!), and had added a dependency on a site that may not exist tomorrow...

They should have added IP-EPG after they have developed a perfect DVB-T EPG. But they haven't deal with DVB-T EPG, which means that when tvtv drop access (i.e. because it wants money), there is NO ALTERNATIVE for Philips TVs...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Topic