• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Mediaplayer enhancement suggestions

hi, on my wishlist for my PFL6007 (or any model) I would like to suggest when playing mediafiles via USB that:

1. If there is a subtitle file (.srt) in the samefolder, it AUTOMATICALLY starts showing subtitles. Now you have to 'switch on' subtitles with each new file. So if you are watching a TV-serie, each episode you switch the subtitles on.

2. I would like to be able to 'type' a 'jump to' time. Currently, the only way to forward is by fastforwarding on screen. Quite annoying when you need to go to 1hour20mins. Instead on one of the competitors BluRay players I have the option to simply 'type' 1 2 0 0 0 and then the file skips to 1 hours, 20 minutes and 0 0 seconds.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stephan View Post
    2. I would like to be able to 'type' a 'jump to' time. Currently, the only way to forward is by fastforwarding on screen. Quite annoying when you need to go to 1hour20mins. Instead on one of the competitors BluRay players I have the option to simply 'type' 1 2 0 0 0 and then the file skips to 1 hours, 20 minutes and 0 0 seconds.
    This was discussed also here. Unfortunately, seems that Philips doesn't care about it. I am so pissed off with the fact that I followed their marketing bullshit and spent almost 600 EUR for device that lacks such basic features as jumping to time... It was such obvious for me that they support it that I didn't even check! Seems that all the DLNA/SmartTV functionality is implemented only as much as it is required to put the appropriate bullet on the website. Probably nobody ever tests its usability. Because it is REALLY unusable! It's a pity, because the picture quality is so good! But I had to return it back to the shop...