the release notes PDF is now online - the changelog is a little bit different:
Q55xx_0.140.27.0 (Publication date: 2011-01-05)
Q55xx_0.140.25.1 (Publication date: 2010-11-23)
- Solution for intermittent freezing picture in Finland.
- Solution for zapping away from 3D broadcast channel in the Netherlands that results in no video.
- Solution for intermittent disturbance on audio via SPDIF out.
- Solution to prevent random services installation on UPC cable com in Switzerland.
- Solution to avoid that the set is rebooting/dead after sw update via PTA02 by packed stick.
- Solution X talk 3D.
- Solution for distorted sound with certain video formats playing via HDMI.
- Solution about the issue when the Double Video MHP application "GF Pay" is killed and is switching from secondary to primary video.
- Solution for installing Dig DVBC , DVB‐C when 170MHZ in MUX, picture is distorted.
- Solution for sound drops.
- Fix-visible bright lines at the right border in the 58PFL9955H/12
The release notes published some days ago were not completely correct.
We're waiting for the soutions for the main audio lost issues (via HDMI and SPDIF with externl devices connected)
Last edited by Nettle; 01-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
What Solution X talk 3D stands for?
Originally Posted by Toengel
Is it something that fixes or improves crosstalk while whatching 3D?
I have definatgely observed minor crosstalk 3D issues since the upgrade to 0.27 firmware,
Can someone ask philipswhat they did to reduce the crosstalk ? Maybe inserted black frames like samsung does ?(this would be a smart move).
Ok the main main issues in 140.27 for me 32pfl5405h/05
* Intermittent sound STILL a problem, but occurs less often.
* Out of sync video and audio after approx one hour of watching movie file through USB.
Workarounds:- ( that work for me)
* for Intermittent sound a power cycle of TV every night.
* for out of sync video and audio,do a fast forward or rewind for a few seconds, restores the sync.
Its funny the Philips release notes say the issues were fixed in 140.27 and 140.23, but they still exist but less often, Weird !!
Regarding sound problems, read also this.
I also verify that 140.27 DOES NOT solves the audio pauses from the SPDIF on my 46PFL9705.
When the output is set to 23.976 Hz (the frame rate of bluray movies), the image is ok, but there are sound pauses from the SPDIF. If I set the frequency to 24 Hz (and not 23.976), then there are no sound pauses from the SPDIF, but there are pauses in the image shown on screen. Is this a hardware failure, and not firmware problem?
its definitely a software problem it was introduced by 140.25.occuring less often in 140.27
I'm agree with you.
I have a Philips 32PFL8605 tv. A Philips satellite decoder DSR5020 is connected to it with a HDMI cable. DVB-T is also connected directly to the tv. I had enormous sound drops during the first 10 minutes when I switched the tv on and wanted to use the satellite decoder.I applied the FW 140.27 to the 32PFL8605. It solves the problem of the enormous sound drops during the first 10 minutes when using the satellite decoder, BUT now when I switch from a HD channel to a standard channel or vice versa, it's very strange: I get first during 1 second sound, then during 1 second a black screen without sound, then during 2 seconds the image without sound, and after all that I finally get an image with the sound. Did others also encounter this problem with the new update ? is Philips working on it ? Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by billbond4
Are we all talking about the SPDIF output, and the little pauses it inserts to sound?
Originally Posted by Nettle
Because there two sound problems (the other is that sound stops from the TV speakers/headphones)...
I only have sometimes soundloss when watching a HD channel through ci+ (not very often).
But when it happens in every case the picture also gets disturbed at the first time it happens.
It's like the processor gets wrong data from the broadcast, resulting (logical) in disturbed picture and sound, but after that it looks that, due to this, the system can't keep up anymore with processing the bitstream, resulting in soundloss and sometimes some more picture disturbances.
I have to switch to another channel and back to get it on track again.
(I'm using the latest firmware .27)
So it ain't happening when I use an external source, like mediaplayer or bluray.
Maybe this information mind be helpfull for the developers.
I'm referring to the intermittent sound lost o2 a couple of seconds (via HDMi and/or SPDIF) connected to an external devce (in my case a Philips soundbar).
Originally Posted by petasis
im talking about the sound loss in the tvs speakers
have someone a problem like tv automatic turn off and the on?i see it yesterday and before 5 min again.tv switch off and then again on... what is?that fw 140.27?had someone problem like this?thx