Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyoo7 View Post
    I have a 46pfl7705DV/F7 TV (firmware _713 release 4/27/11). i am using the latest version of mediaconnect software(v 1.6.425). The pc i was using was a single core AMD 64 bit 3500+ 2.2ghz with 2 gig of ram. The pc and tv have the network hardwire 100mb. the NET was working but not the mediaconnect the pc was running very slow >90% cpu utulisation. I then swapped the pc with a dual core 1.6ghz and 2 gig of ram to try, it connected right away. clearly the mediaconnect software is very demanding on the cpu. even with the dual core (Coreduo 1.6ghz), it would run but would get the message that the apllication is overloaded to please close some program. I would say run it on a quad core and you would be fine at all resolution
    Yes, Philips Media Connect is very demanding in terms of resources, especially demanding on the processor. Under Options, click right button on the wireless icon MediaConnect, if you select the tab SD resolution and the CPU goes above 70% of your processor is not able to move the application Wifi Media Connect. With your processor you can project photos and music, but probably will not have enough power for video.
    In any case, try uninstalling the antivirus which is a consumer of resources and close all other applications while you project.

The recommended minimum requirements for Vista/7 are:
    Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz
    1 GB Ram (I'd say 2 GB)
    200MB free hard disk space (I'd say 15% free C: partition or Windows instaled partition )

But the minimum requirements will only serve to project SD, if you want to move HD go to maximum-capacity processors, and I would advise them to be Intel.

Pd.: 64 bit and 2Gb?. This is not recommended. Get better performance if you have 32 bit and 2GB
    Last edited by Jomsp; 05-10-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atothel View Post
    Unlike many here, I've been lucky to get WiFi-Connect working straight out the box, however installing the program on my laptop has created another issue.

I have a series of hotkeys on my Asus laptop, for controlling brightness, volume, bluetooth etc. These hotkeys are accessed by pressing the relevant function key + the FN key. So F5+Fn turns brightness down, F6+Fn turns it up etc etc.

Well with the Wifi program installed, the F10, F11, and F12 keys do not work anymore - these are the controls for Mute Volume, Volume Up and Volume Down.

I know its this program because I just wiped my entire harddrive and reinstalled Windows. With a fresh install, Wifi-Connect was the first problem I installed, and the keys immediately stopped working. When I restored back to the snapshot I took before I installed, the keys worked perfectly.

Computer is : Asus X83V
    OS is: Windows Vista

Any clues as to how to proceed?
    Interesting data. I have not checked if something similar with a special key on my computer although it is not Asus. Philips should take note, if a bug in the Wi-Fi MediaConnect application that should be corrected.

This special keys are not controlled by the generic Windows driver, but by a proprietary driver from Asus, which is what appears to conflict with Wi-Fi Media Connect.

However, once installed Wi-Fi MediaConnect, try reinstalling the drivers for your Asus model for the control of special keys, which are the drivers that refer to the "touchpad" and key "multimedia". It fix the problem?.

We look forward to your test.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello! i have one question about wifi media connect. I have it all installed, net tv, wifi media on computer, everything is good.
    but when my computer starts projecting on tv, it's veeeery slow. and would like it to be fast of course

he asks me to lower the bit rate. i mean, my internet works properly, so i guess the net connection is good. to what do i do?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

WMC depends on your home network. It needs to transmit your PC desktop and stereo audio. You can reduce your desktop resolution. Also a powerful PC is necessary. If you use WLAN, it should have the N standard...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikili View Post
    Hello! i have one question about wifi media connect. I have it all installed, net tv, wifi media on computer, everything is good.
    but when my computer starts projecting on tv, it's veeeery slow. and would like it to be fast of course

he asks me to lower the bit rate. i mean, my internet works properly, so i guess the net connection is good. to what do i do?
    Philips Media Connect is very demanding in terms of resources, especially demanding on the processor. Under Options, click right button on the wireless icon MediaConnect, if you select the tab SD resolution and the CPU goes above 70% of your processor is not able to move the application Wifi Media Connect. With your processor you can project photos and music, but probably will not have enough power for video.
    In any case, try uninstalling the antivirus which is a consumer of resources and close all other applications while you project.

The recommended minimum requirements for Vista/7 are:
    Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz
    1 GB Ram (I'd say 2 GB)
    200MB free hard disk space (I'd say 15% free C: partition or Windows instaled partition )

But the minimum requirements will only serve to project SD, if you want to move HD go to maximum-capacity processors, and I would advise them to be Intel.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @hatephilips
    have you tried using a cable for both Router and laptop?

have you connected your laptop --Cat5 --- Router --- Cat5 -- TV

the more i use wifi media connect from my laptop wirelessly the worse it is.
    i use cable to be certian that i will get a connection.
    only 3 times out of 5 does the wireless work!!!

Philips must know about this issue....

If they wish for me to run some tests for them I can. but its very frustrating for it to work one minuite and not the next!!!
    Last edited by FrTed; 06-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomsp View Post
    Interesting data. I have not checked if something similar with a special key on my computer although it is not Asus. Philips should take note, if a bug in the Wi-Fi MediaConnect application that should be corrected.

This special keys are not controlled by the generic Windows driver, but by a proprietary driver from Asus, which is what appears to conflict with Wi-Fi Media Connect.

However, once installed Wi-Fi MediaConnect, try reinstalling the drivers for your Asus model for the control of special keys, which are the drivers that refer to the "touchpad" and key "multimedia". It fix the problem?.

We look forward to your test.
    Yes, I did that before my wipe and reinstall solution. Reinstalling hotkey drivers did not solve the problem.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Dear All

I have a core 2 duo PC which is connected to the network via an ethernet cable to the router and I have a 32" Philips TV 32PFL7605 connected with a WI-FI media connect USB dongle. I am trying to use the Wi-Fi Media Connect software, however the best resolution I can get is 1366 x 768.

Anyone got the same problem? I would like some help as to how I can project with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Regards
    Adrian

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

what happens if you set your resolution to Full HD AFTER you established the connection?

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

what happens if you set your resolution to Full HD AFTER you established the connection?

Toengel@Alex

My current PC resolution is 1920 x 1080. As soon as I start projecting with the Wi-Fi Media Connect Software, I get the following message:

PC screen resolution too high

Wi-Fi Media Connect could not project with current screen resolution
    The maximum resolution supported in this PC is 1366 x 768

Click OK to allow Wi-Fi Media Connect to change to the detected maximum resolution on this PC
    Click Abort to cancel projection and change the PC screen resolution yourself

----

Is there any maximum resolution restriction from the software? I have a Core2Quad with 8gb ram and a Geforce 9600 graphics card. I do not think it's a hardware issue, since I meet all the requirements.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

just let the software establish the connection by reducing your PC resolution. If that works and you see your PC desktop on the PC, just change the PC resolution...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adr272 View Post
    Dear All

I have a core 2 duo PC which is connected to the network via an ethernet cable to the router and I have a 32" Philips TV 32PFL7605 connected with a WI-FI media connect USB dongle. I am trying to use the Wi-Fi Media Connect software, however the best resolution I can get is 1366 x 768.

Anyone got the same problem? I would like some help as to how I can project with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Regards
    Adrian
    Hi

1366x768 is the maximum resolution for Wifi Media Connect.
    Please be aware, the software transcodes the Desktop and all on it, live to a Videostream which will be send out to the Network and to the TV.

Therefore we have limited the Size as, by the time the Software was released and even yet, only a few PCs would be able to live Transcode 1080p and give you the ability to work on the same Time with the PC.

Regards
    Thomas
    Last edited by Philips - Thomas; 07-25-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Can someone provide me the wifimedia connect code from the cd rom? I misplaced my disk. Trying to setup the wifimedia connect for the first time. I got my phillips 3 months ago.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfrankl6 View Post
    Can someone provide me the wifimedia connect code from the cd rom? I misplaced my disk. Trying to setup the wifimedia connect for the first time. I got my phillips 3 months ago.
    Hi,

if you have lost the disk, just get in contact with your Local Call Center, they can create a new Code for you.

http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards
    Thomas

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrTed View Post
    Hi Mikili,

I solved my issue by connecting to my routers admin page and enabling upnp.
    I then had to allow traffice to pass from WIFI to LAN.

if you are still having issues post your routers model here and hopefully someone will help
    Hope this helps
    Ted
    Hello, I have same problem that you had. I can conect the TV via wifi, the router is 2m from the tv and signal is high. But when I run the WMConect the tv never shows my image.

My TV is: 40PFL9705H/12
    pc portatil: ASUS Windows Vits Home Edittion
    Router: TP-Link

If I go to the router I can see when the tv is conected, but image is never coming to the tv.
    Firewall is now allowing WMConect

So I wan to ask you what you exactly did on router to allow the conexion, what is enabling upnp.??

Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast