Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

it is normal, that you cant see your TV in your windows network...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

In my 2 PCs (windows 7 32b&64b) I haven't the option "Play To" in WMP 12 ....
    So, I will try to understand how to do to have a correct LAN.

Many thanks.
    Theudoo.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    You do not see the option Play-To in WMP because you have not activated, in Windows, Sharing Multimedia Stream network devices. And in that case, the problem is not Wifi Media Connect, or anything to do with the Philips TV, but must be configured to allow W7 multimedia file sharing network.

Streaming Media To activate, log on to Windows with an Administrator user, and do the following:
    1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and Then click Windows Media Player.
    Currently if the player is open and you're in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.
    2. Click Stream, And Then Click Turn on home media streaming.
    Turn on home media streaming Will not Be available on the Streammenu if streaming is Already Turned On.
    3. Media streaming options on the page, click Turn on media streaming. If you're prompt for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or confirmation Provide.
    4. Click OK.
    This activation procedure Streaming Media, is described, for example, in the following article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-Media-Player

Streaming Media Once activated, be shown the option Play-To in WMP.
    And, most important, now, the PC will detect the Philips TV and can access shared folders via the option "Explore PC network" in Philips TV start menu.

Another way to activate Media Streaming is marked active "Multimedia" on "Change advanced settings sharing" option that can be accessed from "Network and Sharing Center."

It should be borne in mind that our Windows 7 or Vista, you must be at least Home Premium, or better, because if it was Home Basic or Starter, sharing function with other network equipment not working.

We look forward to your test.

Regards
    Last edited by Jomsp; 03-31-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Thanks for your advices.
    I wil try again this week end and will provide you a feedback regarding my tests.

Have a nice day.
    Theudoo.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Just a little feedback
    Thanks again for your advices.
    1- Wifi MeidaConnect works now with my PC under Windows 7 32b but
    2- It still not works with my PC under Windows 7 62b ...
    I use the same settings ... I will continu to investigate

Many thanks.
    Theudoo.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

I understand that you are using the TV (Explore PC network start menu) to access folders on the PC and to play media files. ¿No?.
    Remember that now that the 32 bits PC detects the Philips TV, you can run the "Philips Media Connect" installed on your PC, to proyect into the TV-Philips any content displayed on the screen of the PC.

On the other hand, if it does not work on PC with 64 bits, recalls, go to my previous comments to detect the problem and tell us every step that you are doing so that we can help you.

Greetings
    Last edited by Jomsp; 04-05-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Wifi Media Connect is a joke! Just got the TV a week ago, didn't have the "dongle" which is really just a USB adapter. Philips said the TV should have come with it so they sent it to me free of charge. Popped it in, did the update, and it has worked only TWICE. I've done EVERYTHING suggested in every forum I've been able to find on this issue. Absolutely NOTHING happens. The TV just sits there with the little circle just turning over and over. I've got the software on the PC and the "Stop projecting" option is grayed out. I keep re-booting and turning the TV off and on. I've re-installed and downloaded several times. I've checked and re-checked router settings, TV settings, network settings. IT DOES NOT WORK! I'm able to view NetTV and I just bought a Sony Media Player to see if maybe it can do what Philips can't. No success. I'm tempted just to package up this joke of a TV (AND the Philips HTS system I bought separately) and get a total refund. Philips should have to pay ME for having wasted two of my weekends on trying to get this thing to operate as it should. Now, I'm on a mission to keep innocent victims from exposing themselves to this frustration.

I know I'll get a "canned" response from somebody saying to do everything I've already done. (And, no, enabling/disabling UPNP does NOT change anything.) So, to those people, save your breath. Offer some REAL advice for once and FIX this nightmare of a feature or offer a refund with compensation for stress and trauma. Maybe I should get a Sony TV because the Media Player works like a charm and set up was a breeze.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hatephilips View Post
    Wifi Media Connect is a joke! Just got the TV a week ago, didn't have the "dongle" which is really just a USB adapter. Philips said the TV should have come with it so they sent it to me free of charge. Popped it in, did the update, and it has worked only TWICE. I've done EVERYTHING suggested in every forum I've been able to find on this issue. Absolutely NOTHING happens. The TV just sits there with the little circle just turning over and over. I've got the software on the PC and the "Stop projecting" option is grayed out. I keep re-booting and turning the TV off and on. I've re-installed and downloaded several times. I've checked and re-checked router settings, TV settings, network settings. IT DOES NOT WORK! I'm able to view NetTV and I just bought a Sony Media Player to see if maybe it can do what Philips can't. No success. I'm tempted just to package up this joke of a TV (AND the Philips HTS system I bought separately) and get a total refund. Philips should have to pay ME for having wasted two of my weekends on trying to get this thing to operate as it should. Now, I'm on a mission to keep innocent victims from exposing themselves to this frustration.

I know I'll get a "canned" response from somebody saying to do everything I've already done. (And, no, enabling/disabling UPNP does NOT change anything.) So, to those people, save your breath. Offer some REAL advice for once and FIX this nightmare of a feature or offer a refund with compensation for stress and trauma. Maybe I should get a Sony TV because the Media Player works like a charm and set up was a breeze.
    If you do not work but the rest of the world does, thinks the problem is not "Wireless Media Connect" but something of your own PC <-> Router <-> TV.

Check my last comments where I explain, what remains to determine, in advance, before running "Philips Media Connect."

To complain will not help you, you better do what is necessary. To do this, read my earlier comments and try my advice.

We await the outcome of your tests.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Angry Wifi media connect does not work

Excuse me? How about this? When the rest of the electronic world WORKS, such as Sony, Western Digital, Netgear (which I've used right out of the box with no problem whatsoever), and Philips doesn't work, then the problem IS with Philips. Did you even read my post? I already said that I have tried EVERYTHING, including what you said and it just plain doesn't work. I'm an advanced PC tech, so I know what I'm talking about. YOU, obviously, do not. It will be a chore, but I'm ready to pack up the TV and the Blu-Ray HTS and just cart them back to the stores for a big fat refund.

I have had to dig and dig for this information and it should have come with the product in the first place. Companies that make their customers chase information just so products will work are very inconsiderate. And it would help to be able to find that information in proper English...

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hatephilips View Post
    Excuse me? How about this? When the rest of the electronic world WORKS, such as Sony, Western Digital, Netgear (which I've used right out of the box with no problem whatsoever), and Philips doesn't work, then the problem IS with Philips. Did you even read my post? I already said that I have tried EVERYTHING, including what you said and it just plain doesn't work. I'm an advanced PC tech, so I know what I'm talking about. YOU, obviously, do not. It will be a chore, but I'm ready to pack up the TV and the Blu-Ray HTS and just cart them back to the stores for a big fat refund.

I have had to dig and dig for this information and it should have come with the product in the first place. Companies that make their customers chase information just so products will work are very inconsiderate. And it would help to be able to find that information in proper English...
    Could you explain step by step what you have done?

Maybe then we can help you ... but, please, detail what steps and in what order the appropriate tests done.

We look forward to your comments.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomsp View Post
    If you do not work but the rest of the world does, thinks the problem is not "Wireless Media Connect" but something of your own PC <-> Router <-> TV.

Check my last comments where I explain, what remains to determine, in advance, before running "Philips Media Connect."

To complain will not help you, you better do what is necessary. To do this, read my earlier comments and try my advice.

We await the outcome of your tests.
    before you say it's joke, you night want to look at your setup. I had the same situation myself where the tv worked in NETTV but did not work under wifi mediaconnect. TV and PC were on the same network and subnet. It turns out that my pc was a bit too slow ( yes i did not have the minimum requierement to run the software but installed it anyway). the philips logo would come follow by the circlr searching for the PC, the screen would come black after about 10 seconds. The Pc would then start to run very slow using > 90% cpu. Wifi mediaconnect is very demanding on the pc so be sure that you have at least a dual core (i don't mean base on a Pentium4 crap) well configured. with 500meg of free ram, it means under windows you would need 500 megs left, so your system should probably have 2 gig to be ok. For your reference i am using a 46" 7705DV/F7 hardwire to the network with a linksys RTP300 router. Mediaconnect works great, quality on the video is awsome.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    hi "hatephilips"

can you give details of the Philips TV (model number), the TV SW version number that you have and the version number of the Wifi MediaConnect that you're using?

thanks.

br,
    hdaddict

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    hi "teudoo",

can you give more info on the PC with the 64-bit Windows 7? What edition is the Windows 7? Is the PC using wifi or cable LAN? what is the PC spec?

thanks.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Wifi Connect messing with my keyboard

Unlike many here, I've been lucky to get WiFi-Connect working straight out the box, however installing the program on my laptop has created another issue.

I have a series of hotkeys on my Asus laptop, for controlling brightness, volume, bluetooth etc. These hotkeys are accessed by pressing the relevant function key + the FN key. So F5+Fn turns brightness down, F6+Fn turns it up etc etc.

Well with the Wifi program installed, the F10, F11, and F12 keys do not work anymore - these are the controls for Mute Volume, Volume Up and Volume Down.

I know its this program because I just wiped my entire harddrive and reinstalled Windows. With a fresh install, Wifi-Connect was the first problem I installed, and the keys immediately stopped working. When I restored back to the snapshot I took before I installed, the keys worked perfectly.

Computer is : Asus X83V
    OS is: Windows Vista

Any clues as to how to proceed?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have a 46pfl7705DV/F7 TV (firmware _713 release 4/27/11). i am using the latest version of mediaconnect software(v 1.6.425). The pc i was using was a single core AMD 64 bit 3500+ 2.2ghz with 2 gig of ram. The pc and tv have the network hardwire 100mb. the NET was working but not the mediaconnect the pc was running very slow >90% cpu utulisation. I then swapped the pc with a dual core 1.6ghz and 2 gig of ram to try, it connected right away. clearly the mediaconnect software is very demanding on the cpu. even with the dual core (Coreduo 1.6ghz), it would run but would get the message that the apllication is overloaded to please close some program. I would say run it on a quad core and you would be fine at all resolution

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast