• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks

Your experiences with FW v0.14.104 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Hi,

firmware 14.104 is online.

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
    - Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
    - IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

Q5551_0.14.104.0 (Date published: 2012-11-26)
    Q5553_0.14.104.0 (Date published: 2012-11-26)

• HbbTV application is not working. (Only applicable to country, Czech Republic)
    • USB recording resume function is not working.
    • TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Philips remember that in Poland HbbTV doesn't work on 2011 series. Is this update solved our problem also?
    One sugestion: It's very unnecessary to require active internet connection for playing records from local harddrive.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    cool can`t wait for this release when it arrives for the 58pfl9956 too

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    more and more updates but... allowing to choose between mutichannel and pcm stereo in optical out is not implemented...good job, PHILIPS

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

sure - you can choose - but it's a global setup...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

sure - you can choose - but it's a global setup...

Toengel@Alex

NO, I am not ABLE to choose between PCM and multichannel

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Frustration growing

Quote Originally Posted by tiomiguel View Post
    NO, I am not ABLE to choose between PCM and multichannel
    Im also not able to chose between PCM and "Multichannel" what ever that menas.

On Digital channels im able to switch the Audio Stream. But depending on the Channel there are a 2x PCM, 2x DTS or 1 PCM and 1 DTS Stream which i can select.

Easylink still not working propperly{
    I remove always the Powerswitch of all my "Home-(Frustation)Entertainment" devices. Nearly everytime i turn my TV on its a "Cold Start". And "Easylink" or "BuggyLink" Its also nearly everytime not working! It dosent Power up my AMP, its not recognizing my CEC devices.

I can see that directly during the booting of the TV if it will work or not.
    If i see this message: Undifined Undifiened Easylink is not working!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upload.small.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	665.3 KB 
ID:	1563

Name:	IMG_0659.small.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	507.0 KB 
ID:	1564

Maybe there is one "Undifined" message per CEC-Device??

My Easylink settings:
    Easylink: Enabled
    Easylink Remote: Enabled
    TV-Speaker: EasyLink-Autostart
    Pixel-Plus-Link: Enabled
    Automated Subtitle... : Enabled
    HDMI 1 - ARC: Enabled

Connected Devices:
    TV (HDMI1) - (TV Out) Panasonic SU-HTB20 (BD In) - (Raspberry Pi)
    TV (HDMI2) - Unitymedia HD Recorder (No CEC support) (Always OnPower)
    TV (HDMI3) - Playstation 3
    TV (HDMI-Side) Not connected
    TV (Ethernet RJ45) - TP Link 1043 ND (Router)
    TV (Cabel in) -(Cabel out) Unitymeadia HD Recorder
    }

DTS audio passthrue bug still there! (If i get the AMP Connecting to the TV)

I would like to help to fix that problems, are there any debugging logs accesible which i can upload?

Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doener View Post

Easylink still not working propperly

I remove always the Powerswitch of all my "Home-(Frustation)Entertainment" devices. Nearly everytime i turn my TV on its a "Cold Start". And "Easylink" or "BuggyLink" Its also nearly everytime not working! It dosent Power up my AMP, its not recognizing my CEC devices.

I can see that directly during the booting of the TV if it will work or not.
    If i see this message: Undefined Undefiened Easylink is not working!

Name:	upload.small.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	665.3 KB 
ID:	1563

Name:	IMG_0659.small.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	507.0 KB 
ID:	1564

Maybe there is one "Undefined" message per CEC-Device??
    It seems that the "Undefined" message is normal for every device that is not recognized. See also here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post20867

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Installed the update today. According to the release notes, ~100% of the issues from the 101 thread were not addressed in 104, so I wasn't expecting much improvement. I've had my 55" PFL7606 since March and I've applied every update ever since, none of them have helped with my problems really so now I decided to write on the forum. (Once they even sent a technician at my home, he replaced the whole logic board with a new one. I told him that it's probably just a waste of time, because it's clearly the software that bugs, not the hardware... and I was right, it didn't help.)

These are my biggest problems/annoyances:

1. I'd like to use my Pioneer BCS-212 5.1 home cinema system as my external speakers, always. But if I have "EasyLink autostart" enabled, it just doesn't work. I think the main problem is the rather slow boot up time of the BCS-212 (some 15-20 secs). It looks like the 7606 doesn't send the autostart signal to the BCS-212 until the TV has completely finished its own startup sequence, and it tries to switch to external speakers immediately after waking up the BCS (while it's still booting). And the TV thinks it succeeded and it switches to external speakers. But there is just no sound at all. Sometimes switching between tv speakers / remote speakers can help, but most of the times not, and the only way to get it to work is to restart the BCS. That's why I don't use the 'autostart' option currently; I manually start the BCS before the TV and then go through Options > Speakers to switch it to external speakers. That's the only reliable way to make it work.

2. I have a CI+ module installed. Every time I turn on the TV, I get this crazy "authentication started" / "authentication success" popup on the screen, and I have to push the green button on the remote to "approve" this annoying notification. At the same time it displays an awkward "undefined" text on the top-left corner of the display (in place of the channel's name). It looks like the software is still in alpha testing phase or something...

3. DLNA is unstable. It's better now that I switched to wired internet connection, but with the PTA01 wireless adapter it was even more unstable (even though the signal strength was excellent). Sometimes while watching a movie or a tv series through DLNA (from my MacBook Pro + Twonky Media Server), it just hangs. And because you cannot rewind or fast forward with DLNA, it's a huge pain in the ass if it happens after you've been watching for an hour or so. I've tried with older Twonky servers and the latest myTwonky, no change. So I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the tv.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yolque View Post

1. I'd like to use my Pioneer BCS-212 5.1 home cinema system as my external speakers, always. But if I have "EasyLink autostart" enabled, it just doesn't work. I think the main problem is the rather slow boot up time of the BCS-212 (some 15-20 secs). It looks like the 7606 doesn't send the autostart signal to the BCS-212 until the TV has completely finished its own startup sequence, and it tries to switch to external speakers immediately after waking up the BCS (while it's still booting). And the TV thinks it succeeded and it switches to external speakers. But there is just no sound at all. Sometimes switching between tv speakers / remote speakers can help, but most of the times not, and the only way to get it to work is to restart the BCS. That's why I don't use the 'autostart' option currently; I manually start the BCS before the TV and then go through Options > Speakers to switch it to external speakers. That's the only reliable way to make it work.
    I have more or less the same setup as you (Philips TV and Philips HTS), but my findings are somewhat different. I've set the TV speakers to "Easylink autostart" so that the sound gets routed through my HTS speakers. This is how the startup sequence works on my setup: I start the TV and it gives the autostart signal to the HTS. The HTS has a long startup time. Now before the HTS is completely started the TV checks if the sound can be routed through the HTS. This fails and TV gives the message "Can't switch to external speakers, internal speakers active". Now if I wait a little longer until the HTS finally starts up entierly I get a second message saying "External speakers active". Seems that when the HTS is up and running it gives a new signal to the TV and this switches to the external speakers as soon as it gets that signal. So, it takes some time (average 60 seconds) but this setup works.

2. I have a CI+ module installed. Every time I turn on the TV, I get this crazy "authentication started" / "authentication success" popup on the screen, and I have to push the green button on the remote to "approve" this annoying notification.
    I also use a CI+ module and I also see this pop-up, but it goes away by itself after a couple of seconds. To me this only occurs on encrypted channels of my TV provider, UPC.

At the same time it displays an awkward "undefined" text on the top-left corner of the display (in place of the channel's name). It looks like the software is still in alpha testing phase or something...
    This seems to be normal, Easylink shows that it sees 2 devices but cannot identify them (see my previous post).

I do agree with you that Philips could make things better, the software is not optimal, but I don't expect to see more support for the 2k11 tv's as Philips now fully focuses on the 2k12 models and the new 2k13 line.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    I have more or less the same setup as you (Philips TV and Philips HTS), but my findings are somewhat different. I've set the TV speakers to "Easylink autostart" so that the sound gets routed through my HTS speakers. This is how the startup sequence works on my setup: I start the TV and it gives the autostart signal to the HTS. The HTS has a long startup time. Now before the HTS is completely started the TV checks if the sound can be routed through the HTS. This fails and TV gives the message "Can't switch to external speakers, internal speakers active". Now if I wait a little longer until the HTS finally starts up entierly I get a second message saying "External speakers active". Seems that when the HTS is up and running it gives a new signal to the TV and this switches to the external speakers as soon as it gets that signal. So, it takes some time (average 60 seconds) but this setup works.

I also use a CI+ module and I also see this pop-up, but it goes away by itself after a couple of seconds. To me this only occurs on encrypted channels of my TV provider, UPC.

This seems to be normal, Easylink shows that it sees 2 devices but cannot identify them (see my previous post).

I do agree with you that Philips could make things better, the software is not optimal, but I don't expect to see more support for the 2k11 tv's as Philips now fully focuses on the 2k12 models and the new 2k13 line.
    I think my Easylink is completly broke since the new FW update.
    I resetet the TV now 2x im completly, disabled and enabled Easylink with many restarts and shutdowns (soft and hard). But my TV is unable to get any device connected over Easylink. I contacted the support, and they told me that the "Undefined" message during start looks like a HW malfunction and they want to send someone to repair my TV.

I still think its a problem of the FW. I will try to reinstall the current FW maybe something got wrong?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Reflashing the FW is not possible... :-( At least not the updating way...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Wonder how this fw fixes unavailability of HbbTV in the Czech Republic. None of the channels which are HbbTV enabled work! I've checked with my cable operator (UPC) and they do provide HbbTV. So now what? Is there a difference between DVBT and DVBC (from TV perspective)?

PFL7696H

Update: today (after one day since I've upgraded fw) I can see HbbTV on the channels they provide it. Have no idea why or what has been changed but it works. Is there any caching or what?
    Last edited by el_lama; 11-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Please, enable recording without internet connection! And remake usb subtitles.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Just another "empty" update.

Since the moment when I bought my PFL7606 passed a lot of time. During this time my acquaintances bought 4 TVs. NO Any Philips!
    I dissuaded them to buy this stuff. In a year in a firmware didn't correct anything important.
    Philips give good-bye!
    I'm still so angry!

youque +1
    black.stream +1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast